PDA

View Full Version : FCC ban of Ron Paul??

JosephTheLibertarian
07-20-2007, 07:01 AM
http://dak42.blogspot.com/2007/07/fcc-bans-ron-paul-take-action.html

fake?

lynnf
07-20-2007, 07:13 AM
http://dak42.blogspot.com/2007/07/fcc-bans-ron-paul-take-action.html

fake?

Be sure to make a comment, if you are so inclined. You don't have to register.

lynn

j650
07-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, if you click on the word rumormill at the beginning of the article it brings you to this page.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?noframes;read=106256

It says that the local media outlets rely on the AP to highlight what is newsworthy and Ron Paul wasn't newsworthy. This was reported 3 weeks ago and it says they were going to get more info from Jim Guest, but it doesn't look like they did so it must not be anything to worry about. If Ron Paul continues to draw large crowds wherever he goes they'll have to cover him, or it will be very curious why they're not. Since that event, Q2 numbers have been released which show Paul has broken away from the 2nd tier pack and is newsworthy.

ChairmanMao
07-20-2007, 07:46 AM
The ban is real but the only thing we can do about it are the things we already are doing.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-20-2007, 08:04 AM
uhh how is this legal? LOL This makes no sense. Dr. Paul was on the radio yesterday though........ How can you ban a member of Congress from radio? ha doesn't FCC report to Congress??

dspectre
07-20-2007, 08:18 AM
It's called a racket. It has questionable legality, but by the time anybody says or does anything about it, it is too late. Also it is the federal government, what can you do to really stop them?

That's why some of us are big on free Market Capitalism. When the government has bureaucracies like this, they will use their power to interfere with what is going on(since they are the only game in town). In a true free market, news media outlets and the like can't form cartels to protect their self-interest and turf.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-20-2007, 08:24 AM
They can do this to a CONGRESSMAN? Isn't like he's some regular guy.... And he was on the radio yesterday!

PatriotOne
07-20-2007, 08:46 AM
That rumor can not be true..especially back then. However, the Bush Admin looks to be putting things in place (new signing statement 2 days ago) to shut down talk of war opposition. Just yesterday, the Pentagon accused Hillary of helping the opposition with her talk of troop withdrawal:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070720/ap_on_go_co/clinton_iraq_16;_ylt=Ah79cCZPJrlvKK1vb6V8naQE1vAI

Slugg
07-20-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes, fake

Akus
07-20-2007, 09:00 AM
how do you know?

I mean, the way they avoid saying his name, merely referring to him as "a maverick candidate from Texas" plus federal government being able of doing things it does....

Noodles
07-20-2007, 09:08 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but GO HILLARY! She bitch-slapped the Pentagon.
Ok, I'm over it.

ChairmanMao
07-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Basically the way the system works is the back scratching system. You do something for me I do something for you. You dont play ball they stop overlooking minor things. For example lets say the next time the FCC comes down to a station that said helpful things about Ron Paul they might nit pick on loose cords or other irrelevant things. Or, they might create a few problems to hurt the station. Its not so much a ban as a protection racket.

Hook
07-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I call BS on this. A recording of this conversation from the FCC would make the biggest news story of the decade. I doubt they would sit on this.

ChairmanMao
07-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Bush recently gave himself the ability to take over the entire government. That was all over the news wasnt it. I dont know why anyone hasnt recorded it. I think its mostly the FCC hinting and implying things. I know for a fact its true, cant say why though. Take it or leave it there are enough clues to reach the correct decision.

LibertyEagle
07-20-2007, 12:39 PM
This is just a RUMOR at this stage! This whole thing was talked about weeks ago on this board and someone even posted information from an email they had sent to Jim Guest. As I recall, we have no corroboration of this story at this point. I hope we don't go off half-cocked and go screaming about this, because it would make us look like the nut job label they keep trying so hard to attach to us.

Now, if we can find out this is in fact, true, that is another thing entirely.