PDA

View Full Version : Obama, Cheney, Bush Related

RP-Republican
01-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Who says Barack Obama doesn't have what it takes to be president?

Turns out, he's a distant cousin of both Dick Cheney and George Bush.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172007/news/regionalnews/dissing_cousins__obama__cheney.htm

newbitech
01-08-2008, 02:24 AM
you'd get more mileage out of the CFR angle.

Ogren
01-08-2008, 02:25 AM
You could probably say virtually anyone is related to cheney and bush using the same logic. even paul.

RP-Republican
01-08-2008, 02:26 AM
you'd get more mileage out of the CFR angle.

You don’t think that is just weird as hell?

amy31416
01-08-2008, 02:41 AM
Holy shit! I'm related to Cheney, Obama AND Bush.

Hey wait, aren't we all related if we look far back enough?

smartguy911
01-08-2008, 02:42 AM
thats is weird. what are the chances? even if its great great great great great great great grandparents. still the chances. I hope Obama doesn't turn out to be Bush 2.0.

RP-Republican
01-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Holy shit! I'm related to Cheney, Obama AND Bush.

Hey wait, aren't we all related if we look far back enough?

Yeah if you go back far enough, thousands of years or something but Cheney and Obama are related from the 17th century France and Bush and Obama from some people from Boston, MA after America was founded I think the article said. Just seems funny to me.

amy31416
01-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Yeah if you go back far enough, thousands of years or something but Cheney and Obama are related from the 17th century France and Bush and Obama from some people from Boston, MA after America was founded I think the article said. Just seems funny to me.

Interesting. I'm so sick and on too much cold medication to really comprehend much of anything on more than a superficial level right now. Plus, it's almost 4 AM and I haven't been able to sleep.

I'd bet that Cheney and Bush aren't even aware of this. So I'll guess, in my haze of cold medicine, that this doesn't matter even one little bit.

RP-Republican
01-08-2008, 03:03 AM
I'd bet that Cheney and Bush aren't even aware of this. So I'll guess, in my haze of cold medicine, that this doesn't matter even one little bit.

Actually it was Cheney's wife that first reported it I believe.

newbitech
01-08-2008, 03:12 AM
You don’t think that is just weird as hell?

actually not at all. I saw a myth busters on it. The way they find that out is by a genetic marker in DNA and look for a high probability of a match to connect the different lines. take a look at this website http://www.familytreedna.com/dna101.html

You will see that the genetic marker is passed down through all generations. Basically the further back you go the larger the gene pool to pass on the marker.

So 8th cousins look like this.

you
2 parents
4 grandparents
8 great grand parents
16 great great
32 great great great
64 great great great great
128 great great great great great
256 great great great great great great

other person.

There is a high probability that one of those potentially 512 ancestors was the same person for each of you.

What you see is that the farther back in time you go, the higher probability that one of these people passed on a common gene to you and whoever.