PDA

View Full Version : Loutish behavior doesn't help

bayoubill
01-08-2008, 05:52 AM
I'm an RP supporter who hasn't spent much time in here, preferring to "witness" for Paul in the Hannity forums. Lots of nasty anti-Paul stuff over there, but there are a number of stalwarts like me who continue to plug away.

The video of the Paul mob harrassing Hannity, while it may be satisfying for those of us who don't like Hannity, isn't constructive for the campaign if you consider that a fair number of undecided voters would probably find it distasteful. Face it, even if it targeted Hannity, the harrassment was rude and infantile. And this was just after Hannity gave RP a fair piece of (relatevely) uninterrupted air time on his show.

Also, consider a first-time visitor to this site, perhaps an undecided voter who's interest has been sparked by the efforts of the RP campaign. Do you honestly think the average person likes to see discussions peppered with obscene/ vulgar language? Do you honestly believe this helps sway an undecided voter to our side?

Really, if you want to help the campaign, you guys need to grow up and learn some manners.

noztnac
01-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Yeah Bullshit! Hannity and Fox shit all over free speech and we're supposed to be nice to them?
Did the founding fathers exhibit nice manners when they threw all of that tea in the harbor?
I see you are a new member. If you are willing to sit quietly while your fellow American's civil liberties are being trampled you might not belong in this forum.

bayoubill
01-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Yeah Bullshit! Hannity and Fox shit all over free speech and we're supposed to be nice to them?
Did the founding fathers exhibit nice manners when they threw all of that tea in the harbor?
I see you are a new member. If you are willing to sit quietly while your fellow American's civil liberties are being trampled you might not belong in this forum.

So, do you use that kind of language when you're trying to win over an undecided voter?

Thumper
01-08-2008, 06:13 AM
All of the MSM gave RP some face time prior to Iowa. Since then he has been blacked out and marginalized for the most part. FOX took it a step further and decided to be downright nasty, editing AP stories posted on their site to remove Ron Paul's name from them, excluding him from the Roundtable Forum, and basically acting like RP doesn't even exist.

Some people yelled some stuff, I still havent seen actual video of the alleged snowballs. I've only heard the stories. Regardless, it wasn't Ron Paul that did it. As far as obscene/vulgar language, at least it was truthful language. FOX peppers us with lies and insults to our intelligence 24/7.

I really doubt that the good folks at the hannity forums were ever going to become RP supporters and even if that's the case this incident shouldn't be enough to stop them. Personally, I don't have much faith in a group of people who suck farts out of any media personality's @ss.

LibertyForAll
01-08-2008, 06:13 AM

+1000
I agree.
Fox tramples on free speech and we are supposed to sit down and shut up? I don't think so.

noztnac
01-08-2008, 06:14 AM
So, do you use that kind of language when you're trying to win over an undecided voter?

No. I use that language when someone who doesn't care about civil liberties trolls in here and starts lecturing us about manners.

bayoubill
01-08-2008, 06:23 AM
All of the MSM gave RP some face time prior to Iowa. Since then he has been blacked out and marginalized for the most part. FOX took it a step further and decided to be downright nasty, editing AP stories posted on their site to remove Ron Paul's name from them, excluding him from the Roundtable Forum, and basically acting like RP doesn't even exist.

Some people yelled some stuff, I still havent seen actual video of the alleged snowballs. I've only heard the stories. Regardless, it wasn't Ron Paul that did it. As far as obscene/vulgar language, at least it was truthful language. FOX peppers us with lies and insults to our intelligence 24/7.

I really doubt that the good folks at the hannity forums were ever going to become RP supporters and even if that's the case this incident shouldn't be enough to stop them. Personally, I don't have much faith in a group of people who suck farts out of any media personality's @ss.

There's a fairly large contengent of RP supporters in the Hannity forums, despite the inhospitable environment. And there are noobs who come into the Hannity forums with an open mind. Those are the ones the pro-Pauls battle against the anti-Pauls to win over.

Asinine behavior on the part of Paul supporters only makes our work more difficult.

bayoubill
01-08-2008, 06:25 AM

I'm not saying be quiet.

I'm saying be civil.

BreakYourChains
01-08-2008, 06:27 AM
I'm not saying be quiet.

I'm saying be civil.

I agree. Welcome. We all need to remember that we represent Ron Paul, and act accordingly.

Kingfisher
01-08-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm an RP supporter who hasn't spent much time in here, preferring to "witness" for Paul in the Hannity forums. Lots of nasty anti-Paul stuff over there, but there are a number of stalwarts like me who continue to plug away.

The video of the Paul mob harrassing Hannity, while it may be satisfying for those of us who don't like Hannity, isn't constructive for the campaign if you consider that a fair number of undecided voters would probably find it distasteful. Face it, even if it targeted Hannity, the harrassment was rude and infantile. And this was just after Hannity gave RP a fair piece of (relatevely) uninterrupted air time on his show.

Also, consider a first-time visitor to this site, perhaps an undecided voter who's interest has been sparked by the efforts of the RP campaign. Do you honestly think the average person likes to see discussions peppered with obscene/ vulgar language? Do you honestly believe this helps sway an undecided voter to our side?
Really, if you want to help the campaign, you guys need to grow up and learn some manners.

Ditto!

Thomas Paine
01-08-2008, 06:45 AM

Let me bring you up to speed on current events, Bayoubill, since you're relatively new here. Fox News and Hannity have been on a mission to destroy Ron Paul from the very beginning. For months the Good Doctor turned the other cheek while those neocon shills piled on. Sunday night was paypack. Also, if an undecided voter decides its okay for Fox News to manipulate the GOP Primary but somehow not okay for a relatively few individuals to protest against such manipulation, then that undecided voter is sorely deficient in common sense.

bayoubill
01-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Let me bring you up to speed on current events, Bayoubill, since you're relatively new here. Fox News and Hannity have been on a mission to destroy Ron Paul from the very beginning. For months the Good Doctor turned the other cheeck while those neocon shills piled on. Sunday night was paypack. Also, if an undecided voter decides its okay for Fox News to manipulate the GOP Primary but somehow not okay for a relatively few individuals to protest against such manipulation, then that undecided voter is sorely deficient in common sense.

The undecided voter may be unaware of such manipulations.

Thomas Paine
01-08-2008, 07:16 AM

Not after the Jay Leno show last night.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-08-2008, 07:16 AM

In most cases, yes. But if this gets them to go see why Paul has supporters, it's potentially a good thing.

The people, like me, who defend people yelling at Hannity, aren't suggesting it as a technique to win over undecided voters, or as a technique for anything. This wasn't something that was organized, and I would of course disagree with such a thing if it were organized. I just recognize that people are mad, and when people are mad, sometimes they'll yell. It was a spontaneous thing that happened the night of the forum that Paul was unfairly excluded from.

acroso
01-08-2008, 08:15 AM
It was needed in this case :)

scholarpreneur
01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
RP's young supporters (I'm one of them) are very passionate, but they can be immature at times.

Guys, we don't want to sink down to the level of shouters like Hannity and O'Reilly. For now, it's essential that we remain respectful.

scholarpreneur
01-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Let me bring you up to speed on current events, Bayoubill, since you're relatively new here. Fox News and Hannity have been on a mission to destroy Ron Paul from the very beginning.

No need to be condescending towards him. This forum isn't the center of the Ron Paul's universe. I've been following him since March at least, I've read his book, and I only registered on here yesterday.

camped69
01-08-2008, 03:59 PM
The PC crowd may frown upon it somewhat but they are perhaps more in the know than the average joe about the crap that fox and others are pulling so I think it's a wash. Once you start spewing vulgarities you instantly loose respect and look foolish. I think the average joe is starting to realize that the whole ball of wax, ie:government, corporations, banking and the media are as one and up to no good. I would bet that many of them actually like to see some fire in people. The docile PC crowd has allowed the government to lead us on the precipice of ruination. So I hardly care what they think. This type of vigilance and action are what America was founded on. Hannity reaps what he sows. RPFTW!

Sandra
01-12-2008, 05:10 PM
TI know some of you are new here, but there are protocols for new members at any forum. New members whether they are right or wrong aren't received well when you come in a brow beat some of those that have been participating for a while. Post a couple of weeks and often so you will be more in the mix and have a better understanding of the others in the discussion. This is NOT directed to all newbies BTW.