PDA

View Full Version : What sort of response rates?

Corydoras
01-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Generally speaking, what kind of response rates are people getting?

How many valid phone numbers that haven't yet been disconnected do you get per names on the list?

How many phone numbers do call before you actually reach a person to talk to?

Out of the people you talk to, how many people are willing to let you visit so you can give them lit?

austin4paul
01-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Went on a weekend with a group. About 80% of the people were gone -- out doing stuff. Think weeknights will be better. Of the 20% that we did reach, we introduced ourself, told them we were supporting Ron Paul for President and asked them if they'd made a decision yet about who they were going to support or were still looking for information to make a decision. The responses ranged from:

I'm a big Ron Paul fan -- got phone and e-mail to give to the precinct leader

I'm still undecided - left literature, made a note for the precinct leader so he can follow up later

I'm supporting another candidate - we asked who they supported. Sometimes they'd tell you, in which case we'd make a note note for the precinct leader. If their candidate drops out, we can go back later.

NOT Ron Paul or I'm supporting another candidate but wouldn't say who. Put a note "don't go back" so the precinct leader doesn't need to waste time going back to that house or doing further lit drops

qwerty
01-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Went on a weekend with a group. About 80% of the people were gone -- out doing stuff. Think weeknights will be better. Of the 20% that we did reach, we introduced ourself, told them we were supporting Ron Paul for President and asked them if they'd made a decision yet about who they were going to support or were still looking for information to make a decision. The responses ranged from:

I'm a big Ron Paul fan -- got phone and e-mail to give to the precinct leader

I'm still undecided - left literature, made a note for the precinct leader so he can follow up later

I'm supporting another candidate - we asked who they supported. Sometimes they'd tell you, in which case we'd make a note note for the precinct leader. If their candidate drops out, we can go back later.

NOT Ron Paul or I'm supporting another candidate but wouldn't say who. Put a note "don't go back" so the precinct leader doesn't need to waste time going back to that house or doing further lit drops

good advice!

Scott Wilson
01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Most people I speak with are unfamiliar with Ron Paul.

Many have heard the name but they do not know much about him.

I make sure that I additionally give them the Man For All Seasons DVD if the person has a Fred08 sticker on their car.