PDA

View Full Version : ENOUGH about HQ's Performance!

FreeTraveler
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
You CLAIM that Ron Paul can run the country...

Yet you feel it necessary to micro-manage his campaign????

Dr. Paul's job right now is to get the message out to the best of his ability. If he accomplishes that, he'll be our next President. He has more invested in this at all levels than ANY of us do.

Our job is to be THE TROOPS.

Not ONCE have I heard the good doctor ask us to help him run HQ. He's asked us to support him, and to have fun.

Trying to run HQ is an insult to Dr. Paul IF you believe he's smart enough to run the country.

IF you have something to tell the campaign, call them, email them, or post a message in the "Campaign Suggestion Box" forum. Don't come and bitch about it in Grassroots Central, where people are supposed to be working on GRASSROOTS issues!

MODS: How about redefining TROLL to include someone who goes on a public forum to bitch about something they have absolutely no control over?

european
01-08-2008, 02:19 PM

Dr. Paul's job right now is to get the message out to the best of his ability. If he accomplishes that, he'll be our next President. He has more invested in this at all levels than ANY of us do.

Not ONCE have I heard the good doctor ask us to help him run HQ. He's asked us to support him, and to have fun.

Trying to run HQ is an insult to Dr. Paul IF you believe he's smart enough to run the country.

IF you have something to tell the campaign, call them, email them, or post a message in the "Campaign Suggestion Box" forum. Don't come and bitch about it in Grassroots Central, where people are supposed to be working on GRASSROOTS issues!

MODS: How about redefining TROLL to include someone who goes on a public forum to bitch about something they have absolutely no control over?

+$23,000,000

yongrel
01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm not going to try to run HQ. I know that I'm not nearly smart enough. The others here should know that too.

However, that does not keep me from getting frustrated that it has been an hour since a horrendous hitpiece hit Drudge, and the campaign has yet to respond.

FreeTraveler
01-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm not going to try to run HQ. I know that I'm not nearly smart enough. The others here should know that too.

However, that does not keep me from getting frustrated that it has been an hour since a horrendous hitpiece hit Drudge, and the campaign has yet to respond.

The best release from frustration is physical activity.

Write some letters or go for a brisk walk, and while you're walking, hand out some literature. :)

If you really think HQ's not aware of the situation, call or email them before doing the above. That's all you can do to solve this problem. Find a problem you can solve or help solve and tackle it.

Melissa
01-08-2008, 02:42 PM

I agree people are sure freaking out. Stay focused this is how they got Perot to drop out and get his supporters all riled up

JS4Pat
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
The absence of a HQ's staff with experience in winning national campaigns is one of the primary reasons we are not winning the early primaries. (Some of the other reasons are somewhat beyond our control i.e. MSM & Ignorant Electorate)

Most in these forums have contributed their time, treasure and talents to this cause, so they have every right to voice their concerns and displeasure with the campaign.

Hopefully once enough of us catch onto this problem - it will be addressed.

So I say keep screaming!

I just hope it is not too late!

AggieforPaul
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Ron Paul is a brilliant scholar, not a savvy politician. He's surrounded himself a bunch of inept managers who have been consistently outshined by the grassroots. This needs to be an "open source" campaign.

HQ is like Internet Explorer to our Firefox.

walt
01-08-2008, 02:49 PM

we have total control, this is our camaign not these top down non-responsive folks. I'm not giving another penny unless there is major staff turnover.

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
we have total control, this is our camaign not these top down non-responsive folks. I'm not giving another penny unless there is major staff turnover.

Exactly.

I see better than I hear.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Thank you, but it is HQ that is doing the micro-managing!

The closer my relationship become with the official HQ and the people involved the more disgusted I get. The stories I hear I would not even post on here because they would hurt morale. It is though a whole lot worse than what people imagine. And it is definitely not us that should be accused of micro-managing the campaign, they do a terrific job at that without any help from us!

yankee_blue
01-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Get used to it. This is what a "viral", grassroots campaign looks and feels like. The campaign is there for a legal framework, etc. WE are the campaign. Laissez faire is like that. If your waiting for top down directions from libertarian oriented people you are gonna wait for a long long time...

spiteface
01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm confused. I was voting for Ron Paul to NOT run the country.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Get used to it. This is what a "viral", grassroots campaign looks and feels like. The campaign is there for a legal framework, etc. WE are the campaign. Laissez faire is like that. If your waiting for top down directions from libertarian oriented people you are gonna wait for a long long time...

Hehe... exactly NOT the problem, quite the other way around. It's the absolute and total control and non-libertarian ideology that is the root of the problems.

But now you'll spin it round and tell me they HAVE to have this sort of absolute control right!!

spiteface
01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Hehe... exactly NOT the problem, quite the other way around. It's the absolute and total control and non-libertarian ideology that is the root of the problems.

But now you'll spin it round and tell me they HAVE to have this sort of absolute control right!!

No, I was just being a smart ass responding to the OP saying "You claim Ron Paul can run the country." Sry.

I agree the campaign appears to be inept, but what do I know.

constituent
01-08-2008, 03:51 PM

+1000

Proemio
01-08-2008, 04:33 PM

This recurring inference does not hold water, as I (try to) point out here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=77878