PDA

View Full Version : I met Lew Rockwell today

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I met the man and shook his hand .... It was such an experience....

Not Ron Paul news, but I think it's notable mention ....

FSP-Rebel
07-20-2007, 06:28 PM

Yeah, if he was gonna actually vote for Paul instead of saying he has more chance of dying on the way to vote than some other wierd scenario. He talks the talk and his blog even walks the walk, but that's it. Why does he waste his time, except for the fact that he preaches to all of us?

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Man that was wayyy uncool !!!! you're lame

have a ncie day

FSP-Rebel
07-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Man that was wayyy uncool !!!! you're lame

have a ncie day
Callin it how I see it. U didn't know that LR won't vote for Paul?

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 06:34 PM
We all have our choice to vote. It's still better then not voting.

angrydragon
07-20-2007, 06:34 PM
He simply doesn't vote.

MsDoodahs
07-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Lew has a fantastic voice. LOVE hearing him speak.

:)

kylejack
07-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Link?

FSP-Rebel
07-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Lew has a fantastic voice. LOVE hearing him speak.

Yeah, love him and respect him as well. But, he's backwords of the voting issue. Anarcho-capitalist?

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Yall are tripping it was an amazing day .... yall are way out off base on this one

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Callin it how I see it. U didn't know that LR won't vote for Paul?

link?

MsDoodahs
07-20-2007, 06:44 PM
My husband and I are anarchists. Neither of us has voted in over a decade.

I will probably register and vote in the primary for Dr. Paul. I admit that this is a very difficult decision for me.

My husband has no intention of registering to vote.

I respect my husband's decision; I respect Lew's as well.

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow. This is a whole new thing to me. I have missed some votes too over the years when it was just tweedle-dee vs. tweedle-dum, but now when we have a REAL choice, I don't get it. I'm not criticizing at all, I just don't understand. Could someone explain to me what the rationale is here?

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 06:48 PM
We all have our choice to vote. It's still better then not voting.

WHAT? :confused:

Kuldebar
07-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, if he was gonna actually vote for Paul instead of saying he has more chance of dying on the way to vote than some other wierd scenario.

Ya, except Lew Rockwell doesn't say those things, so get a clue, maybe?

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Yall are tripping it was an amazing day .... yall are way out off base on this one

Off=base on WHAT? All you said is that you met with Lew. What is with you today? You start another thread, leading people on that there is some kind of huge news coming from the RP Campaign and you are in on it, but no you won't tell us. Then, you start this thread.

I haven't ever seen you act like this before. What's up?

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't know *any* announcements with the Ron Paul campaign. I don't believe I'm 'in' on anything...

peace

angrydragon
07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Johnsson: Would you vote for a libertarian in any election?

Rockwell: I don’t vote. Why play along? Your vote doesn’t count, unless the election is decided by one vote, and you have far more chance of being killed on the way to the polls than that happening. Besides, the vote is the sign and symbol of the democratic state. I abstain.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/liberal-post-interview.html

http://mises.org/multimedia/mp3/LewRockwell-07-19-2007.mp3

Lew and Ron Paul agree that there needs to be a change in the mentality of the public. Stop the belief that government can solve everything or take care of everything.

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't know *any* announcements with the Ron Paul campaign. I don't believe I'm 'in' on anything...

peace

Then what gives with your "drip, drip, drip" thread?

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-20-2007, 06:57 PM
He simply doesn't vote.

Now THAT is stupid. The county clerks aren't sitting around the day after the election saying, "Wow, look at all the conscientious objectors who didn't vote." They say, "So many apathetic people out there don't vote."

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
You guys should check out the books they have, that's an honest and real point of discussion.

BLS
07-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Dude, are you like 12?

dude?

AlexAmore
07-20-2007, 07:03 PM
I met an anarchist who won't vote, but knows about Ron Paul.

I think you're all selfish. Yup, I said it. Yeah I know all about your "personal" feelings and i'm playing the violin for you as I write this. While i'm out there fighting for the future of America, you can tend to your feelings. If I fail and a globalist CFR wins....well, have fun in a FEMA detention camp and tell the children why they are getting vaccinated and injected with an RFID chip.

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Lew and Ron Paul agree that there needs to be a change in the mentality of the public. Stop the belief that government can solve everything or take care of everything.

Yes, but at least Ron gets in there and tries to affect a change. If Lew plans on not voting, I am more than disappointed! Yes, people need to change their ideas about government, but that's not going to happen by sheer osmosis.

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 07:18 PM
How many people has Lew educated

jblosser
07-20-2007, 07:23 PM
There is a position that says that things are bad enough that even if we can occassionally push back the night a bit we only delay the inevitable, and it would be better if we just let it all fall down so whatever rises from the ashes can try again to get it right.

Not everyone who won't vote is this way, but assuming people that won't vote are lazy or don't care what happens is as naive as assuming people that don't want a welfare state hate the poor. There are multiple theories about the best way to "fix" things.

MsDoodahs
07-20-2007, 07:26 PM
LibertyEagle, check your PMs.

kylejack
07-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I met an anarchist who won't vote, but knows about Ron Paul.

I think you're all selfish. Yup, I said it. Yeah I know all about your "personal" feelings and i'm playing the violin for you as I write this. While i'm out there fighting for the future of America, you can tend to your feelings. If I fail and a globalist CFR wins....well, have fun in a FEMA detention camp and tell the children why they are getting vaccinated and injected with an RFID chip.

Maybe you should read The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand so you can realize that calling someone selfish is not much of an insult.

ThePieSwindler
07-20-2007, 07:48 PM
My husband and I are anarchists. Neither of us has voted in over a decade.

I will probably register and vote in the primary for Dr. Paul. I admit that this is a very difficult decision for me.

My husband has no intention of registering to vote.

I respect my husband's decision; I respect Lew's as well.

Then you certainly will be guarunteeing moving away from anarchy. Not voting for paul is essentially accepting big government and bending over to it. Tell your husband to enjoy thinking his anarchist thoughts while the government proceeds to take half his money by force, and perhaps go even further and take away much, much more. A vote for Ron Paul means a vote for smaller government. Not voting at all does jack shit and hurts your cause. I'm beginning to think anarchist myself, but i realize that we first need to do a U-turn and move the other way. Right now we are on the fasttrack to very large, pervasive, oppressive government. Anyone sitting on their ass doing nothing about it gets what they deserve. Being an anarchist is all about compromise to try and move toward as little government as possible. Lets make the U turn first. Urge him to vote for Ron Paul.

ThePieSwindler
07-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Maybe you should read The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand so you can realize that calling someone selfish is not much of an insult.

Hah actually its not them being selfish, since being selfish means acting in ones own best interest in a manner that may or may not be detrimental to others. It is not in the best interest of the anarchist to not vote and let the big government candidates win. Then we will move even further in the other direction.

AlexAmore
07-20-2007, 08:01 PM

Ayn Rand could have used a better word. Ayn chose "selfish" for the provocative sound it has and that sells.

Ayn understands that many people use "selfish" to describe regard for one's own welfare to the disregard of the well-being of others. Obviously Ayn is against that. Obviously anarchists are disregarding the well-being of others by not voting for someone who could save America. If you read my post with context then you understand what i'm talking about.

MsDoodahs
07-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Being an anarchist is all about compromise to try and move toward as little government as possible.

No, that's what being a MIN-archist is all about.

MsDoodahs
07-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Obviously anarchists are disregarding the well-being of others by not voting for someone who could save America.

I do not believe America can be saved.

Even by Dr. Paul. :eek:

(That does not mean I won't continue to work to try and get him elected.)

edited for typo.

AlexAmore
07-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I do not believe America can be saved.

Even by Dr. Paul. :eek:

(That does not mean I won't continue to work to try and get him elected.)

edited for typo.

Trying is all i'm asking for.

Spatch67
07-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I see a possibility for real change, so I will vote.

All of this anarchist and minarchist talk is why the libertarian party can't gain any footing and become a party of real ideas. That is why I haven't found myself able to register as one.

It's so black and white with them. Anarchy? Great idea...but guess what? Ain't gonna happen! Start living in the real world and always choose as much liberty as possible and quit fantasizing about this silly notion.

jblosser
07-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Hah actually its not them being selfish, since being selfish means acting in ones own best interest in a manner that may or may not be detrimental to others. It is not in the best interest of the anarchist to not vote and let the big government candidates win. Then we will move even further in the other direction.

All empires eventually crumble under their own weight. If you vote to keep the back and forth going on, you help maintain things away from collapse. If you want the collapse, you either stay out or actively work for the collapse.

I don't think this country can be saved long-term either, and if I wasn't thinking selfishly about my kids I don't know if I'd be willing to keep trying to prop it up either.

andrewgreve
07-20-2007, 09:59 PM

Awesome man! Can you tell us the story?

Brandybuck
07-20-2007, 10:05 PM
U didn't know that LR won't vote for Paul?
Lew Rockwell is an anarcho-capitalist, and isn't going to vote for any body because he doesn't believe in voting. Nothing scandalous in the least.

Roxi
07-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, love him and respect him as well. But, he's backwords of the voting issue. Anarcho-capitalist?

have something against anarcho-capitalists? I am and i have never voted before, and its not that i dont believe in voting, part of me has never believed the peoples vote made any difference, and the other part was so disgusted by what the choices were i didnt want part in it.. looking back i would have voted for harry browne if i would have known better..... if we can't have no government we should have ron paul ;)

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 10:11 PM
In this particular election, I hope anarcho-capitalists see their way clear to vote for Dr. Paul. But, it is their decision if they choose not to.

As far as Lew is concerned, he has not made up his mind whether he is going to vote this time around. How do I know that? I emailed him and asked him. He however said that he is backing Dr. Paul in other more important ways.

MsDoodahs
07-20-2007, 10:13 PM
have something against anarcho-capitalists?

We are a strange bunch. :D