PDA

View Full Version : Most Inspirational Quote By Ron Paul?

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 05:46 AM
I'm working on statements for a full-page ad for every newspaper in South Carolina, and I would really love to run with it a quotation by Ron Paul, something that is positively inspiring, regarding freedom, liberty, the ideals this country was founded upon, etc. :)

JoBurke
01-08-2008, 05:49 AM
-just come home.

nothing says it better.

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 05:50 AM
Wow, check this out:

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/ron_paul/

:)

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 05:52 AM
Most of those quotes are about restaurants? Must be another Ron Paul being included there. :D

romeshomey
01-08-2008, 05:54 AM
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads."

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 06:06 AM
:D

I was thinking about one of his sayings on freedom or liberty, not gross sex stories. :p

NancyT
01-08-2008, 06:07 AM
"Every enhanced unconstitutional power of the state can only be achieved at the expense of individual liberty. Even though in every war in which we have been engaged civil liberties have suffered, some have been restored after the war ended, but never completely. That has resulted in a steady erosion of our liberties over the past 200 years. Our government was originally designed to protect our liberties, but it has now, instead, become the usurper of those liberties."

~ Rep. Ron Paul, May 24, 2007

Xepa
01-08-2008, 06:13 AM
Ron Paul: a new hope

that youtube video has lots of great quotes.

FreeTraveler
01-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Okay, I don't have the exact quote, but I think it's his best:

We are being over-taxed, over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founding Fathers would be ashamed of what we're putting up with!

I think it's from the Iowa speech. Can anybody confirm that?

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 06:41 AM
It sounds like the Iowa speech. Might not be exact, but that is where it is from. :)

cmc
01-08-2008, 07:48 AM
"But do you know, it's only the beginning?"

Seanmc30
01-08-2008, 08:01 AM
"No one can stop an idea whose time has come!"

not sure if this was his originally, but it was my favorite.

princessredtights
01-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Most of those quotes are about restaurants? Must be another Ron Paul being included there. :D

I wonder if those quotes are for Ron Paul the Portland restaurant "guru" ?

krott5333
01-08-2008, 09:20 AM
"Let it not be said that we did nothing."

AdoubleR
01-08-2008, 09:23 AM
-just come home.

nothing says it better.

You beat me to it by a mile!

PledgeForPaul
01-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Deficits mean future tax increases, pure and simple. Deficit spending should be viewed as a tax on future generations, and politicians who create deficits should be exposed as tax hikers.

In time it will become clear to everyone that support for the policies of pre-emptive war and interventionist nation-building will have much greater significance than the removal of Saddam Hussein itself.

Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense.

When the federal government spends more each year than it collects in tax revenues, it has three choices: It can raise taxes, print money, or borrow money. While these actions may benefit politicians, all three options are bad for average Americans.

That is what we did in the 1980s. That is what the Congress did. They went to the taxpayers, they put a gun to their head, and said, you pay up, because we think bin Laden is a freedom fighter. -1998

When one person can initiate war, by its definition, a republic no longer exists -1999

Demanding domestic security in times of war invites carelessness in preserving civil liberties and the right of privacy. Frequently the people are only too anxious for their freedoms to be sacrificed on the altar of authoritarianism thought to be necessary to remain safe and secure. Nothing would please the terrorists more than if we willingly give up some of our cherished liberties while defending ourselves from their threat. - September 12, 2001

If we can't or won't define the enemy, the cost to fight such a war will be endless. - September 25, 2001

Rarely do we hear that Iraq has never committed any aggression against the United States. No one in the media questions our aggression against Iraq for the past 12 years by continuous bombing and imposed sanctions responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of children. [...] Only tyrants can take a nation to war without the consent of the people. The planned war against Iraq without a Declaration of War is illegal. It is unwise because of many unforeseen consequences that are likely to result. It is immoral and unjust, because it has nothing to do with US security and because Iraq has not initiated aggression against us. We must understand that the American people become less secure when we risk a major conflict driven by commercial interests and not constitutionally authorized by Congress. Victory under these circumstances is always elusive, and unintended consequences are inevitable -Before We Bomb Iraq, February 26, 2002

The tired assertion that America "supports democracy" in the Middle East is increasingly transparent. It was false 50 years ago, when we supported and funded the hated Shah of Iran to prevent nationalization of Iranian oil, and it’s false today when we back an unelected military dictator in Pakistan - just to name two examples. If honest democratic elections were held throughout the Middle East tomorrow, many countries would elect religious fundamentalist leaders hostile to the United States. Cliché or not, the Arab Street really doesn’t like America, so we should stop the charade about democracy and start pursuing a coherent foreign policy that serves America’s long-term interests. -2007

For California/New York/Etc:

Having federal officials, whether judges, bureaucrats, or congressmen, impose a new definition of marriage on the people is an act of social engineering profoundly hostile to liberty.

As an obstetrician I've had on quite a few occasions to do a surgery on a woman with a pregnancy in the Fallopian tube. And, the fetus is small, and alive, and the heart is beating, but if you don't operate on him, the fetus dies and the patient dies, because a hemorrhage is a very very critical time for ectopic pregnancy. I don't see any reason why you can't use that fetal tissue for research. -2007

riprvw
01-08-2008, 10:06 AM
freedom is popular
-----------------------

Google Results 1 - 10 of about 9,250,000 for freedom is popular.

Question_Authority
01-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Two of my favorite quotes:

"Freedom is the greatest source of creative energy"

"I don't want to run your life, I don't know how to run your life, it's not my job to run your life, and I don't have the authority to run your life". (This was from his Michigan speech after the debate there)

Jason726
01-08-2008, 10:11 AM
You should put the quotes in there about being a patriot.

extrmmxer
01-08-2008, 10:35 AM
"Let it not be said we did nothing"

Bossobass
01-08-2008, 10:42 AM
IMO, it's this quote, hands down. It relates to every American and is the American ideal that should be the driving force to spread our ideology, not force of arms...

"We don't get our rights because we're gays, or women, or minorities. We get our rights from our Creator, as individuals, so we should ALL be treated the same, as individuals."

My neighbors are a gay couple who are strict Republican-phobes. One of them asked me who RP was when he saw my car windows painted up with RP. I told him that quote and said I haven't heard anything that profound come out of a politician's mouth since Martin Luther King.

Every American feels a desire, deep inside, to be viewed as a unique individual, instead of being lumped into a group. Age group (Boomer, Gen-X, Tweener, etc.), gender, sexual preference, race, religion, income bracket, occupation, marital status, political party, political ideology, hawk or dove...

Ron is a unique individual, and recognizes everyone's right to the same claim. COOL. We can all be better persons by learning from his example.

Sorry for the speech. I'm just sayin'.

Bosso

JuniorNJ
01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
You're on our list! You're on their list!

mrd
01-08-2008, 10:48 AM
True patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security.Powerful quote.

FunkBuddha
01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
" But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty."

HippyChimp
01-08-2008, 11:07 AM
"Let it not be said that we did nothing."beat me to it... I listened to that speech live, and the whole thing is inspirational. But that line, "Let it NOT be said we did NOTHING!", takes the cake...