PDA

View Full Version : My Log (California)

ColdSoul
01-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Greetings,

While all this stuff is going on in NH today I had a few hours to kill to start doing some canvassing.

I was armed with 100 Spanish Fliers, 50 "Don't Tax Me Bro" Fliers, 20 Slim Jims (I have 100 of the generic ones, and lots of the other ones ((Veteran and Farmer ones) but I plan on using those for the outer edge of my precinct were the Farmers live, and possibly going to the local VA's and dropping off the Veteran ones) as well as about 100 Liberty cards

(I got more of the Liberty Cards, and as I explained more of the slim-jims but I didn't think I would hit more than 100 houses today)

I live in a very small town (about 2K people) that is mostly of Hispanic/Mexican orgin (about 95% Hispanic, 5% White) and due to this I found a printable Ron Paul flier in Spanish and printed about 100 of them.

I wish I spoke Spanish but I don't (just enough to ask if they speak english or spanish) and due to this I just tried to determine if someone spoke spanish or english and leave the appropriate flier (leaving a Liberty Card at any house I left a spanish flier in case it was a english speaking house)

I didn't see many people but one guy who I know was english speaking so I was leaving him a "Don't Tax Me Bro" flier on his fence and a liberty card and he came out and asked what I was doing.

"I was just leaving some information on the Ron Paul canidate"

He said "Oh, I heard a little about this guy and liked what he had to say" So I will make sure and come back and see where he stands when I do my poll.

I managed to hit over 2 blocks (big blocks for this small town) and I plan on getting some more done later this week once I print out a few hundred more spanish fliers.

Oh, I also left a stack of the spanish fliers at my local familes store that has benches for people to eat there ordered food. I hope some of the lunch/dinner crew read them as I know they get a get 20-30 people a day sitting there to eat with nothing spanish to read.

I plan on getting a good stapler and going around to EVERY electric pole and putting both a spanish flier and a don't tax me bro on them.

I also got my friend coming over Thursday afternoon and I am going to sign him up to be a Captain of his area and once mine is done I am going to help him do his.

More to come thursday or friday, then this sunday/monday as I keep doing more work!

hillertexas
01-08-2008, 05:07 PM
nice work

driller80545
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Greetings,

While all this stuff is going on in NH today I had a few hours to kill to start doing some canvassing.

I was armed with 100 Spanish Fliers, 50 "Don't Tax Me Bro" Fliers, 20 Slim Jims (I have 100 of the generic ones, and lots of the other ones ((Veteran and Farmer ones) but I plan on using those for the outer edge of my precinct were the Farmers live, and possibly going to the local VA's and dropping off the Veteran ones) as well as about 100 Liberty cards

(I got more of the Liberty Cards, and as I explained more of the slim-jims but I didn't think I would hit more than 100 houses today)

I live in a very small town (about 2K people) that is mostly of Hispanic/Mexican orgin (about 95% Hispanic, 5% White) and due to this I found a printable Ron Paul flier in Spanish and printed about 100 of them.

I wish I spoke Spanish but I don't (just enough to ask if they speak english or spanish) and due to this I just tried to determine if someone spoke spanish or english and leave the appropriate flier (leaving a Liberty Card at any house I left a spanish flier in case it was a english speaking house)

I didn't see many people but one guy who I know was english speaking so I was leaving him a "Don't Tax Me Bro" flier on his fence and a liberty card and he came out and asked what I was doing.

"I was just leaving some information on the Ron Paul canidate"

He said "Oh, I heard a little about this guy and liked what he had to say" So I will make sure and come back and see where he stands when I do my poll.

I managed to hit over 2 blocks (big blocks for this small town) and I plan on getting some more done later this week once I print out a few hundred more spanish fliers.

Oh, I also left a stack of the spanish fliers at my local familes store that has benches for people to eat there ordered food. I hope some of the lunch/dinner crew read them as I know they get a get 20-30 people a day sitting there to eat with nothing spanish to read.

I plan on getting a good stapler and going around to EVERY electric pole and putting both a spanish flier and a don't tax me bro on them.

I also got my friend coming over Thursday afternoon and I am going to sign him up to be a Captain of his area and once mine is done I am going to help him do his.

More to come thursday or friday, then this sunday/monday as I keep doing more work!

where did you find the spanish flyers. I need some

ColdSoul
01-08-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.ronpaulparapresidente.com/involucrate.htm for spanish flier