PDA

View Full Version : Immigration dominates GOP issues in S.C.

Bradley in DC
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Immigration dominates GOP issues in S.C.
As Jan. 19 primary nears, candidates putting focus on controversial topic

http://www.thestate.com/local/story/277053.html

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the input. We're making sure to feature his stance on illegal immigration prominently in this newspaper ad, as well as to tie it in with the locality of South Carolina by directly referencing Beaufort County's recent ordinance to deter illegal immigration by forcing corporations to remove the incentive for it to happen. :D

noztnac
01-09-2008, 04:28 AM
I'm from South Carolina and immigration is far, far, far from my top list.

thisisgiparti
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Ron Paul has sponsored legislation that would amend the Constitution to limit birthright citizenship.

AgentPaul001
01-10-2008, 04:08 AM
I'm hoping (and expecting) the Republican candidates to really hammer Huckabee on immigration now that he's the frontrunner and his immigration stance is so soft.

McCain/Huckabee/Paul are the only candidates rising in South Carolina (albeit they are around 20% and we are at 5%), but things can change fast.

stewie3128
01-10-2008, 04:52 AM
"In South Carolina, an ETV/Winthrop University poll found immigration was a chief concern among Republicans; 18 percent listed it as their top issue. Iraq came in second with 16 percent."

Funny how they sensationalize these article titles: 18% over 16% is hardly "dominating."

I'm not saying it's an unimportant issue to SC, just that "dominating" is such a silly word to use. :)

noztnac
01-12-2008, 08:22 AM
I bet those polls didn't ask about states rights. That would easily be the number one issue in SC.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Ron Paul has sponsored legislation that would amend the Constitution to limit birthright citizenship.

His plan is to stop subsidizing what keeps the illegals in place. Take away the jobs, the social services, the health care, they're deport themselves. It's brilliant! Be sure to use the word subsidizing. It's been a hit online with people. They're going to take a look at Paul's website.

Jimmy
01-12-2008, 09:09 AM
I've seen the Ron Paul immagration TV ads running in SC :D

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 09:11 AM
I've seen the Ron Paul immagration TV ads running in SC :D

Can you find a youtube? I have parents there.

Jimmy
01-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Can you find a youtube? I have parents there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4kc6Hi5DA

This is the one running I have seen....before that he had another running about his military service, gun record,has never voted to raised taxes,ect....the above one is better for area

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4kc6Hi5DA

This is the one running I have seen....before that he had another running about his military service, gun record,has vote raised taxes,ect....the above one is better for area

Ah. They've seen that one. Thanks.

Ethek
01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Honestly.. why is John McCain leading in this state? Mr Amnesty himself has bamboozled an entire state.

Jimmy
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Honestly.. why is John McCain leading in this state? Mr Amnesty himself has bamboozled an entire state.

Its very hard to believe....I have meet no one that likes McCain. Huckabee and Fred are another story. Also Romney hade ALOT of super professional ads running earlier....but since have stopped running. Never run into a Romney supporter either...but I'm sure those ads help led a few sheep. Haven't seen any ads lately except Hillary and Ron Paul.
Honestly most folks I talk to are fed up with elections and have the "I'm not voting for any of those bastards" and "What difference would it make" attitude....I've converted a few I'd like to beleive.