PDA

View Full Version : Smears are Par for the Course.

hueylong
01-08-2008, 02:03 PM
With the smear machine gearing up today, just wanted to suggest a couple of things to the R3volution:

1. They wouldn't be smearing Dr. Paul if they were not very concerned about the capacity of the R3volution to have a real impact on the course of events.

2. Smears are Par for the Course for ANY candidate who is gaining traction. In our case, moreso -- because THIS candidate has the ability to ignite an American groundswell that could fundamentally alter the national consensus about both domestic and foreign policy.

3. We have all seen Dr. Paul up-close and personal on a day to day basis for a year now. Every single person in the revolution knows deep inside that he is not a racist, anti-gay, or an anti-semite. He may be a little radical in his views on individual freedom -- but there is not a hateful bone in his body.

SO --

1. We are having an impact.

2. We have an honorable, sincere candidate who is committed to the core issues affecting the future of our nation.

3. We have a powerful movement underway with people from across the political spectrum.

Don't get discouraged, don't freak out, but above all: Don't get DISTRACTED!

Focus. Focus. Focus.

Huey

Madison
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
You are right, but we have to keep in mind that these tactics have worked in the past, so we have to succeed where others like Pat Buchanan have failed. This will take creativity and hard work.

rockwell
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
An interesting Kirchik piece.

http://www.examiner.com/a-568782~James_Kirchick__Who_is_really_stifling_hone st_debate_about_the_Middle_East_.html

Agenda much, Jamie?

hueylong
01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Agreed. Not saying it won't be tough, and take great effort.

Just saying, it's par for the course -- and KEEP THE FAITH.

itshappening
01-08-2008, 02:28 PM
this broke over an hour ago and the campaign is yet to respond, all the radio hosts are talking about it to millions of listeners and soon the MSM will be reporting it to millions

the campaign needs a press release now

LinearChaos
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
the comments in the article are good. everyone is seeing through it.

Bradley in DC
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Add these links:
http://gays-for-ron.blogspot.com/2008/01/jamie-kirchick-i-dont-think-ron-paul-is.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018418.html

and point out that the alleged hotbed of anti-Semitic bigotry the Mises Institute is named after a Jew, Ludwig von Mises.

Rights belong to individuals, not groups.
http://www.house.gov/paul/bio.shtml

WilliamC
01-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I know I saw an interview of Ron Paul late summer/early fall where he was asked about these allegations. He answered something along the lines of yes, there was a newsletter published with his name but which contained articles written by others, yes there were articles published in their that do not represent his views either then or now, yes he was negligent and did not properly manage the newsletter, yes he takes some responsibility for it.

Again, this story was brought up years ago when he ran for Congress. It's been brought up at least twice before since he started running for President. I think it was even on Drudge before. I guess whoever is bringing it up now thinks that the third time will be different than the other two.

Andrew76
01-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, we all know it's false, but people new to Ron Paul do NOT. Ron Paul needs to address this NOW. These allegations are now out and about, and even though they're false, you must understand that they've already changed people's minds.

Go to the New Republic site. People there are commenting things like, "Man, it's about time someone exposed this little hater for what he is! What a terrible man. A shame he has so much support!"

What we all must understand is that even AFTER Ron himself, or the campaign addresses this, it will still have done damage. We cannot ignore this, and we must understand that we are now in the stages of "damage control" with these allegations. They are false, we know they are false. If you have a blog, you need to write about this now, right now. Get the word out, mass email, etc.

America is awash in p.c. nonsense, and being accused of calling Dr. King "a gay pedophile," in an old newsletter before Ron was "famous," is no small matter to be written off with a smile and a "Oh, this just shows we're winning!"

Note to everyone who thinks this is not a big deal: Wake up. This could ruin everything!!!

luckystars
01-08-2008, 05:51 PM
This is a VERY big deal. I have Ron Paul signs in my window of my business. I am keeping them in BUT it will hurt me. Very, very sad.