PDA

View Full Version : Gold price breaks 1980 record: more proof RP is right.

marichmo
01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm sure we are all anxiously following the activity in NH today, but another significant event relevant to Ron Paul's message has taken place today. Today gold has traded at $876/ounce, beating the 1980 all-time high of $875/ounce. Gold prices have traditionally served as a barometer for gauging the inflation and overall health of a currency. Ron Paul has long held that the value of U.S. currency is being erroded by runaway inflation, and today's market activity is proving that his understanding of our nation's economic well-being easily surpasses that of his peers.

Not only that, but he seems to be quite the successful investor himself - his stock holdings are public info, and while I don't have the link handy I do recall him being invested heavily in gold related stocks. Needless to say he has been doing VERY well lately :)

BillyFromPhilly
01-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm sure we are all anxiously following the activity in NH today, but another significant event relevant to Ron Paul's message has taken place today. Today gold has traded at $876/ounce, beating the 1980 all-time high of $875/ounce. Gold prices have traditionally served as a barometer for gauging the inflation and overall health of a currency. Ron Paul has long held that the value of U.S. currency is being erroded by runaway inflation, and today's market activity is proving that his understanding of our nation's economic well-being easily surpasses that of his peers.

Not only that, but he seems to be quite the successful investor himself - his stock holdings are public info, and while I don't have the link handy I do recall him being invested heavily in gold related stocks. Needless to say he has been doing VERY well lately :)

Another way of looking at it....the dollar is trading at an all time low versus gold.

Paper money is plunging against real money.