PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul on Boortz show at 1020 EST [edited by Mod: Canceled by campaign]

bdillahu
01-08-2008, 06:52 AM
According to WSB radio (Boortz's home station in Atlanta), Dr. Paul will be on his show from New Hampshire at 10:20 this morning.

http://www.wsbradio.com should have it streaming I think.

Ethek
01-08-2008, 07:40 AM
ruh-oh. Despite claiming himself as diehard libertarian Boortz has it in for Dr. Paul. Hes gone all neocon on us.

walt
01-08-2008, 08:03 AM
wow that show has huge distribution - get the word out in MI, SC, FL

http://boortz.com/contact/syndication.html

evadmurd
01-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Cool. We survived Beck and O'Reily. Time to take on another pseudo-libertarian neocon. No problem.

AgentPaul001
01-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Well Boortz used to be somewhat fair to Paul at least on nearly all Fiscal policy issues and just about everything except for the War. However, he's been mixed on Paul supporters attacking them sometimes (Although his update from New Hampshire, made our supporters out to be "affable", not really all the rude or mean so maybe thats a good thing) or just being sort of neutral.

I'd like to see Boortz admit that he agrees with the majority of Paul's issues aside fromt he War obviously which is a pretty big deal since Boortz does have a very large listening base, a few million I believe. And anything helps.

murrayrothbard
01-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Well Boortz used to be somewhat fair to Paul at least on nearly all Fiscal policy issues and just about everything except for the War. However, he's been mixed on Paul supporters attacking them sometimes (Although his update from New Hampshire, made our supporters out to be "affable", not really all the rude or mean so maybe thats a good thing) or just being sort of neutral.

I'd like to see Boortz admit that he agrees with the majority of Paul's issues aside fromt he War obviously which is a pretty big deal since Boortz does have a very large listening base, a few million I believe. And anything helps.

It's all about the "FairTax" w/Boortz. If RP was pimping the FairTax Boortz wouldn't be able to get enough of him.

MilitaryDave
01-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Hah! Maybe Ron can introduce the idea to Neil that once elected, he will cut government spending and pave to way to REPEAL the income tax, not replace it. While better than the income tax's redistribution of wealth, the Fair Tax still fuels big government and permits arbitrary tax hikes. Also, I wonder if the fair tax would further encourage the "Walmart" mentality ... ie, it's ok to export jobs and buy Asian products as long as I can get the low prices and pay less tax.

MilitaryDave
01-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Cool. We survived Beck and O'Reily. Time to take on another pseudo-libertarian neocon. No problem.

Ron Paul also got a fair shake interview on Sean Hannity's radio show on 2 Jan. Ron tried to make Sean eat crow (concerning post-debate call-in polls), but other than that Sean was actually complimentary of Ron's platform, minus his stance on the war.

scubasteve01
01-08-2008, 08:36 AM
I can't seem to open the live stream on their website, a smaller window opens but firefox just wants to save the asp page, IE says page cannot be displayed. Anyone else having problems?

WilliamC
01-08-2008, 08:38 AM
The more exposure the better.

Please Ron Paul do more local radio shows in large markets!

JMann
01-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Boortz will be fair. He will disagree on the war but he will let Paul give his opinion. They will agree on 'government' schools and most other issues. Paul will be willing to say he would support the 'fair' tax over the current income tax if that eliminates the IRS. This could be a very good thing for Paul but it does suck it didn't happen yesterday.

dshields
01-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I copied this from Boortz's site under Neal's Nuze, hopefully it will dominate the conversation:

"I would say that about 80 percent of the sign-wavers on the streets, and would you like to take a guess as to who the rudest and most abusive demonstrators are? You got it ... the Paulistas. The Ron Paul supporters. I've come to the conclusion that many of these Paul demonstrators come from the same ranks as those people who get out there and march whenever the world's leading economic powers get together to talk trade and economic cooperation. Thank goodness they don't recognize me as we walk buy. They spotted Hannity earlier this week and followed him down the street shouting obscenities. Nice folks."

wealeat
01-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Here is a link from my local station, hopefully we don't kill it.

http://webclust1.liquidcompass.cc/sos4stnrd/audio_player.php?id=WTAW

walt
01-08-2008, 09:17 AM
please start dailing in case he takes calls :)

lew
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM

walt
01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
wtf? he's not there.

Dlynne
01-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Paul's campaign called and cancelled the interview. I am getting so fed up. Sorry, but this is the way I feel.

StateofTrance
Throwing things at Hannity? Who is this moron on air?

lew

WilliamC
Hopefully he has something better going on

tsetsefly
01-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Paul's campaign and cancelled the interview. Terrific.

i hope its for a better interview...

avix123
WTF!? aww man come on Ron, man up!

wealeat
Man, RP doesn't go on, then they start in on the idiot Hannity bashers.

dshields
Don't jump all over the Campaign. This is Primary Day and elections are won in "LOCAL POLITICS" not on national radio shows. They are probably using their time more wisely.

Dave

libertyguy
They just announced that Ron won't be on....a call to the Paul campaign said that he won't be on the show and gave no reason. Bortz then went on to talk about how the Paul supporters attacked Hannity and threw things at him and yelled obscenities. What do you think about that!!!

Dlynne
01-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Throwing things at Hannity? Who is this moron on air?

They were throwing snowballs.

lew

pacelli
wtf? he's not there.

Nice job campaign. They pulled him at the last minute. What the fuck are they doing, trying to make him lose?

wealeat
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
haha, Boortz called out our supporter on his fake reason for the call.

JMann
Bad move to dis Boortz.

walt
Paul's campaign and cancelled the interview. Terrific.

http://www.canyouseethesunset.com/uploaded_images/paramore-riot.jpg

wealeat
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I like Boortz in some aspects. I really like talk radio altogether though.

dshields
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
They just announced that Ron won't be on....a call to the Paul campaign said that he won't be on the show and gave no reason. Bortz then went on to talk about how the Paul supporters attacked Hannity and threw things at him and yelled obscenities. What do you think about that!!!

Sounds like to me Boortz was going to discuss this and not campaign issues. Would have been a waste of time. Boortz doesn't get his rating without being an arse to people, so I highly doubt this interview would have been beneficial.

We are going to have to divorce the "traditional" media outlets and focus on things we can dominate like the Internet and of course canvassing.

Dave

JS4Pat
01-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Nice job campaign. They pulled him at the last minute. What the fuck are they doing, trying to make him lose?
Sometimes I wonder...

curtisag
Bad move to dis Boortz.

He's just another Neo-con, he's nobody special.

wealeat
This guy needs to stop talking. He leads off that he is a Ron Paul supporter, and then he goes off on Barack being killed if he is elected and saying that the country isn't ready for a black candidate.

Dlynne
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Sounds like to me Boortz was going to discuss this and not campaign issues. Would have been a waste of time. Boortz doesn't get his rating without being an arse to people, so I highly doubt this interview would have been beneficial.

We are going to have to divorce the "traditional" media outlets and focus on things we can dominate like the Internet and of course canvassing.

Dave

It is not right for the Paul campaign to cancel scheduled interviews at the last minute with no explanation. It shows a lack of respect for commitments. If people think this was a good move on the part of the Paul campaign, then we are in trouble.

dshields
01-08-2008, 09:30 AM
No, they're not. They fuck up CONSTANTLY.

I don't disagree with that. However, I think we overate what an idiot like Boortz says. He has mind numb followers that pretty much do as he says. Boortz was NOT going to all of the sudden support and endorse Paul. Regardless to him being fair to Paul on the show, the point is the conversation was going to be about his friend Hannity and his encounter with Paul supporters, which would have taken the focus off of the real campaign, which in my opinion hurts Paul.

Dave

Cyclone177
01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
F Neil Bootlicker Boortz. He takes his marching orders from the White House, just like all the rest of the War Hawk Radio Meisters.

http://insidecable.blogsome.com/2007/08/02/beck-hannity-meet-the-president/

The New York Daily News’ David Hinckley writes about conservative radio hosts meeting with President Bush yesterday…

For the second year in a row, President Bush called some of his closest radio friends to the White House for an off-the-record briefing and discussion.

Mark Levin and Sean Hannity of WABC (770 AM) were among the 10 conservative talk-radio hosts who met with Bush in the West Wing yesterday, according to Talkers magazine.

The others were Glenn Beck, Neal Boortz, Hugh Hewitt, Scott Hennen, Bill Bennett, Michael Medved, Lars Larsen and Janet Parshall.

jcbraithwaite7
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Ron Paul isn't even on the poll. That is BS... as always.

walt
Jessie Benton is operating from a frame of fear and not there is nothing to lose and everything to gain, he must be replaced soon or we are doomed as he makes enemies constantly with this last minute cancel shit.

canceling cspan the other day still has no explanation except pure stupidity.

quickmike
I don't disagree with that. However, I think we overate what an idiot like Boortz says. He has mind numb followers that pretty much do as he says. Boortz was NOT going to all of the sudden support and endorse Paul. Regardless to him being fair to Paul on the show, the point is the conversation was going to be about his friend Hannity and his encounter with Paul supporters, which would have taken the focus off of the real campaign, which in my opinion hurts Paul.

Dave

+1

dshields
01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
It is not right for the Paul campaign to cancel scheduled interviews at the last minute with no explanation. It shows a lack of respect for commitments. If people think this was a good move on the part of the Paul campaign, then we are in trouble.

I understand your point about commitments, but I am almost 100% positive Boortz only wanted Paul on the air after what happened to Hannity. Did you honestly want him on the air asking him to denounce his supporters for what they did? We all know Paul supports civil disobedience, so he would probably not denounce it and of course Boortz would use this to slant the view of Paul. The guy is a slander machine, which is why a lot of his audience listens to him.

Dave

Ethek
01-08-2008, 09:36 AM
We'll unfortunatly I think we can almost write off Georgia because of Boortz. Hes got a big audience of libertarian leaning people warped to his neocon slant. Its carved up the typical class of Paul supporter pretty well.

It would take a fundamental shift for Boortz to come around. Influencing him by talking about the economy and Dr. Paul's monetary policies would be the only way that would happen.

Danny
01-08-2008, 09:38 AM

Why should Paul do an interview that is blatently going to turn into a hit piece about his supporters and Hannity?

AgentPaul001
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Wow.....I'm amazed Boortz isn't slamming Paul right now. Believe me although Boortz is being a jackass right now in his daily news, it still wouldn't help having Boortz going off on the issue of being cancelled on at the last minute.

Still....I think it would help if more people knew some of Ron Paul's positions and I don't think this was a good move.

Henry
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Jessie Benton is operating from a frame of fear and not there is nothing to lose and everything to gain, he must be replaced soon or we are doomed as he makes enemies constantly with this last minute cancel shit.

canceling cspan the other day still has no explanation except pure stupidity.

This idiotic move is consistent! They have no confidence in their own candidate. Metaphorically speaking they’re playing the game not to lose instead of playing it to win. Inept!!:mad::mad::mad:

pacelli
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Ron Paul is in the room and he is talking to Ed Shultz. What the hell?

readyja
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Don't jump all over the Campaign. This is Primary Day and elections are won in "LOCAL POLITICS" not on national radio shows. They are probably using their time more wisely.

Dave

It's not like the campaign didn't know that today was primary day. Why set it up on that day instead if you can't do it?

readyja
01-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Why should Paul do an interview that is blatently going to turn into a hit piece about his supporters and Hannity?

Then he shouldn't have taken the interview invite to begin with. Just decline outright.

evadmurd
01-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I wish we could have connected with RP 10 years ago. Maybe he'd have a little more stamina for things like this.

rothnic
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Tuesday on the Ed Schultz Show

Gov. Bill Richardson, D-NM, joins the show to talk about the race for the White House.

Sen. Dick Durbin, D-IL, joins the show to talk about the Barack Obama surge.

Terry McAuliffe, Chair of the Hillary Clinton Campaign joins the show to talk about her campaign.

Actor Viggo Mortensen joins the show to discuss his frustration over Dennis Kucinich being blocked from the ABC debate.

Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-CA, joins the show to talk about the unfair media coverage.

Singer Melissa Etheridge joins the show to discuss her support for Dennis Kucinich.

No Ron Paul....I don't understand.

coffeewithchess
01-08-2008, 09:45 AM
So is it official that RP backed out and didn't do the interview?

webber53
01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Boortz has been snubbed! I am glad.
He is a Neocon cloaked as a Liberatarian.
He is a warmonger.

lew
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM

wealeat
01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
The press secretary apparently told Boortz that he has been too ugly about RP for Ron to be on.

Such a stupid reason to not get free publicity.

lew
01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
They just said they won't do the interview because Boortz has said negative things about Paul.

But Paul goes onto Fox News. And Paul isn't afraid to address criticism. This doesn't make any fucking sense.

Beck was very good to Paul when he was on. This was a good opportunity.

webber53
01-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Neal Boortz just said that Ron Paul will not do his show because Boortz has said so many
"bad things" about (Ron Paul) him and he will not be on. Boortz then goes on to say and I paraphrase
"Well that proves what I've been saying about him all along!"

Boortz is another Hannity as far as I'm concerned!

dshields
01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
It's not like the campaign didn't know that today was primary day. Why set it up on that day instead if you can't do it?

Do not take this as defense of the campaign because I definitely feel they have been ineffective!

However, who is to say that it wasn't a tentative engagement and Boortz in his arrogance assumed Paul would cancel any conflicts to make time for his show? There are two side to this. Having listened to Boortz for a long time I have become particularly turned off by his treatment of Ron Paul and his supporters in general. In my opinion, this is inline with Paul turning down Fox News on their recent requests to interview them. They have obviously shown their bias against him both in excluding him from the forum and their interviews so Ron Paul being a man of principle has decided not to indulge them. I would argue this applies to Neal Boortz as well.

Dave

Melissa
The press secretary apparently told Boortz that he has been too ugly about RP for Ron to be on.

Such a stupid reason to not get free publicity.

If this is why Dr. Paul pulled I for one am glad. I dont care how much you may not agree with some one on the issue but there is no reason for these reporters, radio show hosts, and tv personalities should be rude and call names. It is like none of them can even act like adults and then they yell foul when we call them names.

readyja
So the reason given for canceling is that Boortz has "said so many bad thing about Ron Paul on the radio, that they won't do the interview."

Ok, fine. But for pete's sake, DON'T ACCEPT THE INTERVIEW TO BEGIN WITH! Gads. Now it's just fodder for any political enemy to use, Boortz or otherwise.

Say what you want about Boortz being a NeoCon, unimportant, or whatever. It doesn't matter if it was Boortz or Billy-Bob's PoDunk Radio Show, the fact is that you don't take an interview, and then cancel at the last minute citing reasons that were clearly known to you beforehand.

Unprofessional, politically silly, and downright disappointing.

Jeff

Free Ron Paul Bumpersticker at The Liberty Project (http://www.thelibertyproject.com)

JS4Pat
01-08-2008, 09:52 AM

Is that really true?

If so, that is inexcusable!

He has to get his "unfiltered" message out to THAT audience - no matter how difficult an ass like Boortze makes it!!!

Dlynne
01-08-2008, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=wealeat;871353]The press secretary apparently told Boortz that he has been too ugly about RP for Ron to be on.

QUOTE]

The people who are not pro-Paul are exactly the people we need to reach. Forgive me, but I am so livid right now. Why won't Paul hire pros to run this campaign? This has to be about the fourth or fifth time that a scheduled media interview was cancelled at the last minute.

readyja
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
However, who is to say that it wasn't a tentative engagement and Boortz in his arrogance assumed Paul would cancel any conflicts to make time for his show? There are two side to this.
Dave

A valid point. Although it still looks bad, and it seems unlikely (but not impossible) that the schedule would remain tentative all the way through the proposed on-air time.

dshields
01-08-2008, 09:56 AM
So the reason given for canceling is that Boortz has "said so many bad thing about Ron Paul on the radio, that they won't do the interview."

Ok, fine. But for pete's sake, DON'T ACCEPT THE INTERVIEW TO BEGIN WITH! Gads. Now it's just fodder for any political enemy to use, Boortz or otherwise.
[/URL]

WE are ASSUMING that Ron Paul actually COMMITTED to the interview and didn't just give them a tentative commitment.

Dave

Danny
01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Then he shouldn't have taken the interview invite to begin with. Just decline outright.

Perhaps they didn't know what the topic of the interview was going to be until after they accepted it? Maybe the interview was only tentatively scheduled and was never official?

I think we need to give the campaign the benefit of the doubt here. Do you actually think they are trying to sabatoge the campaign or something? Their job is to get him as much media exposure as possible. If they are cancelling an interview, I think we need to trust that they have a good reason.

JS4Pat
Why won't Paul hire pros to run this campaign?

THAT is the million dollar question!

THAT is what I want to know more than anything!

Is it b/c Ron Paul is not politically smart enough to see the need for this?

Is it b/c Ron Paul puts the loyalty to his staff over the loyalty to his supporters?

Johncjackson
Hey guys, I heard there was something going on in New Hampshire today.

Dlynne
In my opinion, this is inline with Paul turning down Fox News on their recent requests to interview them. They have obviously shown their bias against him both in excluding him from the forum and their interviews so ... I would argue this applies to Neal Boortz as well.

Dave

If you listen to the Howard Stern interview, it was Paul's interview on Fox News that piqued Stern's interest in Paul. Not talking to the enemy is exactly the way to lose an election. I think I have had it. I am so sorry to feel this way on the day of the NH primary, but I am so disgusted.

webber53
Neal Borrtz just called DNC Space cadet Terry McAuliffe a great guy!? WTF?
There you have it.

murrayrothbard
01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Do you all think that RP is familiar with all these talk show hosts or is he relying solely on his campaign staff to tell him which show he should go on and which ones he shouldn't?

Revolution9
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
No, they're not. They fuck up CONSTANTLY.

Yer so fucking smart you haven't said one cogent thing since your arrival here. maybe you need to STFU, sit back, learn how to not be such a greasy little whiner and get a grip before posting again. Your tripe and caterwauling is useless.

HTH
Randy

readyja
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
According to TalkStreamLive.com. Might be more today given that it's such a big political day, and here 3.8 million+ just heard Ron Paul sidestep an interview. Ugh.

Jeff

The Liberty Project (http://www.thelibertyproject.com) - Get a Free Ron Paul Bumpersticker

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Good for Ron.
He shouldn't pander to a$$holes out of desperation for media coverage.
Patience is a virtue.
Everyone will come crawling on their knees once his popularity explodes.

webber53
For everyone preaching and speaking about Ron Paul not talking to "the enemy"
perhaps you could explain to me the mindset of the Democrats not doing debates with Faux News?
Please explain how that has hurt them, seeing Obama's poll numbers surging daily!

Revolution9

Boortz is pure bumfodder. I am very happy Ron dissed his baragrugous and bloated ass, brain and mouth.

Randy

webber53
01-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Good for Ron.
Patience is a virtue.

Here Here!

dshields
01-08-2008, 10:02 AM
If you listen to the Howard Stern interview, it was Paul's interview on Fox News that piqued Stern's interest in Paul. Not talking to the enemy is exactly the way to lose an election. I think I have had it. I am so sorry to feel this way on the day of the NH primary, but I am so disgusted.

There is validity to your point, however, I would like to point out that Howard was intrigued by FOX's biased/exclusion against Paul. It was only after the fact that he looked in to him.

You know what, I feel your frustration in general. I realize the campaign has be ineffective, and that would be putting it nicely. Lets focus on the message and not lose our way by being concerned with things like this which in the long run will mean nothing.

Dave

webber53
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Boortz is pure bumfodder. I am very happy Ron dissed his baragrugous and bloated ass, brain and mouth.

Randy

Preach it brother!

readyja
Perhaps they didn't know what the topic of the interview was going to be until after they accepted it? Maybe the interview was only tentatively scheduled and was never official?

All that may be true, however Ron Paul is currently within physical walking distance of Boortz and can easily give him 5 minutes of interview time, which I'm sure he'd give him even if it wasn't exactly time. He can see Boortz, Boortz wants to put him on there air. Why not?

If 0.25% of the Boortz audience looked into Ron Paul and then gave an average Ron Paul donation, that's a $950,000 opportunity.

Revolution9
Good for Ron.
Patience is a virtue.

You get it. Others like to prematurely ejaculate for the explosive excitement it seems.

Randy

lew
Yer so fucking smart you haven't said one cogent thing since your arrival here. maybe you need to STFU, sit back, learn how to not be such a greasy little whiner and get a grip before posting again. Your tripe and caterwauling is useless.

HTH
Randy

*You're

MsDoodahs

Randy

:D

What he said.

webber53
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM
All that may be true, however Ron Paul is currently within physical walking distance of Boortz and can easily give him 5 minutes of interview time, which I'm sure he'd give him even if it wasn't exactly time. He can see Boortz, Boortz wants to put him on there air. Why not?

Because Boortz is a jackass and besides he has also thrown in with Huckabee!

Now Boortz is speaking negatively about Ron Paul again!!

He constantly speaks negatively of Dr. Paul. Never gives him creds!

He is a pompous ass.

If he is a Liberatarian I'm Bill Clinton's brother! NOT

ButchHowdy
01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Just heard a great Ron Paul Advert on the Neal Boortz station 580 WBBO, Orlando.

I used to be an avid Boortz (and Hannity) listener until his cozying up with Bushie and simultaneous vilification of Ron Paul.

F*** Boortz

P.S. Was it me or did Boortz actually sound 'choked-up' about this cancellation?

F*** Boortz

lew
01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Now Boortz is saying Paul is basically a racist.

Great.

Way to go campaign for dissing this interview and causing this.

blackmouth
01-08-2008, 10:09 AM
He just called Ron Paul supporters nut cases for what they did to Hannity. I turned that crap off as soon I hear that.

Good move by the campaign to avoid this interview.

coffeewithchess
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
For everyone preaching and speaking about Ron Paul not talking to "the enemy"
perhaps you could explain to me the mindset of the Democrats not doing debates with Faux News? Please explain how that has hurt them, seeing Obama's poll numbers surging daily!

The difference is the Dems didn't agree to a debate and then back out repeatedly...the campaign has done this before! If Ron Paul loses this election, it will be because of his campaign. The grassroots is doing our job. Why is it almost every time RP gets media attention, it is because of the grassroots, i.e. money bombs, blimp (http://ronpaulblimp.com/), granny warriors (http://grannywarriors.com/), Meetups doing sign waves, etc. The campaign backs out of Glenn Beck(which caused an uproar from Glenn Beck and then the grassroots) and now the campaign looks to have backed out of another big interview...it makes no sense. Well, here's hoping for 7th place tonight! KEYES/PAUL 08!

CJP
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Damn it, campaign! Snubbing and standing-up (at the last minute) a major syndicated talk-show host who at least claims to be libertarian???

Boortz has NOT trashed Paul himself, only some of his supporters for being obnoxious (which, btw, they are -- maybe we should listen). He just says he has a philosophical difference with Paul over "islamofascism". Bootz is a smart, usually thoughtful guy, even though he's wrong on this issue. It would have been and interesting discussion and Ron could have introduced himself to the most important audience in Geogia and won some converts. But instead, we have to tick off yet another influential member of the media.

Like it or not, the media is all-powerful in national politics. They could have been our allies. There is no ideological media conspiracy (except on Fox), they are just obsessed with the horserace, which does hurt those with low name recognition. We have to win over people like Boortz and Beck -- not tick them off by not returning phone calls or standing them up.

I've held my tounge on the official campaign so far, but I've had it!

dshields
01-08-2008, 10:11 AM

Great.

Do you REALLY think the "TALKMASTER" would let his mind be changed? I have heard that guy stare logic in the face and disagree on principle that he is an a$$hole. Don't give this guy credit of a cognitive process.

Dave

readyja
01-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Because Boortz is a jackass and besides he has also thrown in with Huckabee!

Now Boortz is speaking negatively about Ron Paul again!!

Well now Boortz has time to fill since Ron Paul didn't show up, so he fills it with negative Ron Paul stuff. So instead of a mention of it, he's been talking negative on RP for 45 minutes.

If you aren't going to do the interview, don't accept it. Period.

webber53
01-08-2008, 10:12 AM
He is still ranting about Ron Paul supporters for following

Sean Hannity and throwing snowballs and cursing Sean.

He just called D. Kucinich a little nutcase!

On & On & On & On he rants against Ron Paul!

He's pissed that Ron Paul dissed him for the interview!

JS4Pat
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Damn it, campaign! I've held my tounge on the official campaign so far, but I've had it!

I hear you...

Is it b/c Ron Paul is not politically smart enough to see the need for bringing in professionals with experience in winning national campaigns?

or

Is it b/c Ron Paul puts the loyalty to his staff over the loyalty to his supporters?

blackmouth
01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm glad this two faced host was snubbed by the campaign. I liked it even more that Ron Paul was in the same room and turned him down!

For every 1 we lost to this host we gain from another.

CJP
01-08-2008, 10:14 AM

Boortz is not saying he's a racist, but he's really tearing into supporters. Great. :(

dshields
01-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I hear you...

Is it b/c Ron Paul is not politically smart enough to see the need for bringing in professionals with experience in winning national campaigns?

or

OR maybe his is just "Principled" and not a MEDIA JUICER like the rest of the candidates.

We sit here and BASH FOX News constantly, we bash Hannity, Boortz, and the like and all of the sudden we are upset when he decides to boycott them?

It is called Principle, a quality Ron Paul has shown for the past 30 years. Some times Principle will lead you to be the "ONLY" one against something and that is something Paul demonstrated time and time again in Congress. If we truly understood the man then we shouldn't be surprised by this decision.

Dave

blackmouth
01-08-2008, 10:18 AM
change the channel people.

ButchHowdy
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
CALM DOWN EVERYONE!!!

Do you KNOW how many times I wish I could have reached through the radio and slapped that A'hole Boortz?

Ron Paul just did it for us!!

I'm so happy I could donate!!

Matt Collins
Yea- Boortz is not a libertarian. He is a whore. I used to really respect him until he has said the things he said about Ron. His true colors came out then.

Revolution9
*You're

Yer so smart. A spell flame.. Coolio.

Randy

dshields
CALM DOWN EVERYONE!!!

Do you KNOW how many times I wish I could have reached through the radio and slapped that A'hole Boortz?

I'm so happy I'm gonna donate again!!

:D

liberteebell
01-08-2008, 10:20 AM
I can't stand boortz but I think that was a big mistake for Paul to not go on the show. This has just given boortz fodder to continue to smear him (as if he needs more) and most especially, us, the supporters. Just listen to boortz carry on...

Paul gains respect and likability whenever he goes on any show; hannity even treated him well on his radio show. boortz doesn't have the brains or gonads to go toe-to-toe with Paul. Sorry, but I thought we were in this to win the presidency and change the course of our country, not in this as an expensive way to get ideas out there for others to steal. In that regard, sometimes you have to "whore" yourself as a candidate and take advantage of what's given to you.

In my most humble opinion, I think this was yet another huge strategic blunder by the campaign.

webber53
01-08-2008, 10:21 AM
The difference is the Dems didn't agree to a debate and then back out repeatedly...the campaign has done this before! If Ron Paul loses this election, it will be because of his campaign. The grassroots is doing our job. Why is it almost every time RP gets media attention, it is because of the grassroots, i.e. money bombs, blimp (http://ronpaulblimp.com/), granny warriors (http://grannywarriors.com/), Meetups doing sign waves, etc. The campaign backs out of Glenn Beck(which caused an uproar from Glenn Beck and then the grassroots) and now the campaign looks to have backed out of another big interview...it makes no sense. Well, here's hoping for 7th place tonight! KEYES/PAUL 08!

Jay Leno never consulted the grassroots support if Ron Paul can be on did he?

Has it ever occurred to you that the man gets tired of being slandered?
I know damn well I would. I am hoping for great things and working towards a goal
of changing our Democratic system. If it doesn't happen this year I for one am not giving up.
If you ever have played competive sports sometimes you get your ass kicked but you will never win
if you throw in the towel and give up. Get back in the game. Try again. Try harder. Try new techniques.
You may be right. The campaign may not be the best.
You have the ability to change things and make it better! Stop the defeatist banter.

Revolution9
01-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Yea- Boortz is not a libertarian. He is a whore. I used to really respect him until he has said the things he said about Ron. His true colors came out then.

I was offered a talk show opposite him in 1997. I turned it down because i do not need the aggravation of dealing with call in morons. I was doing music and art anyways, which provides alot more cultural bearing than some fatassed (or skinny assed in my case) loudmouth spouting off his BS on radio.

Best Randy

dshields
01-08-2008, 10:25 AM

I know damn well I would. I am hoping for great things and working towards a goal
of changing our Democratic system. If it doesn't happen this year I for one am not giving up.
If you ever have played competive sports sometimes you get your ass kicked but you will never win
if you throw in the towel and give up. Get back in the game. Try again. Try harder. Try new techniques.
You have the ability to change things and make it better! Stop the defeatist banter.

Agreed! Besides, you folks put WAY too much stock in talk shows and traditional media. We are winning this fight on the ground not in the airwaves. Nothing will replace grassroots getting the word our one person at a time because someone that is fickle enough to have their mind change by a media pundit is not likely to keep their opinion or is smart enough to stand on their own.

Dave

readyja
01-08-2008, 10:26 AM
CALM DOWN EVERYONE!!!

That's great for you, who is already a Ron Paul supporter. For for the 3.8 million people that listen to Boortz every day, who don't consider him to be as big a dolt as you do, Ron Paul looks like a buffoon. No regular listener is going to think "Hey, Ron Paul is cool because he dissed the show that I always listen to!"

webber53
01-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Well now Boortz has time to fill since Ron Paul didn't show up, so he fills it with negative Ron Paul stuff. So instead of a mention of it, he's been talking negative on RP for 45 minutes.

If you aren't going to do the interview, don't accept it. Period.

Boortz had every intention on making our candidate to look like a buffoon.
He has always badmouthed Ron Paul and spoken ill of him and Ron Paul
supporters. It would NOT have served any purpose for Ron to talk to this
supposed LIberatarian. Now he has Huckabee on the phone and pandering,
laughing and cajoling with him. Boortz is an total ass!

spiteface
01-08-2008, 10:30 AM
The campaign's plans are working.

coffeewithchess
01-08-2008, 10:30 AM

Nobody is being defeatist except the campaign...RP sparked a movement, but his campaign is proving itself inept again...Jay Leno didn't consult the grassroots, but the grassroots was contacting Leno and asking him to have RP (http://youtube.com/watch?v=t1pYkkB1anY) on the show months before RP was...so yes, I would say the grassroots actually was the reason for RP getting on Leno as it was for RP going on Glenn Beck.

webber53
01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
That's great for you, who is already a Ron Paul supporter. For for the 3.8 million people that listen to Boortz every day, who don't consider him to be as big a dolt as you do, Ron Paul looks like a buffoon. No regular listener is going to think "Hey, Ron Paul is cool because he dissed the show that I always listen to!"

Do you think Ron Paul supporters listen to Boortz on a daily basis?

How many people do you honestly think Dr. Paul would have swayed
by talking with the jerk Boortz.

Boortz would not have let Dr. Paul get any substanitive
comments in to promote his platform.

Boortz is Pro Huckabee and anti Ron Paul.
What is so hard to figure out! :rolleyes:

liberteebell
01-08-2008, 10:32 AM

EXACTLY! And when Ron Paul shows how gentlemanly AND how brilliant he is amid the ugliness, it really makes a positive impression.

readyja
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I think the support of Ron Paul is clouding this issue for a bunch of you. It is unprofessional to agree to an interview and not show up. Period. It looks bad, and when it's live millions of people just think, rightly or wrongly, that they were stood up. No one likes being stood up.

Politically, not confronting those that disagree with your is just plain foolish. Ron Paul's reputation is based on being a straight talking, honest, no nonsense guy who tells it like it is. He's been on Fox News. He's been on O'Reilly. He's been on Beck. The entire campaign experience has been confronting one set of neocons after another. This was no different.

Heck, compared to Bill O'Reilly, Boortz is a total softy.

We can sit here and rationalize it however we want, but the bottom line is that it looks like a yet another fearful dodge by yet another typical politician to a whole lot of the 3.8 million listeners. That is completely opposite of the Ron Paul brand and the image the campaign should be putting forward.

I'll shut-up now.

Jeff

The Liberty Project (http://www.thelibertyproject.com) - Get a Free Ron Paul Bumpersticker

coffeewithchess
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Do you think Ron Paul supporters listen to Boortz on a daily basis?

How many people do you honestly think Dr. Paul would have swayed
by talking with the jerk Boortz.

Boortz would not have let Dr. Paul get any substanitive
comments in to promote his platform.

Boortz is Pro Huckabee and anti Ron Paul.
What is so hard to figure out! :rolleyes:

It's the fact that we are fighting for name recognition. My wife said she is asked at her work by coworkers a lot, "Why doesn't the media talk about Ron Paul?" With RP neglecting shows like Glenn Beck and Boortz, it isn't helping our cause other than to continue to reinforce in the publics' mind what the media has already told them, "RP has no chance and his supporters are nuts".

mport1
01-08-2008, 10:44 AM
This campaign is completely retarded.

CJP
01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
OR maybe his is just "Principled" and not a MEDIA JUICER like the rest of the candidates.

How is being considerate (in order to win a victory for your principles) incompatible with being principled?

Political victories are won by winning over everyday people (and the media), period. In-your-face fanaticism may be exhilarating, but it is political suicide.

I know we all feel outraged by what has happened to our country. I know we just can't believe how brain-dead the "sheeple" seem most of the time. I know how irritating the mainstram media groupthink is. But we owe it to our country to win!

So we have to be smart. Put yourself in the place of the average voter who doesn't follow politics and doesn't yet understand the principles and issues like we do. As the saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

evadmurd
01-08-2008, 10:48 AM
The campaign has just proved they are not serious about this nomination. Too bad.

spiteface
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
This campaign is completely retarded.

The problem is you don't see their strategy here.

walt
01-08-2008, 10:56 AM

right, they have none. and a bunch of immature children that live in fear instead of seeing the opportunity before them - it's pathetic.

AdamT
01-08-2008, 10:57 AM

Which is?

CJP
01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
A Boortz caller from Oklahoma just said he was leaning towards Paul, but is now much less inclined to support him because he doesn't seem to have the courage to come on the show.

We all know Ron is the most courageous candidate out there. Remember going to the "Values Voters" debate and not pandering an inch and getting boo'ed? Remember the Univision debate in front of Florida Cuban expatriots and suggesting lifting the embargo against Castro?

So how the f**k could the campaign manage to make Ron Paul look like a coward???

Even Boortz's producer said she can't believe what a mistake the campaign is making.

Get Ron on the show now. And someone tell the people in charge of the campaign to grow a brain.

unklejman
01-08-2008, 11:01 AM
A caller said Ron Paul was running from Neal Boortz by not talking to him, will he do this as president, like he does from the islamic fascists?

Hannity on boortz: Ron Paul always wines he can't get on the media and then refuses to come on here? Thats crazy.

Boortz: Maybe he's listening to his supporters too much

Hannity: RP supporters are a nutty crowd.

emilysdad
01-08-2008, 11:19 AM
First, all you people claiming to have had enough, please, just leave, especially folks with 20 posts who claim they will never donate another penny.

Leave the campaign alone. They know much more than you do. They have information you don't. Ron Paul has campaigned for 30 years. In 1996 he took on the Bush Family and the entire GOP and still won.

All these people you talk about, the Hannity's, O'Reily, Beck, Boortz, ect. ect., are nothing but liars and ratings' whores. That is there job. Understand if Ron becomes President, most of these clowns will be out of a job. That job is to maintain division among Americans. People act as if viewers and listeners of these clowns is thier only source of information. There is plenty of good press about Dr. Paul and these viewers must be conflicted. Hopefully some of them will open a book someday, maybe learn how to do internet research, you know, become educated. Truth cannot be distorted, like Dr. Paul, truth is real. These media clowns don't like truth because it brings people together.

I am glad Ron cancelled this interview. In fact, I hope Dr. Paul never goes on FOX again. I hope he never agrees to an interview with any of these clowns who have shown to have no class or journalistic integrity.

As previously posted, this should tell you all you need to know: http://insidecable.blogsome.com/2007/08/02/beck-hannity-meet-the-president/

familydog
01-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Like it or not people, we need these talk show hosts and their listeners to support Paul. If they don't we won't win the nomination. They are exactly the type of people we have to have voting. Does anyone here honestly think we can win the Republican nomination without Republicans?

Dlynne
01-08-2008, 11:43 AM
First, all you people claiming to have had enough, please, just leave, especially folks with 20 posts who claim they will never donate another penny.

OK, I'll leave. Just like you asked.

liberteebell
01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
emilysdad,

Don't let number of posts color your opinion. I have made tremendous sacrifices and have worked very long and hard to try to get Ron Paul elected, as have many others.

I started reading this forum again because I personally witnessed a couple of situations with paid staffers in which their performance was way less than stellar. In fact, I thought the incompetence was stunning. I just wanted to see if I was the only one who thought this way.

A Ron Paul comes along maybe, if you're lucky, once in a lifetime. This is IT. There aren't going to be second chances or other opportunities and another Ron Paul just isn't going to materialize out of thin air. The time is now. We can't afford missteps, incompetence and lack of enthusiasm or desire. I know what you mean about talk radio and I despise it. However, Ron Paul needs to use every resource out there. He doesn't need any more negative press.

Also, the person who posted about winning without republicans; amen to that, we have to have them. Period!

There's a lot of misinformation about Ron Paul out there; he needs to take every opportunity to correct it, even if it means using the media whores to do it. Just the other day, I convinced 2 fred heads to at least read my material on Ron Paul; they had the totally mistaken idea that Paul is a roll-over-and-play-dead, anti-war pacifist who would dismantle the military and were actually surprised to hear about what he's done for veterans.

So I stand by what I said: Ron Paul should have gone on boortz's show; it was a mistake not to have done so and the "excuse" his campaign manager gave is beyond lame.

Ron Paul will continue to get my financial support, however, things such as this sure make me think twice. I have to wonder if the staff even cares about winning.

ButchHowdy
01-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Unless of course . . . the 'snub' will have more impact than the interview would have.

Boortz mentioned having an interview with Rand Paul yesterday. Wonder how it went.

readyja
01-08-2008, 12:05 PM
emilysdad,

Don't let number of posts color your opinion. I have made tremendous sacrifices and have worked very long and hard to try to get Ron Paul elected, as have many others.

Yes, hear hear. Just because I think the campaign made a huge error today doesn't mean I'm changing my support, holding back money, or anything like that. I've personally sent nearly 4,000 bumperstickers for goodness sake - I'm not about to quit now.

My disappointment is the lost opportunity to reach out to new voters, new sources of money, and new, enthusiastic supporters.