PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have list or website handy detailing voter-turnout in primaries by state?

FreedomLover
07-20-2007, 01:52 AM
As well as registered voters, as recent as possible.

This will go towards quantifying our goals of a Ron Paul Nomination, as well as understanding the precedents involved and better understanding the amounts and limits of votes we can expect on a state by state basis.

Caucuses as well if possible.

I have tried, but can't find anything succinct, contemporary, or categorized well enough to be useful, besides a few states that are more or less well documented.

In order to have a real national campaign, we will need to know these trends and successfully predict how far-reaching our activites should be, where we should use our resources, etc.

Post it in this thread, this is for everybody to do their own research as well.

Thanks guys. :cool:

lynnf
07-20-2007, 06:38 AM

This will go towards quantifying our goals of a Ron Paul Nomination, as well as understanding the precedents involved and better understanding the amounts and limits of votes we can expect on a state by state basis.

I have tried, but can't find anything succinct, contemporary, or categorized well enough to be useful, besides a few states that are more or less well documented.

In order to have a real national campaign, we will need to know these trends and successfully predict how far-reaching our activites should be, where we should use our resources, etc.

This is the closest that I found:

http://elections.gmu.edu/Voter_Turnout_2004_Primaries.htm

lynn

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-20-2007, 06:45 AM
I don't have anything to back up what I feel (I know, that sounds very liberal :)).

However, usually only the die-hards come out to vote in primaries. Maybe 20% of a party's registered voters in a "contested race".

If every Ron Paul supporter would just register Republican and vote in their state's primary or attend the caucus, Ron Paul will get AT LEAST 15% of the GOP vote. That means delegates, and in a crowded field, that means staying in it, while the bigger names drop out.

LarryWhite
07-20-2007, 08:48 AM
There's hardly any info online about votes in the last primaries that I could find. You can use this thread to get an idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6573

The CNN website has votes by state and county, it's votes for Bush v Kerry, so figure only 50% or less of those #'s will actually vote in the primary, probably much lower, but even at 50% the numbers look promising.

Watch for Democrat crossover vote for Bush, there was a lot of it in 2004 because of Kerry.

lynnf
07-20-2007, 08:53 AM

also found this paper which listed some sources

Primary Turnout Data (1996-2004)

Sources:

Committee for the Study of the American Electorate (CSAE)
Democracy in Action project (www.gwu.edu/~action/2004/)
Federal Election Commission (FEC)
George Mason University (US Elections’ Project)
The Green Papers (www.thegreenpapers.com)
William G. Mayer and Andrew E. Busch’s The Front-Loading Problem in
Presidential Nominations, Brookings Institution Press, Washington D.C.;

lynn

Bradley in DC
07-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Probably not the answer you want, but go to each state's Secretary of State's web site.