PDA

View Full Version : My Strategy to get the Elderly vote

zakkubin
01-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey guys this may be more specific to us states in the south. But in Arkansas the older folks eat at KFC every day in mass. ( I assume because of the discount )

I believe most KFC's have a meeting room that you can use. I'm going to have our meetup group meet there to interact with the old folks. If you give them Ron Paul information on paper they will consume it and instantly become our best voters.

Remember just because more youth are voting does not mean the older generation is going to stop. They are still the most reliable and the easiest to convert to Paul's message.

-----------------

Also I have a funny story about Mike H.
Remember how he lost all that weight? Well I guess after he did he decided to push that on all kids in public schools through ark. law.

One day when I was in 9th grade we were told that we had to walk for half of our lunch period. In addition to this all of our soft drink machines were removed as well as our snack bars.

( it just created a monopoly because then only the school cafe was allowed to sell snacks, before it was a student run snack bar for our clubs)

This was applied to all students even those in HIGH SCHOOL.

Of Course so many kids protested and just sat down they couldn't do much to enforce it.

Here in Ark. most people like mike as a person but not as a politician.

ARealConservative
01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
stress how social security can't last unless we do something fast.

hawkeyenick
01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
stress how social security can't last unless we do something fast.

no, stress how their grandchildren won't be getting it, appeal to their emotions

they will be getting it no matter what

ninepointfive
01-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Whatever we do, I think the most important thing to do is to get the vote of the elderly.

We need action plans. Go to the senior centers!!

Roadrcr
01-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Tell em there gonna die really soon and their vote will affect your future not theirs .:D

ASayre
01-08-2008, 05:25 PM
If you're talking to elderly republicans, mention the name of Goldwater.

Goldwater's endorsement carries a lot of weight with these folks. I noticed this right away when talking with people who canvassing.

mosquitobite
01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
If you're talking to elderly republicans, mention the name of Goldwater.

Goldwater's endorsement carries a lot of weight with these folks. I noticed this right away when talking with people who canvassing.

YES YES YES

Thomas Paine
01-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Why not visit nursing homes? Put a tie on and contact a nursing home to schedule when you can visit to make a 5 minute speech about the Good Doctor and pass out some literature. Heck, if its a large nursing home, see if Ron Paul will make a personal visit and arrange for the local newspaper/tv station to be present for his visit.