PDA

View Full Version : Obama is Taking Our Independents - HOW TO TAKE THEM BACK AND WIN MICHIGAN!

dsentell
01-08-2008, 10:22 AM
This gentleman from Norway has some excellent ideas on converting Obama supporters to RP. Take a few minutes to study his video and then put the ideas into action in Michigan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNl3uvPlleM

The Plan
01-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I thought obama was off the ballot in Michigan
Am i wrong?

rs3515
01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Am i wrong?

You are correct. Hillary is the only major Democratic candidate on the ballot.

dsentell
01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Am i wrong?

Exactly right, but he has supporters there. Make sure they convert to RP and go vote in the primary!

DAFTEK
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
wooow, Why is obama of the ballot? I'm lost here i don't get it?

dsentell
01-08-2008, 10:55 AM
wooow, Why is obama of the ballot? I'm lost here i don't get it?

It is my understanding that Obama did not do whatever was necessary to be on the ballot in Michigan (I may be wrong here).

The point is that nonetheless, he has supporters there and we need to convert them to RP and make sure they go and vote for RP in the primary . . .

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
...he has supporters there and we need to convert them to RP and make sure they go and vote for RP in the primary . . .

if they aren't already registered republican i don't think they can vote in the republican primary... is this correct?

rs3515
01-08-2008, 11:12 AM
It is my understanding that Obama did not do whatever was necessary to be on the ballot in Michigan (I may be wrong here).

Yes you are completely wrong. This has to do with Michigan trying to gain more importance in their primary by moving up to January 15. In doing so, the Democratic National Committee penalized the state by taking away half their delegates. They also recommended for each candidate to consider boycotting the primary by not registering.

Clinton did so against the Democratic Party wishes. All the other candidates except Gravel and Kucinich followed DNC orders. Kucinich had already filed, then asked to have his named removed from the ballot. Michigan denied his request and he is listed on the ballot even though he did not want to be.

It's all party politics.

rs3515
01-08-2008, 11:12 AM
if they aren't already registered republican i don't think they can vote in the republican primary... is this correct?

Noooooo .... Michigan is an open primary. Anyone can vote for who they like. Just like the general election.

dsentell
01-08-2008, 11:19 AM

Michigan is an open primary state. So registered Democrats may vote for a Republican.

Reel in those Obama supporters . . . . !

jdmetz
01-08-2008, 11:25 AM
How about we just get Obama to tell his MI supporters to vote Ron Paul in the primary? ;)

Eponym_mi
01-08-2008, 11:32 AM
How about we just get Obama to tell his MI supporters to vote Ron Paul in the primary? ;)

He'd never do that.

dawnbt
01-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Am i wrong?

The media here is telling democratic voters to vote "Uncommitted"!

dawnbt
01-08-2008, 11:35 AM

NO, you can vote for anyone you want. You don't have to switch your party with the state.

Naraku
01-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I contacted a Facebook member in Michigan who supports Obama and told him about the ballot issues and how Democrats won't have delegates. He said he'd spread the word.

MrCobaltBlue
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Dey tuk er jerbs!

mosquitobite
01-08-2008, 12:41 PM
I contacted a Facebook member in Michigan who supports Obama and told him about the ballot issues and how Democrats won't have delegates. He said he'd spread the word.

This is what we NEED to do people!!!!! Let's take this country!! :D

HillbillyDan
01-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Sounds like a plan. Where do I get phone lists for MI?

familydog
01-09-2008, 07:34 AM
This is a perfect opprotunity for a dem protest vote against the neocons.

PaultheSaint
01-09-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, some official commericals may help?

WTF?

Can the RP campaign really afford to sit back and be conservative with their campaign funds at this point? Maybe it's time to dump some money in the next couple of States.

noztnac
01-09-2008, 08:36 AM
I thought the votes for Democrats in Michigan were going to not count because of their moving the date up. Is that not the case? If it is the case why would anyone in their right mind vote for a democrat?

rtil
01-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I hope Michigan people are working hard to get independent votes! We had a good percentage of them in Iowa and a decent one in NH.

brumans
01-09-2008, 12:46 PM
I hope Michigan people are working hard to get independent votes! We had a good percentage of them in Iowa and a decent one in NH.

Independent vote? There isn't many of those.. this is an OPEN primary, and has always been. Most people, including myself, are not affiliated with a party because we don't need to be.

makrothymia
01-09-2008, 01:04 PM
I've been trying to get a youtube made of footage concerning Dr.Paul's ideology vs. Obama's.

Or even a website. I emailed Lymon who's responsible for the teaparty07, and a few people from youtube who have made some good videos of Dr. Paul.

If I were tech savvy, I would be on top of it. Alas, I am not. Spread the word. We have a thread running on Grassroots Campaign Projects Help Wanted Website.. something like that ...I try to update there.