PDA

View Full Version : Who agrees that RP's website needs a facelift?

TheConstitutionLives
05-21-2007, 06:25 PM
It's kind of boring. RP was voted #1 Internet friendly Congressman so I know there are some techies out there that could build him an awesome website.

Here's an idea of a site that looks good. It's got alot of color, etc.....

http://iotconline.com/

cujothekitten
05-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Yes it does need a facelift. Personally I think Obamas website is one of the better ones out there. You can make your own profile and set up groups. It's like an Obama myspace site. That's also how he gets millions of hits a day, people are checking in on their bulletins and messages every day.

Therion
05-21-2007, 06:48 PM
IIRC it's going to get an overhaul soon.

Melchior
05-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't mind a forum.

Personally I find it sad how Obama has such a strong following, there is absolutely nothing impressive or unique about the guy.

Korey Kaczynski
05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
I wouldn't mind a forum.

Personally I find it sad how Obama has such a strong following, there is absolutely nothing impressive or unique about the guy.

HE'S BLACK. :D

tnvoter
05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
Yes it does need a facelift. Personally I think Obamas website is one of the better ones out there. You can make your own profile and set up groups. It's like an Obama myspace site. That's also how he gets millions of hits a day, people are checking in on their bulletins and messages every day.

I personally liked the simple yet effective approach of ronpaul08.com --- but --- you make some really good points.

michaeldk
05-21-2007, 07:00 PM
IIRC it's going to get an overhaul soon.

yes, that's what I read on DailyPaul some weeks ago, but not much has happened ever since. I mean, I know Dr. Paul is busy, but he doesn't have to build that website himself, does he :-) ? Any professional web designer can make him a better website in a couple of days, and I'm sure that there are a lot of people (including myself) who are willing to donate our time and effort...

A lot of the extra traffic to his website after the debate is probably lost because people found a very static, small website; no reason to come back.

Melchior
05-21-2007, 07:02 PM

Vote Obama in 2008! Or you're a racist! :D

Actually what I hear is that he's a good speaker and reminds people of Lincoln or Jesus... yeah... he was a joke in the first Democrat debate.

By the way, did I miss the second Democrat debate? Or did they just have one Dem debate and then two GOP debates in a row?

cujothekitten
05-21-2007, 07:06 PM
yes, that's what I read on DailyPaul some weeks ago, but not much has happened ever since. I mean, I know Dr. Paul is busy, but he doesn't have to build that website himself, does he :-) ? Any professional web designer can make him a better website in a couple of days, and I'm sure that there are a lot of people (including myself) who are willing to donate our time and effort...

A lot of the extra traffic to his website after the debate is probably lost because people found a very static, small website; no reason to come back.

You should write him a message. He might just take you up on that offer.

kylejack
05-21-2007, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't mind a forum.

Actually, he's an excellent public speaker, extremely charismatic, and has a history of concern for his community. He will be a formidable force in this election.

ratsbew
05-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Actually what I hear is that he's a good speaker and reminds people of Lincoln or Jesus...

...The Beast?

Exponent
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
By the way, did I miss the second Democrat debate? Or did they just have one Dem debate and then two GOP debates in a row?
Nope, you didn't miss anything. Next Democratic debate is June 3rd, and then the Republican one is June 5th.

Wikipedia: Democratic Presidential Debates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Presidential_Debates%2C_2008)
Wikipedia: Republican Presidential Debates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Presidential_Debates%2C_2008)

literatim
05-21-2007, 07:50 PM

That is pretty much what he is running on.

Matter of fact, I think "Vote for me, I'm black." is going to be his slogan.

winston84
05-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I like the simplicity of the RP site, although it could be designed and layed out better.

angelatc
05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't mind a forum.

It's charisma. It's something you can't buy, but when Barak O walks into the room the air just changes.

Clinton had it too, and look how that worked out. History seems to be treating him kindly, but when he left office I know I was pretty happy to be done with that whole administration. As I will be glad to be done with this one, too.

Harald
05-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Moreover, the "Issues" page is way too high level and feels like regular political propaganda. I noticed on some forums people commenting that they went to RonPaul2008 issues pages and came back unsatisfied about what they've read. I think it needs at least a link to RonPaulOnPaper for every issue block.

With RonPaulOnPaper linked-in, those who wish to explore more, can quickly access hundres of speeches and articles that clarify RP positions

TruePatriot44
05-21-2007, 10:47 PM
I like his page, just wish it had more of the daily updates. Its nice how they have all the buttons on the front to digg, youtube, myspace...ect.

Seth M.
05-21-2007, 11:08 PM
If anything it needs to be updated daily.. a daily argument, point, Pauls own this day in history, etc... his exact words..

Ron Paul has something that the others dont, minus Tancredo imo.. Dr. Pauls voice has character and a real emotional attraction. He sounds like he is telling the truth.. not forcefully though.. almost like "its always been this way you didnt know" I really think a daily "blog" type voice thing with text would be listened to over and over..

Ring tones? lol :) Ron Paul songs raps ect.. sounds fun huh

Razmear
05-21-2007, 11:45 PM
I think the website is fine, its simple to navigate and not cluttered with a bunch of useless stuff that distracts from the point of the campaign.

I would like to see ronpaul2008.org hit the site directly with out that 12 second redirect page tho.

eb

billv
05-21-2007, 11:59 PM

Actually what I hear is that he's a good speaker and reminds people of Lincoln or Jesus... yeah... he was a joke in the first Democrat debate.

Actually, I thought I read Lincoln wasn't that great of a speaker, same with say George Washington. But in times where media wasn't audio/video oriented, that wasn't as much a problem.

megiddo
05-22-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm re-implementing the current site. I'll post it later today, and maybe they'll pick it up.

Bryan
05-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Be sure to see what is going on over here:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Digg_Project_Ron_Paul_needs_a_better_website

LibertyEagle
05-28-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree that there should be a link to his speeches and articles for people who want more information.

LibertyEagle
05-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I just took a look at Obama's website and it blows Ron Paul's away. I especially liked the layout and substance of the menus along the top. Links to his speeches, etc. Also, take a look at the Barrack TV selection. It's a much better way to highlight the good interviews we want people to see who are evaluating Dr. Paul. The way it is now, one has to do quite a bit of searching to find the really good ones. There's a ton of information on this site, yet it still looks clean.

All I can say is I find myself listing more than just Dr. Paul's campaign website when I provide them links. In my opinion, most everything of importance should be easily accessible from this one place. Only we diehards are going to take the time to hunt down the rest.

Searchronpaul
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
What Ron Paul has in great supply -- character, experience and loyalty to America, Obama tries to compensate for ...with a spiffy website, some glitter and contributions from where his other loyalties rest, AIPAC (http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2007/03/obamas_aipac_speech_text_as_pr.html), the Israeli lobby et al.

Like most politicians, Obama holds his finger in the air to test and follow in the direction of today's windy breeze, the political payoff. Currently, it's the deep pockets of the Israeli lobby that guides with an iron fist both domestic and foreign US policy.

Since Obama is so bold to show his staunch allegiance to Israeli interests and not Americans, I wonder why he didn't see fit to post this photo of fellow sellout and traitor, Karl Rove on his Flickr photos?

http://www.masslive.com/images/weblogs/election/rove_obama.jpg

...or why didn't he add photos of the handiwork and trademark of his friends in Israel as they murder and maim small children daily?

http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/bushbeat/archive/images/result-of-us-10-04-air-stri.jpg

# # #

michaeldk
05-30-2007, 01:28 AM
What Ron Paul has in great supply -- character, experience and loyalty to America, Obama tries to compensate for ...with a spiffy website

# # #

I agree with you on that :) but I still think Dr. Paul needs a better website…

CurtisLow
05-30-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah, since his campaign is 80% web based he needs the best web page of all time.

Flash, Videos, Music... PSD, FLA, HTML, CSS

examples

http://www.templatehelp.com/preset/pr_preview.php?i=12689&pr_code=ck1s8w2u54aeaY9y62IWQ99K6M5Kvp

http://www.templatehelp.com/preset/pr_preview.php?i=13318&pr_code=ck1s8w2u54aeaY9y62IWQ99K6M5Kvp

http://www.perfectory.com/templates/politics.htm

Todd McGreevy
12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
www.ronpaulringtones.org (http://www.ronpaulringtones.org)
I set this site up two days ago. Would love to see more ring tones created from actual statements from Dr. Paul. Could be really good viral marketing, especially with the more tech savvy younger voters... hearing Dr. Paul's voice state "never take a country to war without the permission of Congress" three times in a row while in line waiting for your latte could be a good conversation starter. Certainly more interesting than discussing Romney's lawn boy or Ghouliani's mistress security.
You can email your own ringtones for the site to mytone@ronpaulringtones.org
Thanks,
Todd

faisal
12-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I actually like Ron Paul's site the best. Although the site you recommended was colorful, it seemed less professional with the GIF of the flying flag. RP's site is both easy to use and keeps the tone a presidential campaign needs.