PDA

View Full Version : Hey, wow, Huck wants to end Birthright Citizenship!

uncloned21
01-08-2008, 09:37 AM
http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080108/NATION/311698216/1001

walt
01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
nothing is funny about the potential of the real clinton #2...mike huckabee

Mark Rushmore
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Oh Jesus, Fox news just said the same about Huckabee -

"Radical concept, no other candidate backing it!"

What a world.

coffeewithchess
01-08-2008, 09:49 AM
This is also like the MSM saying how John McCain is the oldest candidate running...I can't believe the days I'm in...1984!!!!! YAY!

werdd
01-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Fuck Huckabee.

bulloncoins
01-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Hucklebillys have to steal a platform because they can't stand long on the one they have.....oh woe is me, Fox says its true......like they have a leg left to stand on.......the whole thing is really very telling and very comical. Thanks for the entertainment......I needed a good laugh about now.

margomaps
01-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Ahem. Does anyone recall Huckabee in the Republican Youtube debate? He was challenged by (I think) Romney about having provided children of illegals with tuition breaks while governor of Arkansas. He gave a somewhat-impassioned defense of his actions, saying that these children of illegals shouldn't be "punished for their parent's mistakes."

So, which is it, Mike? Do we subsidize the children of illegals with tax dollars, or do we remove their birthright citizenship?

I'd be interested in seeing Slickabee reconcile these two ideas.

dsentell
01-08-2008, 10:06 AM
This kind of thing absolutely infuriates me -- the other candidates stealing Ron Paul's ideas over and over and the old media reporting that it is a unique idea with no other candidate taking that position. . . . . .

Seems to me that the Neocons and Old Media have been brainwashed -- "Do not mention Ron Paul, he does not exist.... Ron Paul does not exist.... Ron Paul does not exist...."

Elwar
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Is Huckabee going to wow everyone next and say that we should pull all of the troops from foreign countries and have competing currencies?

What a tool. I doubt this is just coincidence, they're sacrificing Huckabee to steal Ron Paul votes.

RoyalShock
01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Time to play the flip-flop card then. His positions are conflicting.

Elwar
01-08-2008, 10:11 AM
I doubt Huckabee even understands Ron Paul's position about why he wants to end birthright citizenship.

It's not just because of the anchor babies, it actually comes from a historical motive that I'd explain here but I don't want the Hucktards to go back and explain to Huckabee why he supports his position.

theshadowranger
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I emailed the guy who wrote the article and corrected him. Be sure you al do it also.
sdinan@washingtontimes.com
Be sure to tell them that Huckabee stole that idea from Ron Paul and that Dr. Paul has introduced bills to change the birthright citizenship laws.

wfd40
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
This guy is leading the national polls 25% to 20% over GouL??? Is this a fucking joke? This media really can make somebody can't they...

America is a bunch of followers - that much is for certain... Obama takes iowa, a state that has about the population of the CITY I LIVE IN and now the whole race is over. Huck takes Iowa and now HE'S THE GOP FRONTRUNNIER?? Are ya kidding me MSM?

One can only hope that he is simply taking votes away from the other neo-cons.. but we are certainly walking a tight rope right now in NH and need that MSM bounce big time.

RPinSEAZ
01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I emailed him. I also linked to an article on lewrockwell.com that Ron Paul wrote about the subject.

rg123
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
This kind of thing absolutely infuriates me -- the other candidates stealing Ron Paul's ideas over and over and the old media reporting that it is a unique idea with no other candidate taking that position. . . . . .

Seems to me that the Neocons and Old Media have been brainwashed -- "Do not mention Ron Paul, he does not exist.... Ron Paul does not exist.... Ron Paul does not exist...."

The washington times should be contacted and demand retraction and the campaign should do it as well with a press release: Here is the bill

1st Session

H. J. RES. 46
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to deny United States citizenship to individuals born in the United States to parents who are neither United States citizens nor persons who owe permanent allegiance to the United States.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

June 13, 2007
Mr. PAUL (for himself, Mr. GOODE, Mr. DEAL of Georgia, and Mr. AKIN) introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOINT RESOLUTION
Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to deny United States citizenship to individuals born in the United States to parents who are neither United States citizens nor persons who owe permanent allegiance to the United States.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

`Article --

`Section 1. Any person born after the date of the ratification of this article to a mother and father, neither of whom is a citizen of the United States nor a person who owes permanent allegiance to the United States, shall not be a citizen of the United States or of any State solely by reason of birth in the United States.

`Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.'.

amberj
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I found this article on my own and was going to post it here, but I guess someone beat me to it. I am going to email the writer. I generally don't do stuff like this, but I was fuming when I read it. Is it really too much to ask that people who claim to be journalists actually make sure that what they are stating is fact? Would it have been so difficult to actually check all the candidates platforms before making false claims? Apparently no one has a reputation to uphold anymore.... anything goes these days.

Elwar
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Washington Times is now owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Don't hold your breath on any retractions. It's all out war as far as he's concerned.

billv
01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm really getting tired of this plagiarizing asshole. It would be one thing if he actually changed his mind. I hope New Hampshire is the beginning of his downfall.

The Plan
01-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm getting tired of him slowly stealing the platform as well.

However there is something great that this does for us. Regardless of Ron's tv coverage we all know that Hucklbilly has about a million times more. Every time one of the other guys steals a platform Ron Has Had for years it actually helps us by getting the message out and it makes Ron sound less radical to the sheeple. Sooner or later it will get out who had the ideas first and that will just make Ron look better. Plus we can see how well the idea goes out there when the public hears it. If there is a huge public outcry for Huckabee's head over it then all Ron has to do is not talk about that position as much in the press. This is a good thing.

Ideas are only stolen if they're valuable.

amberj
01-08-2008, 11:00 AM

However there is something great that this does for us. Regardless of Ron's tv coverage we all know that Hucklbilly has about a million times more. Every time one of the other guys steals a platform Ron Has Had for years it actually helps us by getting the message out and it makes Ron sound less radical to the sheeple. Sooner or later it will get out who had the ideas first and that will just make Ron look better. Plus we can see how well the idea goes out there when the public hears it. If there is a huge public outcry for Huckabee's head over it then all Ron has to do is not talk about that position as much in the press. This is a good thing.

Yes, if only Huckabee actually had a change of heart and meant it. Unfortunately I don't think it will be coming out any time soon that Ron Paul actually said and meant all of this long before Huckabee did.

Ethek
01-08-2008, 11:07 AM

This is all about preventing people from seriously considering Ron. If Huck's positions can't be differentiated from Ron's, people will be less likely to second guess their first one on Huck. This was a trial balloon floated by Huck's handlers to see what perception would be. Huck has not publicly stated any of these positions so he has a way to deny. Same tactic as how he airs an attack ad without airing it. Huck is slick, if obvious to those informed.

The problem he also uses the constitution when its convenient. When its not we get fascist policies. Little treading on liberties here, a ban of smoking there. Unfortunately the crowd is the first to surrender its personal liberties to the pandering of politicians. If you need proof just take a look at the Hucksarmy forum. Nothing but fascists practices there. People think Huck pushing Christianity is the saving grace of this country. Its nothing short of everything the bible warned against while at the same time trumpeting free will. Huck's efforts will only create strife and divisiveness for the Christian cause, mark my words. The constitution has been trod on for the last hundred years or more by those in power. I'm just not sure how much longer it'll hold out.

RonRules
01-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Here's my letter. Let's keep them positive and please no insults. Also, don't use the name Ron Paul in the letter's subject. Use an innocuous title so the guy actually opens it up and starts reading. For example: "Washington Times article"

Mr Dinan,

Please correct the claim you made that Huckabee was original in the brithright denial for illegal aliens. Ron Paul has been on this way before as evidenced by the bill he originated shown below.

It could be just a simple mistake on your part, but we would appreciate a correction at your earliest convenience.

If you want to write a really good story, bound to be very popular, please consider writing about how Huckabee has been copying Ron Paul's message word for word. Here are some recent examples:

Have a look at Judy Woodruff latest interview with gov. Huckabee on PBS:

Particularly these two quotes by Huckabee:
"They want a government that lets them be free, that leaves them alone, that doesn't interrupt and interfere with every aspect of their life, that lets them go to work and keep more of what they've worked hard to have."

"But on issues like lower taxes, less government, and then a more efficient government, that'll be a focus here in New Hampshire that I think is universal anywhere."

Full show here:
h ttp://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/jan-june08/huckabee_01-04.html

Thank you in advance for the correction and your consideration of writing a story about Dr Paul.

The Paulite RevolUTION

Spirit of '76
01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Blogg it, digg it, send it to CNN...

He can't get away with this.

amberj
01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I didn't mention Ron Paul's name at all.

pilby
01-08-2008, 11:40 AM
yep. i emailed him right after reading the article linked from Drudge.

ceakins
01-08-2008, 11:46 AM
General switchboard:
(202) 636-3000

Stephen Dinan's Cell Phone Number
202-431-0001

Give these idiots a clue by four, I talked to the editor and the moron said the key word was major candidate and they refuse to print a retraction. Paul beat Giulani in Iowa, and got 20 Million for the 4th quarter how is that not major?

Naraku
01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
What do you expect? "Major" candidate means "not Ron Paul" for the media, even if that makes no damn sense.

wgadget
01-08-2008, 11:57 AM
How original of him...

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080108/NATION/311698216/1001

WCR
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Huckabee, yet again stealing Paul's stance on the Constitution!!!!!

Cowlesy
01-08-2008, 12:13 PM
I know, it's sSUCH BS

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-08-2008, 12:14 PM
He's a snake oil salesman.

Spirit of '76
01-08-2008, 12:17 PM
What do you expect? "Major" candidate means "not Ron Paul" for the media, even if that makes no damn sense.

Yeah. but he also says that no member of Congress has ever suggested it. :cool:

Drknows
01-08-2008, 12:18 PM
HAHA this idiot never stops stealing Ron Pauls Message.

LFOD
01-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh Jesus, Fox news just said the same about Huckabee -

"Radical concept, no other candidate backing it!"

What a world.

AUUGHGH! I wrote to the Times writer. If you do, DONT BE ABUSIVE!

Let's consider the potential "upside" to the increasing copycatting we're seeing. It spreads RPs ideas, and increases their acceptance, or at least a willingness to regard them as not "fringe" ideas, by Joe Shmoe voter. This works to our advantage because it knocks down another obstacle to RP in many people's minds - the notion that RPs ideas are "fringe" and not even worth considering.

This is precisely why what's needed is more of a push of RP's original and unique positions in advertising, not stuff that sound more "conventional" and "acceptable" to Bushie Republicans. The others are now copying the "unconventional". Let's show them who the real originator was.

filmmaker58
01-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Like RP says. lipservice to it, but nothing to back it up.

Kingfisher
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM
R.P. needs to bring up the fact that he's been a champion of the constitution for 30 years, not 30 days!

JPFromTally
01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Uhh... check this out:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018416.html

mosquitobite
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
SEARCH PEOPLE SEARCH!!

Why do we have to have so many duplicates here?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=81370

If nothing else, before you post something PLEASE hit new posts to make sure you can't post your opinion on an already ongoing topic!

Sorry, it's just this board is becoming so chaotic because people just won't SEARCH!

Danny Molina
01-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I just emailed the writer.

JayDH
01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Posted on Drudge:

Mike Huckabee wants to amend the Constitution to prevent children born in the U.S. to illegal aliens from automatically becoming American citizens, according to his top immigration surrogate — a radical step no other major presidential candidate has embraced.

"a radical step no other major presidential candidate has embraced"?

That is ridiculous!! Let's email sdinan@washingtontimes.com and tell him the truth!!

Ethek
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
yes. Yes we know.

rollingpig
01-08-2008, 12:51 PM
what part of thou shall not steal doesnt he understand?

justinc.1089
01-08-2008, 12:52 PM
They did the same thing when he talked about phasing out the income tax. Paul had been saying it forever, and when Huckabee said it he is the first one to say it.:rolleyes: Its an outrage. Something needs to be done with the media.

I am of course all for free speech, but the media STOPS free speech by censoring stuff. But then they are a private company, so its touchy. Personally I see censorship and slander in the media as a violation of free speech though, so I don't think they have the right to do it.

Also I think we need to keep in mind freedom of the press a long time ago was the same as freedom of the internet today. Massive television media is something new, and I think even though they are selling a product, I suppose, they still can't violate free speech because that is their product.

Idk I really wish we had a congress of Ron Paul's to address this issue because the media is wildly and insanely out of control now.

walt
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM
for months I've said this would happen - nobody wanted to listen - this is clinton / tsongas all over again...

coffeewithchess
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
RP's campaign may be all over this...lol, yea right!

Aratus
10-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Mike Huckabee seems to have had two separate stances on this issue!