PDA

View Full Version : Never give in, Never give up

rockandrollsouls
01-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I know this has probably been mentioned too many times, but do you think we could convince Doctor Paul to run as a third party candidate if worst comes to worst? I have to say, we know many people do not vote, and even more do not bother with precincts and primaries. Honestly, I think some supporters missed their chance to voice their opinion. I know with my whole heart his support is much more vast; he's excited people who have never been excited and they just can't wrap their mind around how it all works yet. I'm positive if his name is still on the ballot, he can do well. "Build it and they will come".

What do you all think? I'm desperate, like I'm sure most of you are, to see Ron Paul in the race until the very bitter end. Doctor Paul's support only grows...can we show him that? I'm sorry if someone thinks I'm spamming, but it truly does tear me up inside to know this great man would give up if he does not receive the GOP nomination, so much so I had to get it off my chest.

Can we create a mainstream poll of some sort? Something along the lines of "If Ron Paul ran as an 3rd party, would you, regardless of your political affiliation, vote for him?" Doctor Paul needs to believe in us like we believe in him!

Mises
01-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Cheer up. I can tell you that I've followed Ron Paul for well over five years now. He has long been the only politician that I've respected.

When he announced his candidacy, the first thought that went through my mind was 3rd party. In my opinion, his strategy has always been to enter the Republican nomination race in order to get his message out on national television, raise money, garner support, so that he could run 3rd party when he doesn't win the nomination. I didn't think he could win the nomination.

I have seen or heard nothing to convince me that this is not his strategy.

BUT, I never believed he would get as high as 10% in Iowa, or that he would raise this kind of money. I had no idea there were as many people out there who feel the same way I do. In my opinion, we are doing far, far better than I would have ever predicted a year ago. It's still early, and a lot can happen in the next four months, 3rd party or not.

rockandrollsouls
01-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I completely agree that Ron Paul is doing incredible, and to add, will pick up steam...which is exactly why I'd be let down if he didn't go 3rd party if need be. It just seems so discouraging to spread this message, excite people, and offer hope only to let it end prematurely when it doesn't have to.