PDA

View Full Version : Canvass the trash cans on pre-trash night *IDEA*

rv36116
01-08-2008, 02:13 AM
So, I've been thinking of different ways to canvass a bit differently.

Here's the idea:

1 - take a pack of Ron Paul flyers/slim jims
2 - Punch a single hole in the corner of each
3 - get a bunch of paper/wire twist ties
4 - on the night before garbage day, attach a RP flyer/slim jim to the handle of the garbage can (or the metal part across the bottom front of the trash cart ( http://www.wmorangecounty... )
so it will not fall off when the trash is tossed on trash day.
5 - some one has to get the cart back to the house, and at that time they can see the flyer/slim jim and either read it & learn more about Dr. Paul or toss it out (the trash can is right there), either way, I don't think it would be very offensive since it's right on the trash can, and takes a second to pull it off and read or trash it.
6 - I would suggest possibly doing door to door regular canvassing with DVD's a couple days after to further the effect of this type of canvassing.

I'm planning on trying it this week, anyone else interested?

RSLudlum
01-08-2008, 02:15 AM
quite creative...

LibertyForAll
01-08-2008, 02:21 AM
You can also add a flyer that says "Help Clean Up The Garbage In Washington D.C. Politics. Vote for Ron Paul."

rv36116
01-08-2008, 02:22 AM
That's exactly what I'm hoping will make people go "huh, what's that?" and actually read the shiny nice slim jim with info on the good Doc.

rv36116
01-08-2008, 02:22 AM
Nice one!

You can also add a flyer that says "Help Clean Up The Garbage In Washington D.C. Politics. Vote for Ron Paul."