PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: MAJOR money coming to Ron PAUL Campaign (inside info)----Source pending -Admin

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:00 PM
XX

shrugged0106
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
(&%(^(%...."just had dinner with a couple major donors from Texas who flew up just for dinner! They promise to raise over a million dollars from friends and business associates. They were major fundraisers for George Bush in his first campaign.

So things are looking really good."

This is hot hot news.....

Thats 1 BIG Money GUy....if we add 10 more.....I THINK WE IS MAINSTREAM baby....don't stop giving.....

have they started a PAC or something?

ChairmanMao
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Is this DJ's info?

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:04 PM
deleting message.

Bradley in DC
(&%(^(%...."just had dinner with a couple major donors from Texas who flew up just for dinner! They promise to raise over a million dollars from friends and business associates. They were major fundraisers for George Bush in his first campaign.

So things are looking really good."

This is hot hot news.....

Thats 1 BIG Money GUy....if we add 10 more.....I THINK WE IS MAINSTREAM baby....don't stop giving.....

Inside from whom--they are very tight-lipped now (color me skeptical--hopeful, but skeptical).

Slugg
Is this DJ's info?

Well, I don't know....I doubt it....

Is there anyway to verify this? I know it's 'inside stuff'...but it's not like we're the CIA or anything....

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:05 PM
XX

ChairmanMao
Do they understand Ron wont give them any special favors?

ThePieSwindler
Is this substantiated? Anyways, even though they supported bush, i don't see anything wrong with this. Bush's 2000 platform was a pretty good, traditional conservative one. Had he stuck to his original platform, he'd probably be in a much better position right now, at least in terms of approval, and so would the country. However he wants power, not approval. :mad:

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:07 PM
xx

Slugg
Is this substantiated? Anyways, even though they supported bush, i don't see anything wrong with this. Bush's 2000 platform was a pretty good, traditional conservative one. Had he stuck to his original platform, he'd probably be in a much better position right now, at least in terms of approval, and so would the country. However he wants power, not approval. :mad:

If only he shared your love of pies...we'd be in a much better world. :D

SWATH
Do they understand Ron wont give them any special favors?

Maybe the favors are tax free freedom.

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
xx

cac1963
07-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Maybe the latest executive order put the fear into everybody and all eyes turn to Paul to stop this disaster once and for all.

SWATH
07-20-2007, 12:11 PM
you guys are first to HEAR IT...RP will be mainstream...Do you know how much money you need to win the Presidency...it's sick

Kent said between 30 and 40 million dollars

dmitchell
07-20-2007, 12:11 PM
This had better be legit. I don't wan't to see another Capital Hill Blue incident--you know, headlines screaming 'Ron Paul fundraising revealed as campaign lies'.

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:12 PM
deleting post

Slugg
07-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Kent said between 30 and 40 million dollars

The republican party would have to team up to meet that already.... I don't think any of the candidates have raised that much yet have they?

Johnnybags
07-20-2007, 12:14 PM
noone but oil from Texas gives up that kind of cash without buying something. No strings attach, take it, strings shove it up their arses.

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:15 PM
deleting post

Slugg
07-20-2007, 12:16 PM
You still haven't told us where you got this info :confused:

Yeah...that's what I'm waiting for.

Duckman
07-20-2007, 12:16 PM
The republican party would have to team up to meet that already.... I don't think any of the candidates have raised that much yet have they?

No Republicans have, but both Obama and Hillary are close to raising that much.

I think this is good news, but I will echo others here by saying that I hope the identities of these rich donors do not taint the campaign.

That being said, I have always thought it was only a matter of time before Republicans started to wake up and realize that they WILL NOT keep the White House with any of the current candidates/potential candidates besides Ron. The stink of W and Iraq is too great. And alot of companies and individuals stand to lose alot of $$$$ if we have both a Dem president and a Dem congress and tax rates explode, which I guarantee will happen in 09 unless Ron Paul can stop it.

cac1963
07-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Anybody keep hardcopies of their Wall Street Journals? There was a full page ad in the Jan. 14, 2003 edition from Republican business owners demanding that George Bush live up to his promised humble foreign policy and not invade Iraq. I want to see the actual ad and get a copy if anybody has access to old issues.

Bradley in DC
07-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Until this is substantiated, no one repeat it. The campaign was not at all happy about the previous fundraising rumors (that we're even true).

cac1963
07-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I think this is good news, but I will echo others here by saying that I hope the identities of these rich donors do not taint the campaign.

I hope it's not a deliberate attempt to taint Paul's campaign. It could reek of Rove real easy unless the donors are identified and on the up and up.

Slugg
07-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Until this is substantiated, no one repeat it..

Amen!!!

Noodles
07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, this is a 15!!!:D

Not buying it just yet. Been there, done that.

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:25 PM
PLEASE if I substantiate it they will stop posting it.....I get email reports all the time....

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:26 PM
deleting post

Oddball
Until this is substantiated, no one repeat it. The campaign was not at all happy about the previous fundraising rumors (that we're even true).
I KNOW NOTHING!!
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8438/shultz2fv5.jpg

BIG_J
Mods!?!?

Johnnybags
from his real constituents, the grass roots are growing by leaps and bounds and the truth resonates 10-1, If he gets 10 mil, its 100 mil in Guilianni phony money from Wall st.

spacebetween
PLEASE if I substantiate it they will stop posting it.....I get email reports all the time....

Well until we can verify it as fact, we will not be repeating it.

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:29 PM
xx

Oddball
07-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I KNOW NOTHIIIIIIIING!!

Slugg
07-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I KNOW NOTHIIIIIIIING!!

AWESOME!!!!!

dmitchell
07-20-2007, 12:31 PM
There's bloggers (pro and con RP) who no doubt lurk on this forum. I myself think this thread needs to be deleted.
I have a (mostly) Ron Paul blog (stillmoreperfect.blogspot.com), and during the CHB incident I came to regret reporting on FMNN fundraising speculation. I certainly won't be reporting on this unless it's officially announced.

Noodles
07-20-2007, 12:32 PM
did you intercept this "illegally", by any chance?:o

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:33 PM
deleting post.

Slugg
07-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Truth be told, as much as I would love to buy it. I just don't. I hope I'm wrong. But I just don't have my hopes up.

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Go ahead and delet this...I do not want to hurt the RP campaign....I have just been diseminating information.....I think I can delet e all my post if I get 20 votes in favor????

Please vote now. THANKS

dmitchell
07-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Hear is more from the email I intercepted.....
Intercepting email? With all due respect that sounds really suspicious.

beermotor
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah, guys, this forum is how that email got leaked to Beltram, leading to the annoying crap in the paper in SC about us having a "small crowd" this weekend.

We need to be a little more discreet with what we're posting, folks!

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Truth be told, as much as I would love to buy it. I just don't. I hope I'm wrong. But I just don't have my hopes up.

Slug, I am not that smart to think this up...read my posts....i'm always benn legit!!!

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Hear is more from the email I intercepted.....

Just relax everyone this is GREAT NEWS!!!!

....."We had a great weekend in Mountain View. We had a great tour of the Google campus. Talk about a corporate utopia! If you ever get an offer to work for Google, run don't walk! If you enjoy beach volleyball, billiards, working out in the gym, strolling through an organic garden, eating at many great cafes (for free) and all during your work day, Google provides it.

We had a good turnout at a $1000 a ticket fundraiser later in the day and another fundraiser after the rally was very well attended. I also met a supporter that can provide printing for the entire campaign for between half and two thirds the cost of our best prices (including the slim jims that headquarters printed.) .....

.... just had dinner with a couple major donors from Texas who flew up just for dinner! They promise to raise over a million dollars from friends and business associates. They were major fundraisers for George Bush in his first campaign...."

I don't want to be adding to this fire, but i've read that somewhere before... but i can't put my hands on it... I get so many communications and i read so many blogs, that i can't remember where i've read things, but i've read those exact words before somewhere...

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:36 PM
WAITING......will DELETE ALL it I get 20 or so votes

Syren123
07-20-2007, 12:37 PM
You can tell them where you got that info, ghemminger...it's not a secret.

This came from an "update from the road" from the organizer of the Pasadena Meetup group (of the soon-to-be famous meeting written up in the NYT article). He's a filmmaker and I think is the official videographer for the campaign...he travels with them and tapes all of Dr Paul's appearances, which is why when you see his videos on Youtube, the quality is so good!

Go to the meetups website, log in to the Pasadena meetup group, and read his post for yourself under messages.

Razmear
07-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, guys, this forum is how that email got leaked to Beltram, leading to the annoying crap in the paper in SC about us having a "small crowd" this weekend.

We need to be a little more discreet with what we're posting, folks!

I agree about being more discreet about posting here, but the email leak came from the local meetup group message that was sent to a few hundred people.

eb

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:38 PM
deleting post

torchbearer
Was it in a Ron Paul letter he sent out via email a few days ago?

ghemminger
lol....IM DELETING ALL MY POSTS!!!...any objections???

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:39 PM
You can tell them where you got that info, ghemminger...it's not a secret.

This came from an "update from the road" from the organizer of the Pasadena Meetup group (of the soon-to-be famous meeting written up in the NYT article). He's a filmmaker and I think is the official videographer for the campaign...he travels with them and tapes all of Dr Paul's appearances, which is why when you see his videos on Youtube, the quality is so good!

Go to the meetups website, log in to the Pasadena meetup group, and read his post for yourself under messages.

YES!! thats where i read those words before. i knew i had seen this info before.

belian78
07-20-2007, 12:39 PM
i dont know bout this...

for most people, hearing that the guy being touted as the antithesis of a george w bush has recieved something like a million $$ from bush's major donors would smack of hypocrisy. maybe there is an alterior motive for the donation. that card has been played before on other unsuspecting politicians.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-20-2007, 12:40 PM
1. Even if true, $1 million is a drop in the bucket. Okay, maybe a splash in the bucket. We need to quadruple our own efforts. Right now, it's easy to understand why the MSM brushes us off.

2. Just because someone who raised money for Bush sets up a meeting with the Paul people, doesn't mean he's going to raise money, or significant money. Even if this person said $1 million, he really can't speak for the people whom he is going to shake down.

3. Raising expectations only makes us look like fools later. If we forget about this and it DOES happen, THEN it will sound good.

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:41 PM
we will never know their true motives, but i don't doubt Ron Paul's motives.

Spirit of '76
07-20-2007, 12:41 PM
There's bloggers (pro and con RP) who no doubt lurk on this forum. I myself think this thread needs to be deleted.

You're not trying to censor someone because you think what they say might harm Ron Paul's campaign, are you? :cool:

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:42 PM
deleting post

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:42 PM
ive censored myself....sorry guys

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:43 PM
You're not trying to censor someone because you think what they say might harm Ron Paul's campaign, are you? :cool:

oh no.. not again... ;)

belian78
we will never know their true motives, but i don't doubt Ron Paul's motives.

oh neither do i, but i know how the spin machine works, the MSM would have a field day with it.

torchbearer
Is this DJ's info?

that is not DJs info.

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:44 PM
THats what I thought...just being a little dramatic in the title....def.don't want to raise false expectations....

Spirit of '76
07-20-2007, 12:44 PM
oh no.. not again... ;)

Can't let anyone get away with attacking the Liberty Message. :D

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:45 PM
deleting post

beermotor
ive censored myself....sorry guys

You don't have to censor yourself, but just try to keep a little objectivity ... we gotta think STRATEGICALLY if we are to win this thing. Long haul, keep yer focus, don't waste any gas, eyes on the prize, etc!

Spirit of '76
I don't want to be adding to this fire, but i've read that somewhere before... but i can't put my hands on it... I get so many communications and i read so many blogs, that i can't remember where i've read things, but i've read those exact words before somewhere...

Yeah, me too. Wasn't it posted on Lew Rockwell's blog?

torchbearer
Can't let anyone get away with attacking the Liberty Message. :D

lol liberty message.

slantedview
07-20-2007, 12:46 PM
this information and this thread is worthless. don't even bother posting this sort of thing without evidence or sources. if it's true, that's great, but in the meantime, this thread is just a pointless tease.

the end.

Spirit of '76
07-20-2007, 12:47 PM
There's a difference between "harmful rumor's" and "harsh truths" :) Truth's can be substantiated, rumor's can't ;)

Some people's rumors can eventually be substantiated, and some people's "truths" never will.

Besides, Free Speech is Free Speech. Who becomes the arbiter of what is rumor and what is truth? :)

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:47 PM
You don't have to censor yourself, but just try to keep a little objectivity ... we gotta think STRATEGICALLY if we are to win this thing. Long haul, keep yer focus, don't waste any gas, eyes on the prize, etc!

Got ya...just noticed...I've been able to help my local group a lot by diseminating a lot of information....so sometimes don't think about implications...erased my posts...but can't erase those that quoted me....

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:48 PM
this information and this thread is worthless. don't even bother posting this sort of thing without evidence or sources.

the end.

I thought someone just pointed to the source of information from the Pasadena Meet-up Group. I read it too, but i wasn't going to post anything about it because as far as i know, ron paul hasn't been handed the million dollars, just a pledge.

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Yo I did not approve of this message. This ain't my thing at all. this thread sure was crazy.

FreedomLover
07-20-2007, 12:49 PM
As people have already said, we should use discretion when talking about rumors, and shout all you want with the stone-cold facts. :cool:

Syren123
07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
i dont know bout this...

for most people, hearing that the guy being touted as the antithesis of a george w bush has recieved something like a million $$ from bush's major donors would smack of hypocrisy. maybe there is an alterior motive for the donation. that card has been played before on other unsuspecting politicians.

These money guys were allegedly fundraisers/donors for GHWBush, not GW Lucifer Bush. And while it's still the same bad blood, it's a different ballgame altogether.

As far as being sensitive information, I don't think it is. We're planning two big bucks fundraisers for Pasadena and Newport Beach in September...just waiting on firm dates...and rather than keep it a secret, I'd like people to KNOW about them in case they'd like to attend. If we officially advertise like in the paper, then they're subject to a whole new set of FEC regulations. Something we'd very much like to avoid.

You all KNOW that Ron Paul's fundraising will be subject to more scrutiny and to a much higher standard of legality than say Hilary's or Rudy's so we're being uber careful to have zero appearance of impropriety. Having two Texas high rollers on your side isn't illegal (is it? lol).

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 12:50 PM
I thought someone just pointed to the source of information from the Pasadena Meet-up Group. I read it too, but i wasn't going to post anything about it because as far as i know, ron paul hasn't been handed the million dollars, just a pledge.

Maybe Josh can erase this thread, worst thing that can happen is a blogger quaote all this stuff and the money doesn't come through.....this is all unsubstantiated information...not fit for news....i'm the original poster

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 12:52 PM
It's Friday baby.

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Tgif

DjLoTi
Why is this party so lame?

Oddball
Hot Damn It's Friday!

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Maybe Josh can erase this thread, worst thing that can happen is a blogger quaote all this stuff and the money doesn't come through.....this is all unsubstantiated information...not fit for news....i'm the original poster

I've reported it and asked for it to be deleted. Doesn't mean he is around though so maybe everyone can delete their own posts. I already did mine. Except for this one now :p

Noodles
07-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Why delete it, if in fact it has been e-mailed to 100 meetup members?

ghemminger
07-20-2007, 01:00 PM
These money guys were allegedly fundraisers/donors for GHWBush, not GW Lucifer Bush. And while it's still the same bad blood, it's a different ballgame altogether.

As far as being sensitive information, I don't think it is. We're planning two big bucks fundraisers for Pasadena and Newport Beach in September...just waiting on firm dates...and rather than keep it a secret, I'd like people to KNOW about them in case they'd like to attend. If we officially advertise like in the paper, then they're subject to a whole new set of FEC regulations. Something we'd very much like to avoid.

You all KNOW that Ron Paul's fundraising will be subject to more scrutiny and to a much higher standard of legality than say Hilary's or Rudy's so we're being uber careful to have zero appearance of impropriety. Having two Texas high rollers on your side isn't illegal (is it? lol).

Thanks SYREN,
If you want anything promoted...just post it here...I just jumped the gun a little....

ZackM
07-20-2007, 01:08 PM
i dont know bout this...

Sorry - I'm a Republican who's twice voted for Bush (though I did have to hold my nose the second time).

I view this completely opposite of you. Not everyone who gives big bucks does it to get something back. There's alot of wealthy Americans in this country who've worked hard to get to where they are and strongly believe in the (old) Republican platform.

If just a couple of established, big-whig Republican donor/fundraiser types jump on the train, it will send a message that it's "OK" to abandon the administration to all the other big-whigs who are weary of the neoconservative highjacking.

FSP-Rebel
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Out of 9 pages of this thread, nothing has been confirmed--one way or the other. What gives?

Mort
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Nothing will be confirmed. Earlier in the thread the orginal poster told us to "trust" him.

DeadheadForPaul
07-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Will people let this die? I did not post when I saw this early on in hopes that it would die but it has not. Please stop posting to this unconfirmed rumor thread. This is exactly the same kind of stuff that got us in trouble with claiming that we raised $5 mill when we really raised half of that.

Wait for the FEC report people