PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Release! Obama Saves Kenya? Or His Family's Business?

Winston
01-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I had a friend call me today excited about Barak Obama. In a ferverent manner he faithfully repeated all the idealism and change rhetoric that I have been hearing from the Manufactured Consent Media (MCM) and Obama's official campaign. My friend's final coup de'gras was the "fact" that Obama "unselfishly", and "in the middle of a campaign", and "when spending such time could hurt his election", called the quarreling Kenyan leaders to help resolve the dispute. "What a humanitarian", my friend almost sighed with eyes as big as Bambi's.

But wait...

Who is involved in this Kenyan conflict? A country from which Obama's family hails. Could there be another reason Obama is taking such a personal interest? A not so idealistic reason? Thank you Associated Press for giving me the answer.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iFanjS9RxaqymsBX1rvjVQmLexcgD8U1UHB80

Kogelo, the western Kenyan village of Barack Obama's father, has been spared the political and ethnic violence that has erupted in Kenya after last month's disputed presidential election. But it's just 90 minutes' drive from a town where torched and looted buildings bear testimony to the clashes that have left more than 500 people dead, and the turmoil in Kenya, as well as his nephew's political success, were on Said Obama's mind.

While the dispute is political, violence has pitted other tribes — such as the Obamas' Luo — against the Kikuyu of President Mwai Kibaki, who have long dominated politics and the economy in Kenya.

If Barack Obama were in Kenya today, he would "work with the leadership to bring them to a round table and find a solution to the problems that have been ravaging the country," his uncle said.

In fact, Obama's spokesman Robert Gibbs confirmed the senator spoke to opposition leader Raila Odinga for about five minutes Monday...

I wonder what a man who has a chance to become commander-in-chief of the World's largest military would say to a group that is fighting with his family? I wonder if such a tie would contribute to a decision to involve the US in yet another "hot spot" with our military? To help his family's interest? Hrmmm..... where have I seen this before?

:(