PDA

View Full Version : Free Country Project

adpierce
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Free Country Project:

The Greatest Ron Paul Money Bomb of all time. The bomb to end all bombs. The purpose of this bomb is to do one of two things.

1. We propel Ron Paul into the General Election under the Republican ticket or if he's unsuccessful with that effort but yet willing to run under a third party.

2. We organize a plan to purchase an island for the purpose of bringing like-minded individuals seeking to run a true libertarian government.

Financial Goal: September 5, 2008 at approximately 30 million dollars.

An exploratory committee will be formed to determine what island would be the best to live on if that were the final option for the rEVOLution.

Liberty is the greatest goal of mankind. It is an inalienable right, we as citizens of the world deserve to live as free men and women. An overbearing government which intervenes in the personal lives of ordinary people is a tyrannical government. A centralized government has only several purposes. 1. To provide for the common defense. 2. To provide for the ability for individuals to engage in free trade among one another and 3rd and most importantly it exists to preserve maximum personal liberty for it's citizens.

skinnyskittles1989
01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
count me in

ecliptic
01-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I prefer to re-take America for the Constitution. No nation can hide across water... we're way past that point...

govtpigII
01-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Free Country Project:

The Greatest Ron Paul Money Bomb of all time. The bomb to end all bombs. The purpose of this bomb is to do one of two things.

1. We propel Ron Paul into the General Election under the Republican ticket or if he's unsuccessful with that effort but yet willing to run under a third party.

2. We organize a plan to purchase an island for the purpose of bringing like-minded individuals seeking to run a true libertarian government.

Financial Goal: September 5, 2005 at approximately 30 million dollars.

An exploratory committee will be formed to determine what island would be the best to live on if that were the final option for the rEVOLution.

Liberty is the greatest goal of mankind. It is an inalienable right, we as citizens of the world deserve to live as free men and women. An overbearing government which intervenes in the personal lives of ordinary people is a tyrannical government. A centralized government has only several purposes. 1. To provide for the common defense. 2. To provide for the ability for individuals to engage in free trade among one another and 3rd and most importantly it exists to preserve maximum personal liberty for it's citizens.

2005? McFly, get it together it's 2008!

Secondly, I understand wanting a free nation but we cannot abandoned our fellow man. We have to help the sheep, we have a moral obligation and this is our country not the BIG corporations and with 10% , trust me we can take it back.
It is a slow process, but it is long overdue and the time is now.

adpierce
01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
I prefer to re-take America for the Constitution. No nation can hide across water... we're way past that point...

Read the approach... the first priority is to get Ron Paul elected here... if that's out of reach by Sept. 5th.. we opt out. We give it our best shot for the next 9 months... and if we fail to change enough minds then we do what our forefathers did when faced with tyranny. They moved away from the source of tyranny, they began again. When the tyranny followed them home they took up arms. I'm not advocating armed resistance but I am advocating not waiting 40 or 50 years before the nation is sufficiently libertarian to elect a man like Ron Paul. (That's only if we work consistently for that entire time to be able to pull it off).

skinnyskittles1989
01-08-2008, 10:17 PM
2005? McFly, get it together it's 2008!

Secondly, I understand wanting a free nation but we cannot abandoned our fellow man. We have to help the sheep, we have a moral obligation and this is our country not the BIG corporations and with 10% , trust me we can take it back.
It is a slow process, but it is long overdue and the time is now.

see this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=82121

adpierce
01-08-2008, 10:20 PM
see this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=82121

That thread doesn't really belong in New Hampshire stuff... it belongs here. This also is a more focused attempt to bring that idea into fruition. Let's focus on this thread for now if possible.

skinnyskittles1989
01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
That thread doesn't really belong in New Hampshire stuff... it belongs here. This also is a more focused attempt to bring that idea into fruition. Let's focus on this thread for now if possible.

agreed. so is anyone else interested?

adpierce
01-08-2008, 10:28 PM
agreed. so is anyone else interested?

I'm still trying to gauge interest. I know a lot of people would view this as a defeatist attitude... but I don't. I see this as an attempt to keep this movement alive beyond the candidacy of Dr. Ron Paul. I don't think the American electorate will be in any time in the near future ready for another person like Dr. Paul. God forbid, if we are unsuccessful in electing Dr. Paul we must fight for the ability to pursue the inalienable rights of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. (or property for that matter)

govtpigII
01-08-2008, 10:29 PM

I get your point, I appreciate the 9 months your willing to give. I will be here till I DIE. Gun or or constitution in my hand, if it takes 50 years so be it.

You can have your island, dancing butt naked eating cheese sandwiches and bitching about the UN sanctions because you will not join in on World Government. Don't mean to crush your wet dream of living in a perfect world, eating coconuts with weed being your main crop but I am a in this war we have here in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (READ HR 1955) because soon we will not be able to talk this freely and trust me EVERYONE of us are on a list.

But if you want to leave after 9 months and forget, I DO UNDERSTAND....I would like to visit please :D I make a MEAN Grilled Cheese!

adpierce
01-08-2008, 10:30 PM
I get your point, I appreciate the 9 months your willing to give. I will be here till I DIE. Gun or or constitution in my hand, if it takes 50 years so be it.

You can have your island, dancing butt naked eating cheese sandwiches and bitching about the UN sanctions because you will not join in on World Government. Don't mean to crush your wet dream of living in a perfect world, eating coconuts with weed being your main crop but I am a SOLDIER in this war we have here in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (READ HR 1955) because soon we will not be able to talk this freely and trust me EVERYONE of us are on a list.

But if you want to leave after 9 months and forget, I DO UNDERSTAND....I would like to visit please :D

There won't be an island unless we can get everybody behind this! Most probably won't move there... I can't afford that anytime soon. I just want to know that there's somewhere in this world where a man can go to be free. Maybe I'll move there in time though. There's real investment in liberty with this idea.

skinnyskittles1989
01-08-2008, 10:31 PM
yes, this will keep the true American Experiment alive and thriving!

govtpigII
01-08-2008, 10:32 PM
yes, this will keep the true American Experiment alive and thriving!

You need to get a grip on reality.

Abyss
01-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I am completely interested, but read my post in the other island thread, it doesn't work the way you think.

You wont have sovereignity.

adpierce
01-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I am completely interested, but read my post in the other island thread, it doesn't work the way you think.

You wont have sovereignity.

I read it already. You won't have complete sovereignty right away. You'll have to go to a nation with a weak central government. You buy an island from them and you sufficiently arm yourselves... keep to yourselves and "be friends with everybody" and you'll be able to achieve semi-sovereignty. In time if we are established enough and respected enough we may be considered a sovereign nation.

The Idea Man
01-08-2008, 10:44 PM
How many monkey butlers will there be?

skinnyskittles1989
01-08-2008, 10:48 PM

as many as you can afford on the free market

exer51
01-08-2008, 10:48 PM
You know there are actually countries like this already right? Several "micro" countries are essentially libertarian nations. The Isle Of Mann for one. Only a couple percent sales tax. That's it. Their law is based on English Common Law and as far as I know hasn't been bastardized too bad yet. My dad's looked into moving to several of them. Check out escapeartist.com

adpierce
01-08-2008, 10:50 PM

Jokes... I knew they were coming... just like they joked about the stupid blimp. I seriously think that if we as a community get together we could really pull this off. Imagine if we had a refuge from all the crap this government tries to pull. I love America... I do... but I love the ideas behind America more than the land it sits on. That's what this is about.

adpierce
01-08-2008, 10:56 PM
You know there are actually countries like this already right? Several "micro" countries are essentially libertarian nations. The Isle Of Mann for one. Only a couple percent sales tax. That's it. Their law is based on English Common Law and as far as I know hasn't been bastardized too bad yet. My dad's looked into moving to several of them. Check out escapeartist.com

I checked it out and it looks like a beautiful place... but the government is not quite what I had in mind. http://www.iomguide.com It is much more of a principality of Britain than anything... it has official independence but it is clear that it is so interconnected with England that it is not really sovereign.

However I like this idea... keep the lookout for some kind of island like this that already exists... but I doubt that true sovereignty can arise for us unless we ourselves can claim property rights to the island.

RonPaulCentral
01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Want your own country? Here is one for sale.

I must say that this would take one hell of a money bomb.... :rolleyes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16528424/

skinnyskittles1989
01-08-2008, 10:58 PM
I checked it out and it looks like a beautiful place... but the government is not quite what I had in mind. http://www.iomguide.com It is much more of a principality of Britain than anything... it has official independence but it is clear that it is so interconnected with England that it is not really sovereign.

However I like this idea... keep the lookout for some kind of island like this that already exists... but I doubt that true sovereignty can arise for us unless we ourselves can claim property rights to the island.

yeah and we'd probably like to work out the intricacies of the government

adpierce
01-08-2008, 11:01 PM
yeah and we'd probably like to work out the intricacies of the government

I think we ought to deal with that in the case we're not successful over the span of the next 9 months. I just think that we ought to have this as a backup plan.

exer51
01-08-2008, 11:03 PM

Weeell yes they're the UKs bitch... But they have a good amount of autonomy, about as much as Canada or Australia do. Sub 10 percent taxes is not like the UK at all. Way I see it too small countries like that will be the last ones to be hassled with by the UN too. Soo I bet you'd get a good solid couple decades out of a place like that before it turns horrible. IF you got enough people to move there and "take it over", you might even be able to stave off such things longer or help reverse trends blah blah blah.

adpierce
01-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Want your own country? Here is one for sale.

I must say that this would take one hell of a money bomb.... :rolleyes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16528424/

The money bomb if you read the idea on the first page of this thread is intended to propel Dr. Paul in the general election to the White House. If it doesn't seem like he's going on to the general election it would be sweet if we had a backup plan. It would be great to have at least one place in the world where we knew people could go and be free. It'd be an investment in case this nation never adopts the ideas Ron Paul is selling. It would be a shame but at this rate it seems we would need a 40 or 50 year campaign to try to convert this nation into a libertarian minded nation. Oh by the way sealand isn't interested in people like us they rejected the Pirate Bay folks... plus it couldn't house us... it's little more than a buoy.

adpierce
01-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Weeell yes they're the UKs bitch... But they have a good amount of autonomy, about as much as Canada or Australia do. Sub 10 percent taxes is not like the UK at all. Way I see it too small countries like that will be the last ones to be hassled with by the UN too. Soo I bet you'd get a good solid couple decades out of a place like that before it turns horrible. IF you got enough people to move there and "take it over", you might even be able to stave off such things longer or help reverse trends blah blah blah.

We would have to try to gain citizenship in this nation... a process which can take quite a while, whilst if they think we're trying a coup of their governmental system it'll never fly.

exer51
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
We would have to try to gain citizenship in this nation... a process which can take quite a while, whilst if they think we're trying a coup of their governmental system it'll never fly.

As I understand it it's largely a matter of money. In any event the whole trick is that you don't need to pull a coup! Their system is already pretty close to ideal. We just all want to move there cuz it's awesome, AND if we decide to get into politics a bit down the road and HAPPEN to move it even more Libertarian... Well they won't mind :)

adpierce
01-08-2008, 11:22 PM
As I understand it it's largely a matter of money. In any event the whole trick is that you don't need to pull a coup! Their system is already pretty close to ideal. We just all want to move there cuz it's awesome, AND if we decide to get into politics a bit down the road and HAPPEN to move it even more Libertarian... Well they won't mind :)

Hummm I've always thought the British Isles were awesome. This may be a great idea actually. Hummm we would have to get a hold of governmental officials and see if this could fly. Also one major point of buying an island is to keep this movement going in the unfortunate case Dr. Paul doesn't enter the general election for the presidency. How would moving to a place like Man Island mobilize people behind an idea? Buying an island is one thing... that's an investment in liberty... it keeps people involved and interested in how things develop there. Just organizing people to move to Man Island would lack a lot of that enterprising spirit.

exer51
01-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Hummm I've always thought the British Isles were awesome. This may be a great idea actually. Hummm we would have to get a hold of governmental officials and see if this could fly. Also one major point of buying an island is to keep this movement going in the unfortunate case Dr. Paul doesn't enter the general election for the presidency. How would moving to a place like Man Island mobilize people behind an idea? Buying an island is one thing... that's an investment in liberty... it keeps people involved and interested in how things develop there. Just organizing people to move to Man Island would lack a lot of that enterprising spirit.

Well I suspect they wouldn't mind a reasonable number of people moving there. I mean I guess if it was 50K they'd have to think about it. However a few hundred RPers, probably not so much. We could just kick it and be sad America is turning to shit while basking in our 7 or 8 percent tax rate.

As for the spirit... Yea, I dunno. We could make guns a big issue! I think that might be their big downside there, they might be along the lines of the UK in terms of gun laws. We could move there, get settled in, and then start the fight for gun ownership! And if there's any other minor bits those as well. So basically the pitch would be "It's damn good already, but let's make it PERFECT."

adpierce
01-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Well I suspect they wouldn't mind a reasonable number of people moving there. I mean I guess if it was 50K they'd have to think about it. However a few hundred RPers, probably not so much. We could just kick it and be sad America is turning to shit while basking in our 7 or 8 percent tax rate.

As for the spirit... Yea, I dunno. We could make guns a big issue! I think that might be their big downside there, they might be along the lines of the UK in terms of gun laws. We could move there, get settled in, and then start the fight for gun ownership! And if there's any other minor bits those as well. So basically the pitch would be "It's damn good already, but let's make it PERFECT."

Yeah I don't know... I guess there are drawbacks to any plan like this. Certainly it's not perfect but a low population place with low governmental regulations is a step in the right direction. The question is whether it is better to start from scratch or to take something and try to work from the inside to change it. We're trying to change our system from the inside and we're finding that to be really difficult. There's a lot of momentum towards a system that is frankly more and more centralized and we're trying to stand in the way of that. It isn't working well for us right now. Things may change in the next few months I don't know.

Dlynne
01-08-2008, 11:50 PM
I really like this idea, but would hope we can find a deserted island someplace what no one else cares about. Can we put together a website or something for the purpose of exploring this idea?

exer51
01-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah I don't know... I guess there are drawbacks to any plan like this. Certainly it's not perfect but a low population place with low governmental regulations is a step in the right direction. The question is whether it is better to start from scratch or to take something and try to work from the inside to change it. We're trying to change our system from the inside and we're finding that to be really difficult. There's a lot of momentum towards a system that is frankly more and more centralized and we're trying to stand in the way of that. It isn't working well for us right now. Things may change in the next few months I don't know.

Well the problem is you CAN'T start a new country. It's been tried. The UN won't recognize anyone, and other countries come and fuck with you. The Lakota Sioux declaring their independence is the best thing I've ever seen. If that sticks I think we might already have our problem solved. It's IN the US, but if it's not PART of the US... There ya go! Google it if you haven't heard about it already. I'm waiting to see what happens.

adpierce
01-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Well the problem is you CAN'T start a new country. It's been tried. The UN won't recognize anyone, and other countries come and fuck with you. The Lakota Sioux declaring their independence is the best thing I've ever seen. If that sticks I think we might already have our problem solved. It's IN the US, but if it's not PART of the US... There ya go! Google it if you haven't heard about it already. I'm waiting to see what happens.

They won't mess with us if we leave them alone and we have a well armed militia. It's not worth the risk. Plus I'm not even saying complete sovereignty is something we could achieve overnight. It would be sweet to try over time being granted a pseudo-sovereign status by a small government somewhere. I'm sure they'd appreciate our business there. We'd bring trade and money and innovation. All good things. Oh yeah... screw the UN.

exer51
01-09-2008, 12:15 AM
They won't mess with us if we leave them alone and we have a well armed militia. It's not worth the risk. Plus I'm not even saying complete sovereignty is something we could achieve overnight. It would be sweet to try over time being granted a pseudo-sovereign status by a small government somewhere. I'm sure they'd appreciate our business there. We'd bring trade and money and innovation. All good things. Oh yeah... screw the UN.

With enough cash behind it I'm sure some third world country would give you state within a state status. And OBVIOUSLY screw the UN... The problem is they're rather important if you want to be a REAL, PROPER, TRUELY sovereign nation.

adpierce
01-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Good thoughts... I think I'm going to get some rest now though.