PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Observation About RP's monetary support

FSP-Rebel
07-20-2007, 02:08 PM
http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?storyid=19156&ret=Default.aspx

This article speaks to the fact that you can't have raised $2.4M (and we know that this is more when you count what people are doing on their own) and still be only supported 0-2% in the polls.

cross-posted from the forum at newhampshireunderground.com

paulitics
07-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Ive been saying this for a while. With almost 50,000 donors in one quarter, there is no way he is sitting at only 1%. Its statistically almost improbable. And for someone that has millions of views on youtube,and 20,000 meetup members, and who won every debate...I don't believe these polls.

If you want to compare him to other 3rd tier candidates like Gravel, or Duncan Hunter, or Tancredo. Look at the the support, # of donors, and their support. They all line up. Not with RP. He has this vast support

Wyurm
07-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Ok, I saw a comment claiming that if you send a message to Gallup requesting additional info, like age groups, etc..., you are actually placing yourself in their calling list. Please don't just write to complain, I would suggest asking for more info or something to that effect. Here is the link, and don't forget to include your phone number. http://www.galluppoll.com/contactUs/

Bradley in DC
07-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Of the very small percentage of the general population who have any clue about the race so far (as demonstrated, in part, by donations, online polls, etc.), Dr. Paul is doing disproportionately well. However, I bet fewer than 4% of the country could identify him.

Wyurm
07-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Of the very small percentage of the general population who have any clue about the race so far (as demonstrated, in part, by donations, online polls, etc.), Dr. Paul is doing disproportionately well. However, I bet fewer than 4% of the country could identify him.

This is true, I still get asked "who is Ron Paul?" when I talk about him (which I can't help but do very often).

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Yes, I have hardly run into a soul who even knows who he is.

Roxi
07-20-2007, 05:56 PM

aprox how many people is 4% of the population

foofighter20x
07-20-2007, 06:06 PM

Is there any way of looking at the core data sets before the pollsters put their statistical interpretations to work? Does the campaign subscribe to the polls, potentially through a third-body front and do their own independent (read: accurate) analysis of the data?

foofighter20x
07-20-2007, 06:09 PM
aprox how many people is 4% of the population

300,000,000 x 0.04 = 12,000,000

kylejack
07-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Wyurm, that's not correct. Gallup dials random digits.

FSP-Rebel
07-20-2007, 06:22 PM
300,000,000 x 0.04 = 12,000,000
What about 'x'% of likely voters. The only non-voters of significance will be on our side.

kylejack
07-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Foo fighter, did you really just start with the entire population? Drop the kids, the people who ignore politics and don't do polls, and the half of the voters that are going to be voting in the Democrat primary. Then multiply by 4 percent.

Wyurm
07-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Wyurm, that's not correct. Gallup dials random digits.

Like I said, I got that from another site, it was unverified info.