PDA

View Full Version : Bullshit reply from local Fox affiliate?

robofx
01-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Local Fox affiliate replied to my complaint thusly:

-----QUOTE-----
You are confused as to who is airing the forum. The FOX CABLE Network
is airing that. We are affiliated with the FOX BROADCAST Network. You
need to contact News Corp to lodge your complaint.
-----ENDQUOTE-----

Is this correct? My reply came from the email address comments@sbgi.net but when you go to http://www.sbgi.net there's a Fox logo.

The local affiliate I complained to about Ron's exclusion was http://www.wpgh53.com

Dlynne
01-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Yes, that is correct. Several Fox affiliates disagreed with the main Fox's decision, but they have no input into the decision made by main Fox.

tgannaway89
01-08-2008, 08:29 AM
The affiliate networks have no control over the Fox News network. It has been posted a billion times on these forums but for some reason everyone keeps ignoring it.

bobbysheldon
01-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Yes, that is correct. Several Fox affiliates disagreed with the main Fox's decision, but they have no input into the decision made by main Fox.

Right but that doesn't make them immune from repricussions regarding the decision. Unfortunately they have alligned themselves with fox and the Murdock empire. Just because they are pawns doesn't excuse them for still being on the losing team.

Lets take for example a Toyota dealer. Independantly owned but alligned with Toyota. Unfortunately for them...Toyota's new line of cars he's selling spontaneously explode upon having an infant put into them. This is most unfortunate and out of the control of the dealer. But I can guarantee that his customers are still going to be pissed at him and probably boycot his dealership based on the enormous screw up from Fox...I mean toyota. Perhaps he should think about affilliating himself with another producer. One that does not kill small children.

ceakins
01-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Fox still get's money from them, it's no different than boycotting products being advertised on Faux News. So yes boycott your local affiliates.

Local Fox affiliate replied to my complaint thusly:

-----QUOTE-----
You are confused as to who is airing the forum. The FOX CABLE Network
is airing that. We are affiliated with the FOX BROADCAST Network. You
need to contact News Corp to lodge your complaint.
-----ENDQUOTE-----

Is this correct? My reply came from the email address comments@sbgi.net but when you go to http://www.sbgi.net there's a Fox logo.

The local affiliate I complained to about Ron's exclusion was http://www.wpgh53.com

ceakins
01-08-2008, 08:57 AM
The affiliate networks have no control over the Fox News network. It has been posted a billion times on these forums but for some reason everyone keeps ignoring it.

Using this logic we shouldn't boycott products manufacturers for advertising on faux news. Be real, they still pay fox, so in essence it's the same as boycotting manufacturers.

Johncjackson
01-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I am going to boycott my local ABC because I didnt like something I saw on ESPN.

bobbysheldon
01-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I am going to boycott my local ABC because I didnt like something I saw on ESPN.

Yes quite right...The separation is meaningless. Boycotting the same organization no matter which faction or division still hurts the bottom line of the organization...which is the goal of the boycott. In your example espn would have to do something pretty terrible for it to transfer over to abc...but everyone knows the fox brand...and when they are all called the same thing it's a lot easier to distribute the pain all around the organization.

tgannaway89
01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
This affiliates have their own advertisers. Heck, they even compete with Fox News. They are not the same channel. They are both fighting for viewers. The affiliate simply pays to air broadcasts produced by Fox (Family Guy, etc.) It would be like boycotting all newspapers advertisers because you are boycotting the Associated Press. To boycott the massive number of advertisers you are talking about... well you will not be leaving your house much ;)

John E
01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that third parties like Heart own some of these local fox stations. The Heart ABC affiliate in NH has been very kind to us.