PDA

View Full Version : Scientific Polls

gravesdav
05-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I just found how good of a candidate Ron Paul was after the MSNBC debates. I first thought he was a throw away candidate until I read the online poll which had him winning by a huge margin. I know RP has huge online support, which is a great indicator, but are there any scientific polls that show high Paul numbers. Online polls where the person goes to vote and polls where the person answers a call are two different things. Also, is there any numbers to show how much the debates helped Ron Paul.

Therion
05-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't think that he's scored higher than 3% in any scientific poll.

LibertyOrDie
05-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Here is a link to thread about an article that explains some of this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=733

cujothekitten
05-21-2007, 05:35 PM
As of about the 15th he's at 3%. Though the polls are scientific I'd also like to point out that many of his supporters are younger and probably use cell phones and are currently registered democratic or independent.

This is why it's important to get out the message about registering as a republican and voting in the primary.

Melchior
05-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Being an underdog candidate, low poll numbers are to be expected. Interestingly though there is a trend of them creeping up, 1%, 2%, 3%, etc.

He's also the "top underdog," since while he isn't on the same level as the top tier, he's closer in percentage, coverage and popularity than any of those other losers.

Bossobass
05-21-2007, 06:11 PM
The so-called scientific polls are nonsense.

There are approximately 100,000,000 eligible voters who did not register or vote in 2004.

The polls do not consider those people. They poll what they call 'likely registered Republicans'.

They ask questions like: "If the election were held today, would you vote for X candidate or Y candidate?"

I'm one of those who didn't register or vote in 2004. I'm not affiliated with any party. I've never been polled.

I will register Republican, vote for Ron Paul, donate the limit to his campaign, make more videos that support him, tell every single person I work with, work for, am related to and meet on the street, be at the debate venue carrying a Ron Paul sign and follow him to the White House lawn on Innaguration Day.

The scientists don't have a category for us.

Bosso

Therion
05-21-2007, 06:13 PM

There are approximately 100,000,000 eligible voters who did not register or vote in 2004.

Are you serious? That's about 1/3 of the country. :eek:

Hopefully RP can snag a few of those millions.

DavyDuke17
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM

The polls do not consider those people. They poll what they call 'likely registered Republicans'.

They ask questions like: "If the election were held today, would you vote for X candidate or Y candidate?"

I'm one of those who didn't register or vote in 2004. I'm not affiliated with any party. I've never been polled.

I will register Republican, vote for Ron Paul, donate the limit to his campaign, make more videos that support him, tell every single person I work with, work for, am related to and meet on the street, be at the debate venue carrying a Ron Paul sign and follow him to the White House lawn on Innaguration Day.

Bosso

Spot on.

randolphus maximus
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Bosso

Spot on

Therion
05-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Spot on.

Spot on

Haha.

DavyDuke17
05-21-2007, 06:23 PM
In the very same minute we had the exact same response besides a period mark .. creepy, lol

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I've maintained that they are not reaching RP supporters in their landline polls. We're heavily techie, don't answer our landlines if we have them, and many are young or disaffected and have never voted before or in a long time (they screen for "likely" voters). Many are not Republicans and would also not register in the polls.

Here in MN, it was a big surprise when Jesse Ventura was elected governor because the polls could not detect his unique base of support. The same phenomenon applies to Ron Paul.

Do not despair. His online support will soon spill over to the general population by word of mouth and with the increased press he's been getting thanks to the debates.

[Cut and pasted from an email I sent yesterday. If you've seen it before, I'm typed out for today.]

randolphus maximus
05-21-2007, 06:41 PM
great minds...you know the rest. lol!

RP in 08

JoshLowry
05-21-2007, 09:27 PM
In the very same minute we had the exact same response besides a period mark .. creepy, lol

Like he said, there isn't a scientific category for those 100,000,000 voters!