PDA

View Full Version : A comparison of 25 issues among the 18 candidates

njandrewg
07-20-2007, 11:33 PM
http://www.2decide.com/table.htm

"Also, please email us at contact@2decide.com if you think we made an error or simply would like us to add another issue to the table."

Saw this on digg

foofighter20x
07-21-2007, 12:17 AM
i just sent the guy TONS of suggestions... took three emails... i'd write up all my ideas, send it, look at the table again and have even more... :o

LibertyOrDie
07-21-2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.2decide.com/table.htm

"Also, please email us at contact@2decide.com if you think we made an error or simply would like us to add another issue to the table."

Saw this on digg

LOL, I love all of those read X's!

berkeleybound
07-21-2007, 12:21 AM
This is nice. What someone needs to do is make a version that has Paul's positions as the positives (so they'll be alot of check marks). Like, "pro-life" instead of "abortion".

LibertyOrDie
07-21-2007, 12:25 AM
This is nice. What someone needs to do is make a version that has Paul's positions as the positives (so they'll be alot of check marks). Like, "pro-life" instead of "abortion".

Ahhh, your one of those, the teachers shouldn't use red ink - it lowers the child's self esteem... LOL, j/k.

I see exactly what you mean, from a marketing stand point the positive look will always make a difference.

I am just one of those rare people, when I see those red X's, I think, "No Government involvement there!", I love it!

foofighter20x
07-21-2007, 02:37 AM
All the suggestions I sent...

Email 1:

it's too busy and hard too read with all 18 candidates on one chart. You might want break it down by party.

Also, you may want to put an initial in from of Thompson--"F.Thompson" or T.Thompson--to clarify which one you mean.

I like the idea of showing the switched position icon as well, but the green check hides too well behind the red X. You might instead get a small sandal/flip-flop icon that is maybe blue in color and have their current position (either green check or red x) super-imposed over that. It'd be much more visually recognizable as such.

I'm willing to help you research positions, too, if you'd like

Email 2:

For candidates that support state power over federal power, maybe you should have a small icon of that candidates home state, or a little state icon?

Like for Ron Paul:

Abortion should be other/state (little Texas flag/icon). His stated position is that Roe v. Wade should be overturned strictly because it is a federal usurpation of state power. While he personally opposes abortion, he believes that the federal government has no rightful power to regulate it. I'll have to dig as to why he supported the partial birth abortion ban... Any, to him it's a state issue and needs to not be in the scope of fed power. This means he is also against spending fed taxdollars on it, whether for or against abortion.

Same-sex marriage/civil unions should also be listed as states. His real belief is that marriage should go all the way back to when it was strictly a contract, and be enforced as such, that government shouldn't be involves since consenting adults can form whatever contracts they desire, or at least should be able to

Email 3:

ideas just keep coming to me...

if you do separate into partys, you may what to have the party icons at the top and a quick link to further down the page for both...

next, i'd flatten your icon key along the bottom of the table and post it again at the top of the table.

finally, you may want to place each candidate's name again in the table at every quarter or thirds interval so you don't have to scroll up and find your candidate again if the mouse slips.

like so:

Cox Obama

x v

x v

v x

Cox Obama

v x

x v

v x

See what I mean?

jorlowitz
07-21-2007, 04:26 AM
Great resource, I think a few things would make it better (even)...

1. Separate the table by party (Dems on the left / Repubs on right)

2. Switch the 'unknown' logo to a question mark (?)

3. Switch the 'other' logo to something less alarming than an exclamation point (!)

Lastly, consider distinguishing between Federal vs. State regulation. For example, Ron Paul is personally against abortion but supports states deciding on the issue and is against federal regulation of it. Could that be reflected in his "check-mark"?? (I understand there is such a thing as icon overload, but maybe it can be done...)

Neat site. I'll add it to the database (The Ron Paul Database) (http://theronpauldatabase.googlepages.com)

LibertyEagle
07-21-2007, 09:16 AM
He badly needs to put the words "Federal Funding" next to Embryonic Stem cells. Dr. Paul isn't against the idea of stem cell research; he is against the federal government funding it.