PDA

View Full Version : registering for New York

TwiLeXia
01-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Couple questions.

1. I found the registration form on the GOP site but it couldn't print. Does anyone know any other sites for it?

2. Why isn't New York on the RP2008 site as part of the states - its date is Jan 11, same day as Oklahoma

3. I'm at Maryland right now, can I still register for New York (I go to college there)

BillyDkid
01-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Couple questions.

1. I found the registration form on the GOP site but it couldn't print. Does anyone know any other sites for it?

2. Why isn't New York on the RP2008 site as part of the states - its date is Jan 11, same day as Oklahoma

3. I'm at Maryland right now, can I still register for New York (I go to college there)
Isn't it to late to register to vote in the NY primary. I understood the date was Oct. 12. I did it before then.

Pure Excess
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
it is the 11th !!!! i next day aired my sheet to Albany yesterday to make sure i made the deadline.

voytechs
01-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Couple questions.

Every county should have a site, but here is a general one for NY.
http://www.elections.state.ny.us/portal/page?_pageid=35,1,35_8617&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

It is part of it:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/
and click on NY.

Jan 11 is the last day to register if you haven't registered yet. You can't switch parties anymore if you are registered democrat, indepdent, or other 3rd party. But you can still register republican if are not registered at all, or were registered republican previously any where in NY.

The actual primary voting takes place on Feb. 5th. It in a different place than general elections, so you need to remember that a locate your GOP primary polling place.

Until the 11th. But its too late now to send applications by snail-mail, its best you fax it in, or fill out online application. If you are going to be back in NY before the 11th, then the best thing is to just walk in to the election office, they are everywhere. If you tell me where exactly you live in NY, I can help you find it.