PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is the darling of the Wall St securities industry according to Marketwatch

RonPaulVolunteer
01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- New Hampshire's party faithful are at the polls today, and primary season is now officially underway. In these contests, it is to each voter, one vote, one candidate.

On Wall Street, election fever has been underway for a year or more. The rules here are different. Each banker or broker may vote with as many dollars as he or she is willing to donate in accordance with government rules. Otherwise, there are no limits. Every day is Election Day. If you don't like what a candidate says today, support someone else tomorrow.

The stakes in this race could hardly be higher: The financial industry gives more cash to presidential campaigns than does any other business.

Barack Obama is the man of the moment on the campaign trail, but is he a Wall Street darling? To find out, I looked at the most recent campaign-finance information at the Federal Election Commission.
Another option was something called WallStChatter.com, which polled "Wall Street chat rooms" to find where the securities industry is casting its support. When the site on Jan. 3 found that Ron Paul was most popular on Wall Street., I decided to follow the money instead.

Source: http://www.marketwatch.com (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/wall-street-backs-change-long/story.aspx?guid=%7BE50FDC51-726A-459E-9599-9018C9FF11D3%7D)

adpierce
01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Duh!

N13
01-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Maybe those people should be a little more active in their $upport for Ron Paul.

Indy Vidual
01-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks for sharing the article. :)

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-08-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't get it.. Wall Street gets first dibs on new money

:confused:

Carole
01-08-2008, 12:40 AM
If you red the entire article, you will see most of theri money went to other candidates, not Dr. Paul.

JordanL
01-08-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't get it.. Wall Street gets first dibs on new money

:confused:

Investors don't, the people who create the stock do, much like the people who create the money.