PDA

View Full Version : Wake up call.

georgia_tech_swagger
01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
It would appear Paul will finish worse in NH tonight than Iowa.

New Hampshire ... famous for it's "libertarian streak."
New Hampshire ... home of the Free State Project.
New Hampshire ... with a somewhat open primary.
New Hampshire ... with the top rating for donors per capita.

So, consider this your wake up call.

Waving signs over freeways and street corners does not work. Casual voter: "Okay ... I still don't know what he stands for."

Marching and parading around town does not work. Casual voter: "Okay ... I still don't know what he stands for."

Radio, TV, Mailers lightly effect .... but get lost in the tidal wave of similar stuff from Dem and GOP "front runners".

The real and only effective method of getting voters is to get your ass on the ground and go door to door. Period.

Secondly ... it's time to plan on keeping together after this election. Note my sig. But I also think we need to keep RonPaulForums going .... everybody is already here ..... it's a good group of active grassroots people and a valuable asset for our cause.

Ara825
01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
I agree, my misson has just begun. I will use what years I have left to help clear the rats out of DC.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-08-2008, 08:32 PM
It's still possible we can make a come back, though unlikely. If we lose though, we need to prepare for 2012 right away.

Scott Wilson
01-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Need newspaper advertisements like this...

YOU ARE BEING LIED TO!

No presidential candidate save Ron Paul is seriously addressing the following facts.

Fact The Constitution of the the United States of America is the Supreme Law of the Land. If the Constitution is only paid lip service and is violated as a matter of routine then the U.S.A. is in actual fact no longer a Constitutional Republic but is instead a nation governed by bureaucratic whim.(1)

Fact Perceived occupation is a major recruiting tool for foreign terrorists. (1)

Fact The ever increasing spending of the United States government on both foreign and domestic programs which is funded by ever increasing borrowing is leading the United States into an economic catastrophe. (2)

Fact Inflation is caused by the expansion of the money supply. The United States dollar will continue to decline at an exponential rate unless the constant expansion of the money supply by the Federal Reserve is addressed.

Fact The vast majority of American's care more about making money and entertainment than they do about the future of their nation. Most Americans are stupidly allowing the media to dictate to them what issues are important and which solutions they ought to pay attention to.

The 2008 Presidential Election is not a horse race where you try and pick a winner based on popular opinion. The 2008 Presidential Election is not some popularity contest where you make your choice based on rhetoric alone. Stop being stupid America and start to think for yourselves and pick a candidate based on their principles, their record, and what is best for the United States of America.

Your children depend on you!

(1) "Through Our Enemies Eyes" (2002) by Michael Scheuer, former head analyst at the CIA’s bin Laden unit.

(2) "A Call For Stewardship" (2007) by by David M. Walker, Comptroller General of the United States.
http://www.gao.gov/cghome/d08371cg.pdf

After giving this a lot of thought I have come to the realisation that up to the present the message of Ron Paul has not awakened enough American's in order to bring the drastic change needed in this country.

If we are to seriously win this election we must hit the American population with the equivalent of a 4 by 2 upside the head. We can no longer be polite, we must be blunt.

The above wrapped quote is the kind of commercial material that I propose must be run if we are to win victory. We have to blatantly tell the public in newspapers, radio, and even on tv that they are being lied to. We have to them what the lies actually are and then tell them the real issues and document them.

Many people know of Ron Paul as a nice honest guy who has some interesting ideas but then they go on to say that he doesn't have a chance. This is simply not good enough.

Posting Ron Paul signs, sign waving, ads saying Ron is honest, ads stating Ron's policies are simply not getting the result needed. Especially when the mass media is diverting the debate constantly. We have to ignore the mass media and bring the root issues to the front as bluntly as possible.

People need to have it spelled out to them that America must address the issues of Ron Paul at an executive level otherwise America as a free and prosperous nation is finished. Choosing to 'not waste their vote' and thus voting for Mitt or Fred must not be an option. It ought to be either vote for Ron (win or lose) or Lose.

I started to realise this early this morning when I was thinking about people the experiences I have had with many of the "I like him but he has no chance" crowd. These people need to realise that if any of the other candidates is elected the United States is finished.

They need this rammed into them as bluntly as possible.

We can do this via newspaper ads, flyers and commercials. The message has to be blunt. "YOU ARE BEING LIED TO" is a very powerful and attention grabbing phrase and I think we ought to use it.

Could we get a discussion on this happening and come up with key facts in simple language (like the sample above) to get our message across.

We are three weeks out from Super Tuesday and we must blanket the nation with this message.

Ethek
01-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I think Ron should grow his Mt Man beard and unleash the attack ads.

jd603
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
We still can..

It's still possible we can make a come back, though unlikely. If we lose though, we need to prepare for 2012 right away.

georgia_tech_swagger
01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
blimp

Mark
01-09-2008, 03:49 AM
We still can..

Yeah, I would think so since 99% of the Voters haven't voted yet.