PDA

View Full Version : We need to pull out of S. Carolina

hummtide
01-08-2008, 08:52 PM
IT WILL NOT BE WON! Endorsement or not of the governor WILL NOT help us to win it! We need to put every resource into Michigan and Nevada, where we actually stand a damn chance. I understand the "NOOO" mentality of letting a state go, but thats what SMART CAMPAIGNS DO! We are still a mess and cannot have ourselves over-extended.

We need to end this focus on Fox News, and no media spotlight garbage and move on to pour all of our efforts into canvassing those 2 states. Hucky or Thompson or McCain will win S. Carolina. The only and I mean the ONLY issue is to do about the economy. To every meetup in Michigan, have 2 or more meetings this week at whatever hours you can and get together with any outside state's meetup groups for immediate supply shipments. If you cant get enough, then about $500 can be spent by each group to make about 14,500 one sided black and white copies of a slim jim cut in half... for 29,000 slim jims.. so there $500 solves the slim jim problem.

lx43
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
I disagree. Pulling out of SC could definately lose us the election.

RevolutionSD
01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
In like November we were polling at 11% in SC!
surely, that number has gone up (or at least not gone down) now?

Scott Wilson
01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Need to run in your face ads like this all over the country.

YOU ARE BEING LIED TO!

No presidential candidate save Ron Paul is seriously addressing the following facts.

Fact The Constitution of the the United States of America is the Supreme Law of the Land. If the Constitution is only paid lip service and is violated as a matter of routine then the U.S.A. is in actual fact no longer a Constitutional Republic but is instead a nation governed by bureaucratic whim.(1)

Fact Perceived occupation is a major recruiting tool for foreign terrorists. (1)

Fact The ever increasing spending of the United States government on both foreign and domestic programs which is funded by ever increasing borrowing is leading the United States into an economic catastrophe. (2)

Fact Inflation is caused by the expansion of the money supply. The United States dollar will continue to decline at an exponential rate unless the constant expansion of the money supply by the Federal Reserve is addressed.

Fact The vast majority of American's care more about making money and entertainment than they do about the future of their nation. Most Americans are stupidly allowing the media to dictate to them what issues are important and which solutions they ought to pay attention to.

The 2008 Presidential Election is not a horse race where you try and pick a winner based on popular opinion. The 2008 Presidential Election is not some popularity contest where you make your choice based on rhetoric alone. Stop being stupid America and start to think for yourselves and pick a candidate based on their principles, their record, and what is best for the United States of America.

Your children depend on you!

(1) "Through Our Enemies Eyes" (2002) by Michael Scheuer, former head analyst at the CIA’s bin Laden unit.

(2) "A Call For Stewardship" (2007) by by David M. Walker, Comptroller General of the United States.
http://www.gao.gov/cghome/d08371cg.pdf

Scott Wilson
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
In like November we were polling at 11% in SC!
surely, that number has gone up (or at least not gone down) now?

A lot of people vote on their perceptions. I canvass a lot and many, many, many people will not vote for Ron because they perceive he cannot win. Thus we must address this issue.

Here are my thoughts on one of the things that needs to be done...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=82394

We need to brutally point out to America that they are being lied to.

georgia_tech_swagger
01-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Ron Paul will finish roughly equivalent to his Iowa showing here. The Evangelicals are strong here ... and we all know where that vote is going. Furthermore, SC has been to a large extent neglected by grassroots. The only newspaper ad that ran here was the USA Today one. There's some billboards in Greenville .... that's about it. There's also yard signs everywhere, and a series of great mailers from HQ ... but we see from NH those only go so far.

New Hampshire was most of the eggs in one basket. SC, NV, MI were all neglected for NH. Many of the grassroots strategies have been proven ineffective.

See this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=82549

Ron Paul Fan
01-08-2008, 09:22 PM
It has gone down. Paul is running a distant 6th in S.C. He'll be lucky to beat Rudy for 5th there. That's the reality of the situation. Ron Paul 2008 is finished, but hopefully the movement lives on past this.

Mortikhi
01-08-2008, 09:40 PM
A lot of people vote on their perceptions. I canvass a lot and many, many, many people will not vote for Ron because they perceive he cannot win. Thus we must address this issue.

Here are my thoughts on one of the things that needs to be done...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=82394

We need to brutally point out to America that they are being lied to.
Just tell them that this is fantasy football.

What kind of weak backboned puke only votes based upon one thing: the perception that the person they vote for can win. Makes me sick.

justinc.1089
01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
I ABSOLUTELY AGREE WE NEED TO LEAVE SOUTH CAROLINA.

We are going no where here. SC has been neglected by the official campaign, and now I am sooooooooooooooo thankful the campaign and Paul must have realized what I failed to realize, which is it is an IMPOSSIBILITY for us to win in SC, or even get a 4th place finish probably.

It is certain Huckabee, Thompson, and Romney will beat us here in SC.

We need to put EVERYTHING we have on Nevada as far as grassroots and anything that would have been used in SC.

LibertyEagle
01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
You're willing to just fold up and quit this easily? FIGHT for your country! FIGHT for your freedom! What would our Founding Fathers think, I wonder.

hummtide
01-08-2008, 09:57 PM
You're willing to just fold up and quit this easily? FIGHT for your country! FIGHT for your freedom! What would our Founding Fathers think, I wonder.

You fight the fight you CAN WIN! AND ITS NOT IN S. CAROLINA!

anewvoice
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
We are going no where here. SC has been neglected by the official campaign, and now I am sooooooooooooooo thankful the campaign and Paul must have realized what I failed to realize, which is it is an IMPOSSIBILITY for us to win in SC, or even get a 4th place finish probably.

Huh, I thought SC was getting ads. We in Michigan have the market cornered on being ignored! (sarcastic, kind of)

hummtide
01-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Dr Paul should avoid S Carolina like Fixed News