PDA

View Full Version : Attacks on RP are starting to appear

SeanEdwards
05-21-2007, 06:28 PM
As I browse the internet content today, I'm noticing a lot more attack pieces on Ron Paul. It looks like some forces are trying to organize and get an anti-RP message out.

Some of the pieces I've seen have been clear smear jobs. The John Gibson/Michele Malkin piece was particularily libelous, but their 9/11 truth smear appears to be getting picked up by other people and repeated. We all know how this game works; just keep repeating the lie, until it becomes truth.

I'm not going to presume to speak for Dr. Paul, but I might suggest that he consider ways to defuse that particular line of attack.

I understand that RP probably does get a fair amount of support from people who suspect that 9/11 was a false flag operation, but everyone should understand that that view is very fringe, and would not help Dr. Paul's chances of a nomination at all.

I've seen some other more general attack articles and blogs appear. The accusations of racism are popping up here and there. The desperation of these people is really hilarious. Five minutes of watching Dr. Paul speak is all anyone should need to recognize that Dr. Paul is not a racist. The man is like the grandfather everyone wished they had. He's a freakin Gandalf. But anyway, I digress.

I'm wondering if there's anything Ron Paul's supporters could do online to discredit or rebut this negative content. Is anyone thinking about a coordinating strategy? Maybe a consolidated list of negative content that we could target for organized scorn and mockery? :D

I think it's exciting to start seeing the "beast" slowly rouse itself and attempt to swat down the RP movement. It means they are beginning to fear.

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Most of these people are dumbass bloggers. One of them got so angry at my polite message he googled me up to find my myspace. LOL.

tnvoter
05-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Most of these people are dumbass bloggers. One of them got so angry at my polite message he googled me up to find my myspace. LOL.

hahaha

Bryan
05-21-2007, 07:05 PM
A constructive way to deal with this is to make a post in our new "Ron Paul Media Matters" sub-forum:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

We're starting to collect and analyze these in a fair and non-biased manner. I encourage everyone to consider contributing to this effort which can help illustrate to others the depth of the bias the Dr. Paul is receiving.

Please read the forum rules before posting however. There are a few topics in there now to check out.

Thanks.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-21-2007, 07:27 PM
You know you've arrived when they resort to the racism charge. Unfortunately, this could do serious damage. Ron Paul is perceived by SOME as ultra-conservative -- he calls himself the most conservative member of congress -- so some people may find it credible for him to brush up against racism.

One article I read today cited him as an antisemite because he was concerned about the strenght of the pro-Israel lobby. My lord!

Bryan's idea of getting this into the Media Matters forum so that we can all go out with a cohesive message is a good one. We need to nip this in the bud, but must do it intelligently.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Here's a 2002 article BY Ron Paul about racism. Not a direct rebuttal, but it tells you where he stands on the matter. Would be good to post it around in a few well chosen places.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul68.html

fluoridatedbrainsoup
05-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Watched a Ron Paul Money vid on YouTube.
Just turned six ones and a ten into something more useful.

Top-left of all bills: "RON PAUL 2008"
Bottom-right: (Assorted) "FIGHT TYRANNY" ; "ABOLISH THE FED" ; "ON ADVICE OF THE FOUNDERS" ; "FREEDOM TO FASCISM" ; "OUT OF IRAQ" ; "LIBERTY BUCK" ; "SAVE THE CONSTITUTION"

Let's start circulating the message in the Real World - whomever is with me, and I believe there are many, merely grab a pen or pencil, and open your wallets.

Now I'm off to buy dinner..