PDA

View Full Version : NBC pushing paul hard...

Ginobili
01-08-2008, 12:02 AM
...and slandering FAUX news at the same time... this is perfect on so many levels.

1. Jay Leno is practically a rEVOLutionary from the interveiws i've seen.
2. Local NBC, Austin, NBC attacked Fox TWICE for excluding Ron Paul, at pretty primetime hours too, including a really good interveiw with a Austinite Paulhead.
3. If NBC keeps this up, it could lead to more "less then truthful" stories that FAUX puts out to be brought to light, which will take away from the Faux side. And once they are de-foxed, they will be more receptive to sanity.

So... it seems NBC is playing their cards quite well. Sticking up for Ron Paul = tons of Paulites giving them better reviews = NBC replaces FOX as THE news company, and in the process Ron Paul gets a boost from it.

Just my opinion, any one else?

Edit: Yes, yes of course I know its for money :P Thats what im saying though, NBC tries to edge its way to be THE BEST (or tied for the best) and money goes up, while foxes goes down.

austin356
01-08-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't think this (w/ NBC specifically) is the result of any real articulated corporate strategy, but rather a showing of who actually has the least corrupted editors and commentators.

CNN on the other hand I think is actively engaging areas and subjects FOX would never touch because they have been killed by Fox over the last decade. They want their prestige back and this is a way to discredit Fox while increasing their own creditability among the general population.

Lets get this straight. Its always about making money. Fox still believes that they make the most money by filtering and controlling the reporting so it provides the best entertainment. CNN is figuring out that gaining trust helps out better in the long run.

dante
01-08-2008, 12:08 AM
If I were a media exec of a company that had been losing voters to fox I would jump all over this chance to one up them and do exactly what you've been saying. However lets not forget GE part of the MIC owns NBC. I do think though that the debate exclusion and the resulting fallout- press- leno interview etc.. could very well shape up into being the turning point we needed for the campaign.
THIS IS WHY IT IS CRUCIAL THAT WE REMAIN ON OUR BEST BEHAVIOR... NO MORE SNOWBALLING HANNITY.
As long as we continue to take the high road we will continue to grow. America loves the underdog

Duckman
01-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Don't forget that MSNBC delivered the huge Tucker hit piece. Although I personally believe Tucker was told he HAD to interview that shill. I am surprised Tucker is not better informed about the newsletter stuff.

jake
01-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I don't think this (w/ NBC specifically) is the result of any real articulated corporate strategy, but rather a showing of who actually has the least corrupted editors and commentators.

CNN on the other hand I think is actively engaging areas and subjects FOX would never touch because they have been killed by Fox over the last decade. They want their prestige back and this is a way to discredit Fox while increasing their own creditability among the general population.

Lets get this straight. Its always about making money. Fox still believes that they make the most money by filtering and controlling the reporting so it provides the best entertainment. CNN is figuring out that gaining trust helps out better in the long run.

sums it up nicely. they also realize they can sleep at night. :D

hummtide
01-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Its simple.. NBC and CNN smelled blood in the water, and are using Paul to "shock" Fixed news complacency by stunning the election results while taking down Fixed News all at once!

RSLudlum
01-08-2008, 12:13 AM
best of both worlds for all Americans!!! :)

Broadlighter
01-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Could this be the interplay of the free-market?

Primbs
01-08-2008, 12:14 AM
ABC radio mentioned that Ron Paul would be on Jay Leno's show at 10:00 tonight in the D.C. area.

paulitics
01-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Some Clinton backed media is on our side, for pragmatic reasons. Lets see how it plays out tomorrow, and how Clinton vs Obama does. We are the wildcard in their race. Could we be pawns, and the reason for the turn around these last few days?

I think the original plan was for Obama to offer Clinton a challenge and for her to miraculously overcome it. Well, it has proven to be more of a challenge than they thought, and if she loses handedly tomorrow, it is over for her.

RSLudlum
01-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Its simple.. NBC and CNN smelled blood in the water, and are using Paul to "shock" Fixed news complacency by stunning the election results while taking down Fixed News all at once!

It is working people we are changing things and didn't even realize this would happen in the meantime,,,,

REVOLUTION is alive!!!

Ginobili
01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Nothing wrong with being a pawn for news stations vying for power. They have no dirt on us to throw around later once we are used up. So, in the end, every one wins.

driller80545
01-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Could this be the interplay of the free-market?

Bump

voytechs
01-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Pushing hard? They did a show on tucker about RP being racist.

Ginobili
01-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Pushing hard? They did a show on tucker about RP being racist.

Ok, so tuckers a fuc*-face. But from every thing i've seen today (i missed that), its been VERY possitve Ron Paul.

vulture
01-08-2008, 12:26 AM

The beauty of the free market in a nutshell. The other news channels smell blood on the water because Fox stepped on their own dick, and they are looking to rip some market share flesh from Fox while the opportunity is hot.

Let's make no mistake, none of the big media networks gives a damn about Ron Paul. But as long as we make it worth their economic while to give a damn about Ron Paul, they'll eagerly support him in an effort to destroy their competition. The other media networks sense an opportunity and it is up to us to give it to them because they will love us for it.

Fox News got its start by addressing a market that had previously been ignored by the news networks and they made a mint off it. The other media news networks learned that lesson. Recently, they have started to realize that Ron Paul represents a rather large fraction of the American population, and if they can grab that fraction for themselves they can almost immediately become one of the top news channels. They do not love Paulites, they love the money and power that comes with catering to the Paulites. Until now, they did not realize just how big a faction it was.

The media is not our friend, but they will love us for the money we can make them. It is not always bad in politics to have your own media whores, and we have become big enough that we are starting to look like a prime mark well worth getting in bed with.

Liberty Star
01-08-2008, 12:29 AM
CNN RP interview was also great.

Maybe Faux fascism was a blessing in disguise for RP.

ronpaulfan
01-08-2008, 12:31 AM
THIS IS WHY IT IS CRUCIAL THAT WE REMAIN ON OUR BEST BEHAVIOR... NO MORE SNOWBALLING HANNITY.

LOL. I take it you've never seen Clerks :p

:D

vulture
01-08-2008, 12:38 AM
LOL. I take it you've never seen Clerks :p

:D

Hey, she only had intercourse with six guys. :)

Grandson of Liberty
01-08-2008, 12:39 AM
CNN RP interview was also great.

Maybe Faux fascism was a blessing in disguise for RP.

Genesis 50:20 comes to mind :

"But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive."

Just seems to fit. :)

Carole
01-08-2008, 12:49 AM
You are so right.

Hey, even as nice as Leno was to Dr. Paul, he still indicated he would not win, but in a very nice way.

Something like, "If you are not running, but home watching the race if there a Democrat...?"

vulture
01-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Hey, even as nice as Leno was to Dr. Paul, he still indicated he would not win, but in a very nice way.

To be perfectly honest, I do not expect Dr. Paul to win. But I do expect him to gain enough support in both the elections and the media that the political parties will covet the faction he represents and envy their support. In my best case scenario the US returns to Constitutional government, but I would not be unhappy with a political and media establishment that has discovered that it is highly beneficial to kiss the ass of those that do want Constitutional government as a second place prize. Traditionally, we don't even exist.

Carole
01-08-2008, 01:02 AM
I disagree. Super Tuesday, Florida, California, Illinois all the big states, metropolitan states, cities will be where her support is. If Giuliani is no longer viable by then, Romney benefits, not Huckabee.

Even though New Yorker's are not happy with how Giuliani governed, the little people, that is, the moneyed ones and influential ones will support him. Same with Hillary. But if Giuliani keeps slipping Super Tuesday, Romney and Clinton both could benefit.

Unfortunately Clinton will bounce back. If she dumps her campaign people and James Cargille indeed joins her campaign as he indicates, she will benefit. this may happen after tommorrow.