PDA

View Full Version : I support Mike Huckabee's transformation into Ron Paul

Pete Kay
01-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Mike Huckabee has been completely taking huge pieces of Ron Paul's platform and using them as his own. A lot of Ron Paul's supporters are mad about this. I was too at first, but then I thought about what this movement is all about. It's not about Ron Paul. It's about saving America.

Many of Ron Paul's supporters have come from all kinds of divergent political backgrounds, from liberals to neo-cons to anarchists, but we have all arrived at the same place more or less with our shared vision for America's future. So why not Mike Huckabee too? Look at the last debates. Watch how he totally was studying Ron Paul, and was the only one to not attack him. Huckabee wants to be Ron Paul. He's on the trail now criticizing the Federal Reserve and even criticized Bush a few weeks ago. He's trying to rework himself as a Constitutionalist. And people are buying it.

This may seem dishonest of Huckabee and maybe it is, but isn't one of our main goals here to make Ron Paul's ideas mainstream? Well, Huck is doing that. It may seem unfair, but when Huck speaks of Ron Paul's ideas, people seem to listen, yet when Ron Paul says the exact same thing, people call him a kook. The fact is, Huckabee is just a much better communicator than Ron. I have often wished that Ron Paul had Huckabee's speaking skills; he'd be winning in all the polls if he did.

Huckabee has seen Ron Paul's supporters and his fundraising prowess. He knows that he had no solid positions and adopted Ron's. Why would I support this? Because in the battle for ideas, we need more people on our side. If Huckabee were to come out and openly praise Ron Paul, then think about how great that would be for the movement.

What if Ron Paul became Mike Huckabee's mentor? Could you support a shifty politician like Huck, knowing he was just an apprentice to the master?

newmedia4ron
01-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Hes just sayin the rehtoric for votes.

Huckabee sucks and has no chance to win the genreal election.

Hes just a panderer and will always be one.

scooter
01-08-2008, 08:30 AM
It's like paying "lip service" to the Constitution. He'll say what he thinks people want to hear. Ron Paul would actually get it done.

Ginobili
01-08-2008, 08:30 AM

Exactly. He is being a politican, speaking out of one side, and doing the exact opposite.

Train
01-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Except Huckabee doesn't really mean anything he says!

Ethek

Yeah, I do not think he is serious at all.

RPinSEAZ
Mike Huckabee says whatever gets him elected. I don't believe for a second that he has the restraint to not try to run my life.

Thumper
In a word, no. All of these candidates that are stealing pieces of RP's platform are just spamming the message and diluting it at the same time. If elected they will in no way follow through with any of it. They are politicians (liars) and will say anything they have to in order to steal votes.

itshappening
01-08-2008, 08:32 AM
thumper is right,. they're not sincere

tsetsefly
Except Huckabee doesn't really mean anything he says!

exactly, if there would be a god he would send suckabee to hell early for being a compulsive liar...

cmc
I would vote for anyone who sincerely tried to follow RP's views. Unfortunately, a guy like Huck would simply jettison his libertarian rhetoric as soon as he got into office and start down a neocon or theocrat path.

laurak
01-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Huckabee will say 'anything' if he is sure it will fetch some support..he is the epitome of moral and ideological bankruptcy..

JS4Pat
If he means it - then I would consider supporting him sometime down the road.

However, based on his atrocious record - I seriously doubt that he means it.

BreakYourChains
Mike Huckabee has been completely taking huge pieces of Ron Paul's platform and using them as his own. A lot of Ron Paul's supporters are mad about this. I was too at first, but then I thought about what this movement is all about. It's not about Ron Paul. It's about saving America.

Many of Ron Paul's supporters have come from all kinds of divergent political backgrounds, from liberals to neo-cons to anarchists, but we have all arrived at the same place more or less with our shared vision for America's future. So why not Mike Huckabee too? Look at the last debates. Watch how he totally was studying Ron Paul, and was the only one to not attack him. Huckabee wants to be Ron Paul. He's on the trail now criticizing the Federal Reserve and even criticized Bush a few weeks ago. He's trying to rework himself as a Constitutionalist. And people are buying it.

This may seem dishonest of Huckabee and maybe it is, but isn't one of our main goals here to make Ron Paul's ideas mainstream? Well, Huck is doing that. It may seem unfair, but when Huck speaks of Ron Paul's ideas, people seem to listen, yet when Ron Paul says the exact same thing, people call him a kook. The fact is, Huckabee is just a much better communicator than Ron. I have often wished that Ron Paul had Huckabee's speaking skills; he'd be winning in all the polls if he did.

Huckabee has seen Ron Paul's supporters and his fundraising prowess. He knows that he had no solid positions and adopted Ron's. Why would I support this? Because in the battle for ideas, we need more people on our side. If Huckabee were to come out and openly praise Ron Paul, then think about how great that would be for the movement.

What if Ron Paul became Mike Huckabee's mentor? Could you support a shifty politician like Huck, knowing he was just an apprentice to the master?

Sorry, he is only saying what he thinks is resonating with the people. He sees us, and wants the same energy. He is a fraud, and a typical lying politician. We do not want him. He wants to keep going to war. Please, don't fall for the hype so easily.

tsetsefly
01-08-2008, 08:34 AM

I would vote kucinic before i vote for that lying sack of shit ...

DAFTEK
01-08-2008, 08:34 AM
HUCKABEE SUCKS! I will put RON PAUL On my ballot, nuf said...........

proximity
01-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Any changes a candidates makes at this point isn't genuine. It's just BS to get more votes.

UnReconstructed
01-08-2008, 08:36 AM
The only thing that Mike Huckabee has said that I believe is in the beginning when asked if his religion would guide him and he stated that he would always make decisions based on his personal feelings and convictions.

To me, that said it all. This man feels that he is above the law.

We need to watch for those types of questions in the future and pay close attention to the responses given.

The right answer is "I will make all my decisions according to the supreme law of the land without regard to my own personal ideas."

rg123
01-08-2008, 08:37 AM

I don't think so. How many times do you see Ron holding dead birds up by the neck and spouting off if you don't vote for me you end up like this dead bird. Huckabee is a evil bastard and should be locked up people have died because of his irresponsibilty with releasing rapist and killers into the streets. Its not about Rons speaking skills its about tv air time and constantly being told that he does not exist. If it wasn't for the people behind anderson cooper last night on cnn with rp signs no one would even know he existed because that is the way they want it

SeanEdwards
01-08-2008, 08:39 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zNCrMEOqHpc

in4one
01-08-2008, 08:40 AM
It's all about TRACK RECORD.

Post Script: stop pretending that you support Ron Paul and go back to Huckabee forums

Menthol Patch
01-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Anyone who thinks Huckabee is anything other than a big government neo-con is an idiot. The ONLY reason he is mentioning the constitution and small government is to try and get votes! Do I need to REFRESH your memory about this guy?

1) He has NO desire to reduce the size of government. He supports the alphabet agencies and the FED!

2) He wants to REPLACE the income tax with a HUGE 23% sales tax! He has a track record of RAISING taxes and supporting ALL SORTS of taxes!

3) He supports the war on drugs and wants to BAN cigarettes!

4) He talks about conditioning people's behavior!

5) He supports the war on terror and the war in Iraq!

6) He supports the Patriot Act and other violations of our rights and freedoms!

The blunt truth is that Huckabee is a MONSTER!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Mike Huckabee has been completely taking huge pieces of Ron Paul's platform and using them as his own.

It would be great if it weren't lies. The other candidates would love to have a dedicated following like Paul. Huckabee isn't figuring out that Paul is right. He thinks paying lip service to things will steal votes from Paul. Fortunately, it won't.

Menthol Patch
01-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Pete Key needs to go back to Hucks Army.

WilliamC
01-08-2008, 08:44 AM
While I don't believe any politician who's voting record doesn't back up their rhetoric, I don't think it is a bad thing in general for them to be talking about limited government, the Constitution, eliminating the income tax, ect. No, Huckabee wouldn't necessarily follow through on what he says, and yes, tactically it would be better if Huckabee didn't change his positions to those of Ron Pauls, but I agree with the OP that the big win is to change the direction of the country. Getting Ron Paul into the White House would be the best way to do this, but if that doesn't happen then getting the electorate exposed to Ron Paul's positions is the next best thing.

LivingFree
01-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I do not. He is not genuine about what he says. His campaign people saw how effective the truth is and stole it for their purposes.

icon124
01-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Remember the line RP had in the debate....key point was lip service....that's what mike is doing

WilliamC
01-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Also, don't forget to check out the Liberty Candidate sub-forum on this site. Here is where we can promote real Ron Paul Republican's.

Pete Kay
01-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Damn, you guys really hate you some Huckabee.

I'm just trhowing out thoughts here. You know, free exchange of ideas?

I don't support Huckabee, but even though he is a liar, I think the fact that he promotes these idea is a good thing. I want these ideas to be mainstream. I want uneducated bumpkins to understand these ideas. That's what this is all about.

Menthol Patch
01-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Damn, you guys really hate you some Huckabee.

I'm just trhowing out thoughts here. You know, free exchange of ideas?

I don't support Huckabee, but even though he is a liar, I think the fact that he promotes these idea is a good thing. I want these ideas to be mainstream. I want uneducated bumpkins to understand these ideas. That's what this is all about.

Everyone should hate Huckabee and all the other neo-cons! None of them care about freedom, liberty, or small government!

Menthol Patch
01-08-2008, 08:54 AM
I do not. He is not genuine about what he says. His campaign people saw how effective the truth is and stole it for their purposes.

How can anyone who is not a TRAITOR and TREASONOUS get ADVICE from the head of the CFR Richard Haass!?

Huckabee obviously supports giving our nation away to the globalists!

DrNoZone
01-08-2008, 08:56 AM
The OP is right, but with one problem: Huckabee is a liar, a snake and a typical politician who will say ANYTHING to get elected. He may parrot Paul on the talking points, but I assure you, he has NO plan of implementing any of it.

stevedasbach
01-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Actually this is good. Think about it. If Huck is promoting Ron Paul's message, then when it becomes clear that Huck can't win and he drops out, his supporters will find Ron Paul the closest to their views.

We can last longer than Huck because we will continue to support Ron Paul irrespective of polls, election results, etc. It's a war of attrition and we aim to make sure Paul is the last man standing.

NoMoreApathy
01-08-2008, 08:57 AM

I understand what you're saying, but regardless of what Huckabee says, and the fact that his supporters LIKE the ideas he's stealing from Ron, if votes go to Huckabee, and RP doesn't get the nomination, it doesn't really MATTER what the voters wanted, because they won't be getting it with anyone else besides Ron. And I know you have to know that. This may be our last chance in this country.

Candidates have been telling the voters what they want to hear since the beginning of time. It'll never stop, so long as the voters continue to fall for it.

brumans
01-08-2008, 09:06 AM

Yes, I'm going to start using that :)

People say that Ron Paul doesn't have a chance... none of the other Republicans BESIDES Ron Paul have a chance in the General Election to win against a democrat.

Pete Kay
01-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I understand what you're saying, but regardless of what Huckabee says, and the fact that his supporters LIKE the ideas he's stealing from Ron, if votes go to Huckabee, and RP doesn't get the nomination, it doesn't really MATTER what the voters wanted, because they won't be getting it with anyone else besides Ron. And I know you have to know that. This may be our last chance in this country.

Candidates have been telling the voters what they want to hear since the beginning of time. It'll never stop, so long as the voters continue to fall for it.

I agree with that assessment. I was just pointing out that Huckabee was starting to become a idealogical ally to Ron Paul. Even if Huckabee doesn't mean what he says, that fact that he says it, gives so much more credibility to Ron Paul's stances in the eyes of the media and the public. Huckabee has even used Ron's "printing money" rhetoric.

And when I say support, I don't mean I support his run for President, I mean I support his transformation.

gjdavis60
01-08-2008, 09:14 AM
And so what do we make of Huckabee's past behavior and remarks? Do we just give him a mulligan because he is mouthing some of RP's positions? Will he now genuflect before the Constitution and testify that he has been born again (and yet again)?

He will be eviscerated as a hypocrite - and rightly so - if he continues to campaign on positions he has never supported.

Used car salesmen have more integrity.

NoMoreApathy
01-08-2008, 09:15 AM
What I don't get is EVERYONE knows that politicians lie. I've never talked to anyone about politics without hearing "yeah, well, they all lie anyway to get votes".

So with that being the case, I wonder why when it comes time to VOTE, people forgot all the political discussions they had in the past where they said politicians lie, and they vote for someone based on what they SAY.

I just wish people would actually do some HOMEWORK on a candidate, not just watch the news and listen to stump speeches.

You can't say you know all politicians lie, and then pick one based on what they SAY. That makes no sense.

Menthol Patch
01-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I agree with that assessment. I was just pointing out that Huckabee was starting to become a idealogical ally to Ron Paul. Even if Huckabee doesn't mean what he says, that fact that he says it, gives so much more credibility to Ron Paul's stances in the eyes of the media and the public. Huckabee has even used Ron's "printing money" rhetoric.

And when I say support, I don't mean I support his run for President, I mean I support his transformation.

THERE IS NO TRANSFORMATION!

Huckabee does NOT believe in small government.

Huckabee does NOT believe in liberty and freedom.

Huckabee does NOT care about the constitution.

This is absolutely clear! Don't call his recent political pandering a "transformation" when it is NOT!

DAFTEK
01-08-2008, 09:16 AM
WHEN YOU LIE IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU TRANSFORM! WTF people, this thread makes me sick! Get out and wave a sign

Menthol Patch
01-08-2008, 09:18 AM
WHEN YOU LIE IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU TRANSFORM! WTF people, this thread makes me sick! Get out and wave a sign

This thread is making me sick too!

It's like President Bush calling for a small government before he got elected and now look what we have: massive spending, massive debt, collapsing dollar, and high inflation!

It's also like Nancy Pelosi stating that she wanted to end the war before she got elected and then not doing a single darn thing!

Chester Copperpot
01-08-2008, 09:19 AM
It's like paying "lip service" to the Constitution. He'll say what he thinks people want to hear. Ron Paul would actually get it done.

+1776

deloreanz
01-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Actually this is good. Think about it. If Huck is promoting Ron Paul's message, then when it becomes clear that Huck can't win and he drops out, his supporters will find Ron Paul the closest to their views.

We can last longer than Huck because we will continue to support Ron Paul irrespective of polls, election results, etc. It's a war of attrition and we aim to make sure Paul is the last man standing.

If Huckabee does drop out this would be good for RP since most of those voters would probably convert to RP. This is a possibility, but I think advocating support for Huckabee based on the fact that he is telling people what they want to hear, is very dangerous.

It boils down to this simple question: If Ron and Huck had the same message, who would you trust? Given RP's stellar history and Hucks lack there of, I think this question is a no brainer. And as someone else mentioned, politicians have been telling people what they want to hear since the beginning of time. Look at that candidate's history and you'll get a better idea of what they are really like.

sstarch1
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Dear Mr. Dinan,

Please reconsider your statement in the January 8, 2008 article in the Washington Times.

You wrote:

“Mike Huckabee wants to amend the Constitution to prevent children born in the U.S. to illegal aliens from automatically becoming American citizens, according to his top immigration surrogate — a radical step no other major presidential candidate has embraced.”

This statement is completely false.

Republican Candidate Dr. Ron Paul has advocated this position on immigration throughout this campaign.

The evidence for such can be found here: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/border-security-and-immigration-reform/ ;and I quote:

“End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong. “

And also here, http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/130/rethinking-birthright-citizenship/ in an article written on October 2, 2006 where Dr. Paul states:

“I’ve introduced legislation that would amend the Constitution and end automatic birthright citizenship. The 14th amendment was ratified in 1868, on the heels of the Civil War. The country, especially the western territories, was wide open and ripe for homesteading. There was no welfare state to exploit, and the modern problems associated with immigration could not have been imagined.

Our founders knew that unforeseen problems with our system of government would arise, and that’s precisely why they gave us a method for amending the Constitution. It’s time to rethink birthright citizenship by amending the 14th amendment.”

Thus not only has Dr. Paul advocated this position during his presidential campaign, he has also introduced a bill to that affect!

Something else to consider in light of your article is a column by Joy Lin of CBS News written yesterday: “Huckabee Sounding A Little Like Ron Paul”, where Ms. Lin implies that Mr. Huckabee has adopted a very similar rhetoric to Dr. Paul on the issue of the economy and inflation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/01/06/politics/fromtheroad/entry3680193.shtml

While I agree with the fact that Mr. Huckabee’s newfound position on immigration is very important to report, please also consider the potentially larger story of how and why these positions are now coming to light.

With best regards,

Deborah K
01-08-2008, 09:24 AM

This is unbelievable. Just what makes you think for one minute anyone who would hijack someone elses ideas and pass them as his own would be honorable enough to fullfill the agenda once he's in office? Please.

flannerywannabe
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Ditto that Huckster is just playing up to perceived voter wishes. His record provides no reason to consider the switch sincere.

moostraks
01-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I was just pointing out that Huckabee was starting to become a idealogical ally to Ron Paul. Even if Huckabee doesn't mean what he says, that fact that he says it, gives so much more credibility to Ron Paul's stances in the eyes of the media and the public. Huckabee has even used Ron's "printing money" rhetoric.

Beagle Eyes is listening to Bunny Ears.

Remember this!! He is doing this because if he can dilute the message people will vote for the one with the most name recognition. He is stealing Paul's message because he knows it resonates with people. Huckabee is a quick study. He cannot speak with confidence on any subject at large without stealing the material. He couldn't even fill up his time limit in the Saturday debate because he doesn't think- he just regurgitates others ideas.

I would never ever ever EVER vote for Huckabee!!! The record of a candidate and past deeds do matter. The man has a morbid view on life and is the furthest thing from being a Christian...

Dieseler
01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Huckabee will make Bush look like your Sunday school teacher.

shadowhooch
01-08-2008, 11:54 AM

No, see George W Bush's speeches before HE got in office. He actually sounded a lot like Ron Paul too. I want someone who walks the walk, not just talks the talk.

DeafPalmdale
01-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Maybe someone need to write to the newspaper ads which Huckabee have been a copycat:

1. Christmas TV ads
2. Remove IRS
3. Ending birthright citizenship for illegal aliens
4. Money bomb
5. "personal liberty"
6. "debt and printing money"

Just add each one of the list when Dr. Paul said it and Huckabee's with the dates.

thisisgiparti
01-08-2008, 12:08 PM
If you guys keep rallying behind this hick, you've essentially voted this country down the shitter. Then in the event that birthright citizenship is eradicated, I will sell some lucky Mexican mine for 20K. I am getting the hell out of this country. Wars and public education have given us a confederacy of dunces.

angrydragon
01-08-2008, 12:09 PM
That guy is such a fake, I don't believe a word Huckabee says.

Airborn
01-08-2008, 12:29 PM
This is all to buy votes. He is hoping that Ron Paul will drop out soon, and we all come flocking his way. He knows He could do really well, if he can get the RP supporters if RP drops out.

DONT BUY IT! He would not even try to get any of the ideas he is ripping off of Paul into a bill.

klamath
01-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Though I agree that this is about ideas and changing peoples ideas I agree with all the other posters in that Huck has no credibility and something is creepy about him. What we don't want is a man of bad moral charactor using RP's ideas and corrupting them. When a corrupt politician fails he is taking the ideas down with him.

Do we want Our ideals destroyed in the voters minds because a bad man took them to win? We have to push our ideals with someone that has honor and integrity.