PDA

View Full Version : Would You Fund A Project Like This?

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 03:48 AM
A project is in the works right now in the Win In South Carolina forum, in which we are coordinating a two-sided, full page, glossy, color insert that we will be able to run in every single newspaper in South Carolina, of which there are 107, which will allow us to directly reach over 2,800,000 South Carolina citizens, over 500,000 of which will vote in South Carolina on the 18th of this month, with Ron Paul's message. We're starting to actually create the ad itself right in this moment.

It will have a strong visual appeal for South Carolina, glossy color with the background and symbols of its state flag as well as its legendary Liberty flag from the American Revolution (the Fort Moultrie flag). It will talk about Ron Paul the man, the policies, and the message. It will be simply expressed and also very informative, speaking to people's common sense. We've found an agency that can place the insert for us, with no charge for their service, making it much more efficent to coordinate the placement of the ad in all 107 newspapers. We're in contact for an estimate on the cost.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/south-carolina/images/state-flag-south-carolina.jpg

South Carolina is the state that this campaign hinges on, and winning South Carolina will give us unprecedented, national media coverage that will help us win Florida and set us up to sweep Super Tuesday, with states that are already more favorable to Ron Paul helping us push it.

We think this project could really help us win in South Carolina, in conjunction with all of the other projects the grass-roots and the official campaign will be carrying out.

This project will be unprecedented and highly effective. I'm interested in gauging support for funding this project. If this project is realized for what it is worth, I no doubt feel that we can raise the money - if we can raise $6 million in one day, we can certainly raise for something like this. Think of it, the grass-roots directly reaching THREE MILLION American people with our true glimpse of Ron Paul and why America needs them, why South Carolina is Ron Paul's candidate.

Its proven the effectiveness of local newspaper advertising, and something like this will bring us insane exposure to people who will be voting. We could very well win South Carolina for Ron Paul with something like this! :cool:

LibertyEagle
01-08-2008, 03:54 AM
How much do you anticipate this would cost?

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 04:00 AM
Honestly, I don't think I can safely say until I talk with kesslma again, because she gave me an estimate but I don't know if it includes the cost of producing the inserts as well, and I don't want to say a huge number that isn't true. :D

I would expect it would be at least a $100,000 though, you're talking nearly three million placements here. :)

Austin
01-08-2008, 04:04 AM
This is one of the reasons Jefferson County was won. I would definitely support something like this.

jordie
01-08-2008, 04:07 AM
Get us a number and we'll see. I definitely support all ideas like this. Like Krippy said, this sort of thing won us Jefferson County. We need to get out there into the local papers as much as possible and this idea is awesome.

Is the company willing to do it only for South Carolina? Or could we get them to help out elsewhere too?

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 04:09 AM
If we went viral with this, we could call it the Liberty bomb. The South Carolina state flag is very striking and beautiful, and the white text Liberty from the Fort Moultrie flag is pure, effective symbolism. This movement is about Liberty! The ad will refer to South Carolina's rich history of fighting the American Revolution, and we will call upon it to continue the fight on 1/18/08!

So if there is support, I think we can reach everyone with the symbolism of Liberty and the idea of just how effective this can be in directly reaching South Carolina voters. Over 500,000 of them voted in the Republican primaries in 2000, and voter turnout should be much greater. Directly reaching three million people with a message specifically tailored to South Carolina could reap huge rewards we couldn't even dream of. :D

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Get us a number and we'll see.

I'm hoping we will know tomorrow. :)

Is the company willing to do it only for South Carolina? Or could we get them to help out elsewhere too?

This company is the South Carolina Newspaper Network. I don't think they charge for their services because its probably just newspapers working together to get all of them more ad placements. I'm certain that these networks exist in other states as well.

For example, if we accomplished this in South Carolina and it proved effective, we could reproduce the same results in Florida. ;)

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 04:13 AM
This will be the official thread for the Grassroots Central forum on this. I'm waiting on a couple of people to start throwing together the ad, but my lady in Romania has Photoshop and we're working on throwing a draft together right now. We'll definitely post it up here and get feedback and take suggestions. :)

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Bump.

PlaytoWin
01-08-2008, 08:46 AM
I am interested in supporting this. Keep us informed.

kesslma
01-08-2008, 08:58 AM
bump

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Okay, we have updates. We've received official estimates for running the ad in every daily and every weekly newspaper in South Carolina. Most of them would run the 16th but this could be bumped back to the 17th as well, probably best to run it a day or two before the primary to give people time to do more research.

The cost of having them produce the actual insert and distribute it will be right around $100,000. The total circulation for the weekly newspapers is 627,912, and the total circulation for the daily papers is 649,912. We're working on creating a layout for the ad right now, and then to refine exactly what we should say in the ad. We should be able to post a draft of what kind of design we are going for, specifically for South Carolina. :)

Regarding the money, I've contacted Trevor to see about the possibility of the blimp's company handling the fundraising, and someone else that might be able to use a church's status to do so? I'm not sure about all of this, but if anyone has any ideas or insight on the actual process of managing the fundraising, please share. :)

PimpBlimp
01-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I will donate and you should go ahead and file for a PAC.

me3
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Are we stressing the "State's Rights" message?

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes, we are stressing state-rights. We're also playing to South Carolina's rich heritage of leading the American Revolution and the struggle for state-rights. Immigration is huge in South Carolina, and we are linking Ron Paul's policies with local county ordinances seeking to remove the incentive for illegal immigration by deterring their employment.

We're also having a statement on Ron Paul's foreign policy, how it demonstrates he will protect our national security while strengthening our economy and keeping us and our troops safe here at home, with our borders secured and less incentive for us to be attacked. We'll be citing his voting record for bringing those responsible for 9/11 to justice and agansit the Iraqi War, as well as mentioning how Dr. Paul, as President, could eliminate a trillion dollars from overseas spending and then eliminate the federal income tax so that Americans can take care of themselves and their families.

We'll also have some information on Ron Paul the Man (borrowing it from the official campaign's eight state ad blitz), and something about freedom and liberty and bringing the government back to the people. :)

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Here is a draft of what kind of design we would be aiming towards. The insert will be glossy color, with two sides. The other side will incorporate the white "Liberty" from the Fort Moultrie flag.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p137/fireworks_god/Idea7.jpg

Probably begin taking a look at some ideas for the text. Definitely will be in that distinctive white on their flag's background. Probably won't sleep before work tonight. :D

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Bump.

Jeremy
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
If you do this, it should be soon and you need to get donators to it like you would a money bomb. Just look how slow operationbroadcastfreedom is at raising money... bad approach they took. This would need to be a big deal

Jeremy
01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I hope that was a very rough draft...

you need to get someone who has a lot of talent to design this

dbhohio47
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea

moostraks
01-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey is this the price for the printing or the printing and insert? My dh is in the business and I will run figures for you to check to make sure you are getting the best deal.(He is a printer and paid salary so don't think I am looking for profit...)

moostraks
01-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Also if you are in process of designing it he(DH) might could put you in touch with someone to format it correctly to get it out the door quicker....

daniroyer
01-08-2008, 02:58 PM
We're talking about doing something like this in the Winning Florida section. I've been playing phone tag with the ad lady at my hometown newpaper all day trying to get a quote.

bucfish
01-08-2008, 02:59 PM
You got my support

fireworks_god
01-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey is this the price for the printing or the printing and insert? My dh is in the business and I will run figures for you to check to make sure you are getting the best deal.(He is a printer and paid salary so don't think I am looking for profit...)

It includes the cost of producing the actual insert and then circulating it in every newspaper. I'm not sure if I broke down the amount that each thing cost, but it was about $34,000 for the weekly newspapers, $34,000 for the daily newspapers, and $34,000 for the cost of producing the actual insert being placed. This is 103 insertions with a circulation of 1,277,738. The insert will be glossy color, and the fact that they can coordinate a placement in 103 newspapers a week before we need it with only needing to make one contact and payment should count for something as well.

fireworks_god
01-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Bumping again. We need to throw the text together but I thought I would see there is still interest coming out of New Hampshire. Something like this will cost some money, and I'm wondering if its worth it to run with something like this. They typically like to have the insert in seven days before it runs, which would be today for some of the weeklies. Throwing the text together won't be difficult but me and my lady have never done this before, so we're hoping we can make it look good enough. We also have a graphic designer on these forums from SC that expressed interest in helping, so perhaps that would make it work better...

I'm super tired and am going to call her and lay down for awhile but it shouldn't take too long to do the text later if anyone really feels we could make this happen.