PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots = Cool

mrd
01-08-2008, 12:46 AM
The grassroots as a whole have a momentous amount of creative energy. I think it's being wasted.

If instead we all brainstormed on how government should be changed at all levels, local through federal, by now we'd have a more well thought-out and constructed plan than any other organization in history.

Or we can expend all this creative energy trying to convince enough millions of American citizens that Ron Paul is worth their vote, when their TVs, newspapers, and magazines are telling them Ron Paul is a nobody.

It's cool, I know what you're saying. Shut up, go push Ron Paul. Well, I have been. I've noticed, though, there never seems to be enough people out there who believe what's on their TV, in their newspapers and magazines. Even the ones I've convinced are still susceptible to the MSM brainwashing.

It's strange, I find myself aware of America in this condition. It's hard to believe. Corporate media has such a strangle-hold over our democratic system. They control popular perception. It's like, the beginning of an Orwellian nightmare playing out, and I feel helpless. And angry.

And it goes beyond America. Heck, even if I feared this country enough to flee to another with my family, I would not be safe. No matter how great another country's political, economic or social situation can become, the USA is the world's greatest military superpower by far, and the threat of invasion or a CIA coup is all the more present.

What. The. Fuck.

justinc.1089
01-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Well thats why the revolution wants to take congress as well as the presidency. We all want major change in government. If ron paul republicans held the presidency and a majority in congress, we would see great things happening to ensure freedom for a very long time to come.

If our founding fathers managed to give us freedom for a century or two, the ron paul revolution would certainly ensure freedom for another century or two also.

So getting Paul elected president is the first step.