PDA

View Full Version : California will be the key.

alexa doherty
01-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Everyone will need to refer back to this thread and wait for Feb 5th because California will be the key to Paul taking this thing. I firmly believe we have the most attitude and agressive patriotic spirit out here. More than any other state. That is why a lot of states hate us and fear us. So many people say California is screwed because of it's illegal immigration and this is true but having such a harsh enviroment creates an enviroment for revolution.

I can promise you that Obama, mccain, thompson and huckabee will be laughed out of this state. We're big time sinners out here to the religious crowd. And were very much aggro when it comes to illegals. The illegal group will be voting for hillary. They don't care for african americans out here too much(i'm not talking crap, it's a fact).

Just remember that NH is only the 2nd state. The MSM is really pushing things and saying that if so and so doesn't win NH then they are really in trouble. Well the media is doing this because they don't want certain people to get to the 5th. Things will get very interesting on the 5th. This is political war.

defcreative
01-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Yep, over here in Cali the heat is about to be cranked wayy up.

Benaiah
01-08-2008, 05:32 PM
//

Cali4RonPaul
01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I dont know guys, we like a winner, im afraid the GOP here will just jump on to the bandwagon of whoever is leading..

dreicher
01-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I think you'll also see something special in FL and NV - where RP can really crank up his Fed Reserve stuff.

shagywashere
01-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I live in Cali, the revolution is really starting in the west. California, Nevada, Washington, Alaska (not west coast, I know, but west still) and Oregon will be huge for Paul. I live in Cali

Bryan Duckworth
01-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Cali is going to rock the house. RON PAUL is all over the place in LA.

Austin
Hopefully Dr. Paul's stance on medical marijuana will help us in California.

nosebruise
i know several of my friends are voting RP.

LETS DO THIS, CALIFORNIA.

josh24601
01-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Ahhhhh don't stress me like that. I'm winnin' 'em over.....

curtisag
01-08-2008, 05:36 PM
The only problem with California is the state GOP decided to ban independents from the primary this year. This is the first year independents will not be allowed to vote. There goes about half our potential vote.

josh24601
01-08-2008, 05:37 PM
The only problem with California is the state GOP decided to ban independents from the primary this year. This is the first year independents will not be allowed to vote. There goes about half our potential vote.

They still have until the 22nd to switch.

That means get your asses in gear!

B9vot3r
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
CA GOP has taken care that no 'rogue bases' in the independent voter base will be voting in the CA primaries, which puts Giuliani and Thompson up on a pedestal. I think it really hurts our numbers our here in CA.

Though one could also look to that as advantageous as we wont have as many unknowns ignorantly voting for the likes of McCain (eyes up NH).

newbitech
01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
I think you'll also see something special in FL and NV - where RP can really crank up his Fed Reserve stuff.

FL is going to keep the momentum going!

nosebruise
yup, i registered R just for this, and i know at least 3 other friends who did as well from casual conversation.

The New Revere
California looks great. I see his presence all over LA. I hate to say it, but Obama could be huge.

romeo2
01-08-2008, 05:41 PM
san diego checking in. was wearing my ron paul shirt all day and was driving around with my bumper sticker.

Arek
California is also our best state to pick up stray delegates. Most Republicans don't go out into precincts that are usually heavily democratic thus the Republicans in these precincts are usually neglected due to a fair voting law in California all precincts/districts get an equal number of delegates. So RP could pick up the straggling delegate's neglected by the GOP"FRONT-RUNNERS"

I remember someone commenting about this on the message boards awhile back.

ronpaulwinna
Yes, we need to get these college students quick. I mean these kids are super liberal and they are thinking about Obama, hell people already thinking about him before November. The mayors and the state legislature is like packing for Clinton.

In addition to that, most college students are either returning this week or a few weeks from now. We need to heavily hit these campuses and put the doomsday scenario on them about the 100 years war, nothing will change. They wont be paying attention politics till like 2 weeks from Feburary 5th.

Get these meet up groups to actively campaign, and dont be scared of going to the black neighborhoods like in Oakland and LA because if you talk to them about the war on drugs then they will be coming to the polls so quick. Tell them were was Obama when the Jena 6 happened, because he was nowhere. Tell them about how a gallon of milk is 5.50 and its more expensive than a gallon of gas. Also give them the Vietnam War scenario where they take the black and brown and poor first for wars like this one.

alexa doherty
Thompson won't even have a campaign by the 5th and giuliani is seen as a snake with a lisp.
I think a lot of people have a lisping fake italian from new york. We'd prefer someone from the jerky boys. lol

Seriously, California has a lot of delegates to be had, especially in the democrat areas.

We're a state that shut cruz bustimonte down.

We voted for the medical marijuana bill, I think?

We passed 187 and the anti-ilelgals billls despite the 9th circuit stopping them.

Voluntaryist

Hell yea! I was at the Santa Monica tea party and it was OFF THE HOOK! California has lots of Paul support. From LA to SF to SD, if they aint doing Obama then they are doing Paul.

Cali should give Paul a big boost to get the GOP nomination. We will certainly be getting out the vote over here.

RonRules
I'm here and I'm helping !

AAjax
01-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Seriously, Ron Paul owns LA. Huge buzz and even huger support.

alexa doherty
01-08-2008, 05:43 PM
California looks great. I see his presence all over LA. I hate to say it, but Obama could be huge.

He won't stand a chance because of his stance on illegals.

Voluntaryist

Illegals dont vote, btw.

dawnbt
We need a Sticky California post!! I'm getting pumped!!

josh24601
san diego checking in. was wearing my ron paul shirt all day and was driving around with my bumper sticker.

My bumper sticker is shining, my shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/ron+paul+is+my+homeboy/-/pv_design_prod/p_2628030.163996455/pNo_163996455/id_21779515/fpt_/opt_/c_666/pg_1) arrives tomorrow and my stupid slim jims are taking forever :(

Who else thinks we need a California forum?

People have until the 22nd to register Republican, you gotta convert them ASAP.

alexa doherty
01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
L.A. area is a huge part of it but so is Northern California and it has a lot of angry males. San jose, Sacramento area. Bakersfield, etc.

josh24601
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM

You must not live in CA, because giving illegals rights isn't popular with the voters here. Otherwise you'd remember when we kicked Grey Davis' ass out of office and put the freakin' Terminator in because Davis wanted to give illegals drivers licenses.

dannno
I got my California precinct of 656 registered Republicans covered, make sure and get YOUR California precinct covered and volunteer as a precinct captain with the official campaign!!

alexa doherty
Illegals dont vote, btw.

I know that silly but there friends do.

Voluntaryist
01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Cali has Ron Paul locked in, DESPITE the illegals issue. Look what I saw on the freeway just the other day on my way to 3rd street to hand out Ron Paul stuff. You dont see this crap on cars for Huckaduck or Ghouliani or Strongbot-Romney:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/blueshuttle/ronpaulstang_IMG_2197.jpg

shagywashere
01-08-2008, 05:47 PM
You must not live in CA, because giving illegals rights isn't popular with the voters here. Otherwise you'd remember when we kicked Grey Davis' ass out of office and put the freakin' Terminator in because Davis wanted to give illegals drivers licenses.

HELL YEA! GO TERMINATOR!

propanes
01-08-2008, 05:47 PM
These Registering in California threads may help people.....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66890

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=61466

I did the online form. It arrived in a week. I returned it yesterday.

Aldanga
01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Cali has Ron Paul locked in, DESPITE the illegals issue. Look what I saw on the freeway just the other day on my way to 3rd street to hand out Ron Paul stuff. You dont see this crap on cars for Huckaduck or Ghouliani or Strongbot-Romney:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/blueshuttle/ronpaulstang_IMG_2197.jpg

That's wicked. I wish I still had my magnets.

Somebody stole them. :(

Voluntaryist
01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Oh and one more thing, I live in Los Angeles, I know lots of LEGAL immigrants, and yo hablo espanol tambien.

And the legal immigrants around here kindof resent the line-cutters. Dont expect them to ALL have amnesty sympathy. Especially the self-made, successful legal immigrants. They are kinda against giving away free shit and cutting in line.

dawnbt
01-08-2008, 05:49 PM
My bumper sticker is shining, my shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/ron+paul+is+my+homeboy/-/pv_design_prod/p_2628030.163996455/pNo_163996455/id_21779515/fpt_/opt_/c_666/pg_1) arrives tomorrow and my stupid slim jims are taking forever :(

Who else thinks we need a California forum?

People have until the 22nd to register Republican, you gotta convert them ASAP.

+1000!

We have to stop sticky-ing these posts a 2 weeks before! California is huge and needs to be made a priority!

alexa doherty
01-08-2008, 05:49 PM

You misunderstood or didn't read my post. I said that Obama would not stand a chance with most californians and he wouldn't do well with mexican americans either because they tend to be very tribal out here, which is perfectly cool imo.

Obama is a wimp speaks like a sissy imo. He won't go over well out here. People out here want terminator types but we aren't stupid enough to vote for war mongers like other states might.

josh24601
01-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Start the CA forum bump.

Molly1
01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh man, I love that car.

Sticker's nice, too. :D

alexa doherty
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I got my California precinct of 656 registered Republicans covered, make sure and get YOUR California precinct covered and volunteer as a precinct captain with the official campaign!!

We have over 100 in mine and i'm in a small town. We're the largest group in our town.

ProBlue33
01-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Well cali will never go for Huckabee or Mitt who's left,
McCain & Rudy, any support for those guys?

adpierce
01-08-2008, 05:54 PM
They still have until the 22nd to switch.

That means get your asses in gear!

QFT... Cali's delegates makes my mouth water.... so sweet.... so sweet.

NoxTwilight
01-08-2008, 05:55 PM
We are working very hard in the SF Bay Area and down south especially. We are planning to get all the Bay Area meetup groups to run ads in all the local papers and MAY need help financing some of it - more information later on that. We will all try to cover the expenses ourselves but not all of our groups are large so may need help. Gosh time is soooo short! Wish I could take a leave of absence from my job so I could do the full time ..... oh well :)

The New Revere
You misunderstood or didn't read my post. I said that Obama would not stand a chance with most californians and he wouldn't do well with mexican americans either because they tend to be very tribal out here, which is perfectly cool imo.

Obama is a wimp speaks like a sissy imo. He won't go over well out here. People out here want terminator types but we aren't stupid enough to vote for war mongers like other states might.

I disagree on Obama. California, especially southern, tends to REALLY like the shiny "rock star" candidates. Clinton is a freaking legend here. He's talked about like christ.

SoCal loves it's glamour. Plus the whole PC factor and "inclusion" is a popular idea.

grizzums
Everyone will need to refer back to this thread and wait for Feb 5th because California will be the key to Paul taking this thing. I firmly believe we have the most attitude and agressive patriotic spirit out here. More than any other state. That is why a lot of states hate us and fear us. So many people say California is screwed because of it's illegal immigration and this is true but having such a harsh enviroment creates an enviroment for revolution.

I can promise you that Obama, mccain, thompson and huckabee will be laughed out of this state. We're big time sinners out here to the religious crowd. And were very much aggro when it comes to illegals. The illegal group will be voting for hillary. They don't care for african americans out here too much(i'm not talking crap, it's a fact).

Just remember that NH is only the 2nd state. The MSM is really pushing things and saying that if so and so doesn't win NH then they are really in trouble. Well the media is doing this because they don't want certain people to get to the 5th. Things will get very interesting on the 5th. This is political war.

You can take that sentiment and run it right on up the west coast.....Seattle is Ron Paul country...from a conservative standpoint.

Voluntaryist
Oh man, I love that car.

Sticker's nice, too. :D

Hell yea. That mystichrome paintjob is tits! I paced him in my own Stang for awhile, giving him thumbs up, before letting him go on ;)

Feelgood
01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I vote we get Alexa out there doing sign waves in a skimpy little bikini. I bet we get out the vote then! ;)

Abobo
01-08-2008, 05:57 PM
From my experience CA republicans are very angry. They are angry at Bush for failing to secure the border ( HUGE issues here ), they are angry at the governator and the GOP establishment that supports him, they are angry at the entrenched democrats and their taxing and spending. They are basically angry at everything that is going on. If we can harness that for Ron Paul he'll win in a landslide.

California FTW! :D

Voluntaryist
You can take that sentiment and run it right on up the west coast.....Seattle is Ron Paul country...from a conservative standpoint.

Thats what Im talkin about!!!! Seattle, my birthtown!

I want Ron Paul to RWN the entire West Coast.:cool:

thisisgiparti
You never know that. Huck is already adopting several of Ron Paul's more effective positions such as an end to birthright citizenship. Everyone says now that he has no money and can't last, but he has thunder from Iowa. We have to go at him aggressively and defeat him in South Carolina. Otherwise, he will start getting money after winning two early primaries and make it to Super Tuesday. His people are still shopping around, believe me.

alexa doherty
01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I disagree on Obama. California, especially southern, tends to REALLY like the shiny "rock star" candidates. Clinton is a freaking legend here. He's talked about like christ.

SoCal loves it's glamour. Plus the whole PC factor and "inclusion" is a popular idea.

Well the whole pc inclusion thing is a total MYTH. Most people form there own groups. It's very militant out here and not a hippie love fest at all. It's just not safe to go into certain neighborhoods. If you want to know what l.a. is like, watch the movie "Point Break" and think of the surf punks. That's the attitude of a lot of people here. Males especially. Locals anyway. A lot of visitors are star struck but then they aren't locals.

Us locals just laugh and make fun of hollywood and the socalled "stars", since we grew up here.
Of course "entertainment tonight" and tv media won't tell you that. Their job is to get people from out of the area to think we're all hollywood idiots that worship
the movies. Not even close.

Obama doesn't stand a chance in hell out here because of his illegals stance.

He will win african american voters and some stupid weepy-wimpy white liberals who hate their race but that will mainly be only certain parts of ghetto l.a. oakland and frisco.

Romney will be the biggest challenge.

Caravello
01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm a Californian (Los Angeles). I'm doing my best to persuade people, and I think I have won over a few. The anti-Iraq sentiment is so strong out here that I think RP could do well. I think the monetary message will also play well.

My neighbor has a RP sign in his front yard btw.

Brother Butch
01-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Lots of obvious action and support here in Sacramento area for RP.

alexa doherty
01-08-2008, 06:00 PM
You never know that. Huck is already adopting several of Ron Paul's more effective positions such as an end to birthright citizenship. Everyone says now that he has no money and can't last, but he has thunder from Iowa. We have to go at him aggressively and defeat him in South Carolina. Otherwise, he will start getting money after winning two early primaries and make it to Super Tuesday. His people are still shopping around, believe me.

Well californians aren't stupid like some other states perhaps are. We're pretty anti war out here but also anti-illegals.

So it's a cross between pro-peace/anti-war and anti illegals types.

There are some liberal areas but with so much forclosing on houses and the struggling economy here, people have become angry. I see anger as a good sign and positive energy when directed properly. So keep in mind, anti-war, anti-illegals.

Those are the biggest issues out here. The illegals tie into the jobs situation as well. This is why people are pissed.

Huck will be looked at as a televangelist out here. Laura ingraham KFI types will be going for Ron or romney. Most likely Ron.

linusPAULing
01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
We're running this one on Thursday in Northern CA.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2144/2178199531_eabfc9ce34.jpg?v=0

JMO
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I know four people that will be voting for Ron Paul in California, and I cant seem to get a 5th who voted for in the last two elections for Alan Keyes and Pat Buchanon. I figured he would be the easiest to convert but instead he is still undecided.

xerxesdarius
01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
In San Diego, we placed a respectable 2nd in the straw poll behind Mitt. Not bad considering it was $125/plate. I am a precinct captain, bringing the vote in...

angrydragon
01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Florida will be key!

alexa doherty
01-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Florida will be key!

I hope so. :)

microsect
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Ron Paul has a lot of support down here in San Diego County! Our meet up down here is very well organized and we are reaching about 1,000 members soon.

microsect
01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I also forgot to mention we have our mini blimp here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtgKOvVSBf4

alexa doherty
01-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Going to give this a bump but this NH diebold machine voting thing is a serious bummer. However if any lawsuits happen I think it will come from California. Though I would please ask that people in other states, Do your best to get some delegates so we can bring this thing home once the primary gets to California.