PDA

View Full Version : Can't be good: Mitt Romney Wants To Protect Child Molesters

Bradley in DC
07-20-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.knoxviews.com/node/5128

Mitt Romney Wants To Protect Child Molesters
Submitted by Stormare Mackee on Fri, 2007/07/20 - 9:36am.
GOP presidential candidate Governor Mitt Romney is attacking Democratic Senator Barack Obama over Obama's support for age-appropriate sex education in kindergarten. Romney is courting conservative sheeple with statements like "How much sex education is age appropriate for a 5-year-old? In my view, zero is the right amount."
Romney's stance totally ignores the fact that one in six sexual assault victims are children under 12. As a foster parent, I've encountered several cases where a young child has been sexually abused, but has not reported the abuse because he or she didn't know that sexual contacts between adults and children are wrong.
Romney would rather plunge his abstinence promoting head into his abstinence promoting rear end and pretend that child rape and incest does not exist. Sex education is not about teaching kids how to have sex, it is teaching kids what kind of sex and when is acceptable. Mitt Romney would let a child molester get away because the kindergartener does not have the words to describe the abuse

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow...that was harsh.........................

:D

angelatc
07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I just think I hate all three of those people.

Bradley in DC
I just report 'em, you decide.

On a side note, I ran into a neighbor (Democrat, of course in my 'hood) fellow dog owner who made a joke about Romney stapping his dog to the roof of his car today!

BuddyRey
I'm far from what most people would consider a cultural conservative, but the public school system, in my opinion, has absolutely NO BUSINESS teaching five-year-olds ANYTHING about sex, or even 12-year-olds for that matter. Schools should teach reading, writing, and arithmetic, and leave that other stuff to families.

That said, it probably is alright for schools to warn youngsters about "strangers" and how to be cautious, but if American parents were doing their duties, that's about as deep as the schools would need to delve into it. This is just my opinion of course, but the schools having anything to do with teaching kids about sex scares the Hell out of me!

glts
07-20-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm far from what most people would consider a cultural conservative, but the public school system, in my opinion, has absolutely NO BUSINESS teaching five-year-olds ANYTHING about sex, or even 12-year-olds for that matter. Schools should teach reading, writing, and arithmetic, and leave that other stuff to families.

That said, it probably is alright for schools to warn youngsters about "strangers" and how to be cautious, but if American parents were doing their duties, that's about as deep as the schools would need to delve into it. This is just my opinion of course, but the schools having anything to do with teaching kids about sex scares the Hell out of me!

You are exactly right BuddyRey! Actually this is one thing that I think Romney got right! Always BEWARE when the government pretends that they are doing something good for you. They intend for the exact opposite to happen.