PDA

View Full Version : Now we have to beat Newt, too!

Dave
07-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Newt Gingrich is running for president. He hasn't declared it yet but consider this:

He has spent more time in Iowa than Ron Paul, Giuliani, Gilmore, Hunter, and about the same as McCain.
I met him in Iowa in August 2005 and by everything he was talking about I was convinced then that he would run.
It was reported by ABC today that he told Diane Sawyer that there was a "great possibility" that he would run. Here's the link: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story?id=3171298&page=1
He's trying to steal the limelight at the Ames Straw Poll. His 'American Solutions for Winning the Future' organization has rented tent space outside with the candidates and is hosting workshops during the day.
Check out the website for this American Solutions thing. There's a clock counting down to "Solutions Day" on 9/27/07. http://www.americansolutions.com/ Newt had previously indicated he would decide by late September whether he would run. Coincidence? Not.Gingrich will try to be the knight in shining armor to ride in and rescue the 'mainstream' GOP from their dissatisfaction with the crop of candidates. He carries a lot of baggage but has a reputation for orchestrating the GOP takeover of congress in 1994 with his 'contract with America'. He also says we have to get out of Iraq ASAP. Look for him to enter the race and start parroting the great Ron Paul. A lot of republicans would like to return to the glory days when the GOP beat up the democrats and took congress back after decades out of power.

Wherever our campaign is two months from now, this will have a huge impact on the race. We must get all the traction we can before the old media becomes fully distracted by Newt - it's going to make you sick. What more can we do as Ron Paul supporters to make sure our man wins the nomination?

DeadheadForPaul
07-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm Not Concerned. Splitting the pro-war vote. In fact, him and Thompson are battling for the same voters in the South

ThePieSwindler
07-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm Not Concerned. Splitting the pro-war vote. In fact, him and Thompson are battling for the same voters in the South

If he wants to get out of Iraq, how would that make him pro-war? Do you mean pro-Iran war, perhaps, and pro interventionism?

He does have many of the same skeletons as some of the other frontrunners- such as his marital life (he has been married three times, like rudy.. and thompson has his own marital liabilities). However he does parlay that into "asking God for forgiveness".

hells_unicorn
07-19-2007, 10:19 PM
All I know is that come debate time Ron Paul is going to rip Newt Gingrich apart on his utter failure otherwise known as the "Contract with America", the ultimate downfall of the GOP once they gained control of Congress. Ron Paul got back into the game of politics because of a hope to shrink government, and Newt is one of the most directly responsible for scuttling that hope.

Bring him on, we'll have ourselves a good little party.

ThePieSwindler
07-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Well we have until late september to worry about any of this. Just focus on spreading Dr. Paul's message for now!

Oddball
07-19-2007, 10:30 PM
He carries a lot of baggage but has a reputation for orchestrating the GOP takeover of congress in 1994 with his 'contract with America'.You kiddin'? He has more baggage than LAX on Thanksgiving weekend!

FreedomLover
07-19-2007, 10:39 PM
You kiddin'? He has more baggage than LAX on Thanksgiving weekend!

haha, did you hear about the fact that he was engaged in a long-running affair while he was railing against clinton for his extra-marital adventures with monica?

lol.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-19-2007, 11:07 PM
haha, did you hear about the fact that he was engaged in a long-running affair while he was railing against clinton for his extra-marital adventures with monica?

This while his wife was dying of cancer. (Am I thinking of the right affair?)

Chester Copperpot
07-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Newt Gingrich is running for president. He hasn't declared it yet but consider this:

He has spent more time in Iowa than Ron Paul, Giuliani, Gilmore, Hunter, and about the same as McCain.
I met him in Iowa in August 2005 and by everything he was talking about I was convinced then that he would run.
It was reported by ABC today that he told Diane Sawyer that there was a "great possibility" that he would run. Here's the link: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story?id=3171298&page=1
He's trying to steal the limelight at the Ames Straw Poll. His 'American Solutions for Winning the Future' organization has rented tent space outside with the candidates and is hosting workshops during the day.
Check out the website for this American Solutions thing. There's a clock counting down to "Solutions Day" on 9/27/07. http://www.americansolutions.com/ Newt had previously indicated he would decide by late September whether he would run. Coincidence? Not.Gingrich will try to be the knight in shining armor to ride in and rescue the 'mainstream' GOP from their dissatisfaction with the crop of candidates. He carries a lot of baggage but has a reputation for orchestrating the GOP takeover of congress in 1994 with his 'contract with America'. He also says we have to get out of Iraq ASAP. Look for him to enter the race and start parroting the great Ron Paul. A lot of republicans would like to return to the glory days when the GOP beat up the democrats and took congress back after decades out of power.

Wherever our campaign is two months from now, this will have a huge impact on the race. We must get all the traction we can before the old media becomes fully distracted by Newt - it's going to make you sick. What more can we do as Ron Paul supporters to make sure our man wins the nomination?

Its like the NWO has these guys all on deck to try to keep filling the ranks.. Rudy McRomney is faltering so Fred Thompson is up.. okay so he copies Ron Paul..
Now Fred is taking heat without even declaring so they got Newt On deck. Im pretty sure there is one more guy other than Newt as well who hasnt declared yet..

Yeah split the vote even more.. better for Ron Paul.. I hope McCain stays in the race they can split up 30% between 5 people and Ron Paul can take the 70% by himself

jonahtrainer
07-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Its like the NWO has these guys all on deck to try to keep filling the ranks.

We just need to keep our eye on the prize. The competition does not mean much.

I had another conversation today, about 10 minutes long, with a good friend about Ron Paul. He had never heard of him. He is excited now. The wildfire of liberty will spread through word of mouth and the Internet.

We need to constantly be sponsoring somebody new into the Ron Paul camp. One or more per week should be sufficient. In fact, someone I sponsored a couple weeks ago has now sponsored 6 more (2 staunch Democrats) in this week alone.

We need to get face to face with all the people we commiserate about the government with. With our enthusiasm we need to invite them to visit RonPaul2008.com. RonPaul2008.com and the YouTubes will turn them into supporters.

Then follow-up with them and encourage them to talk to new people everyday and every week also.

We need to tap our networks and spread the message with the people whom we trust and who trust us. There are very few people I associate with who do not agree with his message when they are adequately informed about it. The logic is very persuasive and so is Dr. Paul.

In fact, one of my good friends and I got into a discussion about Sicko. He is a bleeding pocket Democrat and he knows I am very free market. But after I explained to him the economics he said 'I never thought of it that way.' The seed is planted and soon I will follow up with him to invite him to watch a YouTube.

Bradley in DC
07-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Newt paid for a big presence at CPAC past two times, but...

there was good reason the House conservatives rebelled against him!

angrydragon
07-19-2007, 11:29 PM
But after I explained to him the economics he said 'I never thought of it that way.' The seed is planted and soon I will follow up with him to invite him to watch a YouTube.

Share what you said to him with us.

Dan Klaus
07-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Its like the NWO has these guys all on deck to try to keep filling the ranks.. Rudy McRomney is faltering so Fred Thompson is up.. okay so he copies Ron Paul..
Now Fred is taking heat without even declaring so they got Newt On deck. Im pretty sure there is one more guy other than Newt as well who hasnt declared yet..

Exactly!! Newt will fail, Thompson will fail, and wondering which name they will pull out of the rolladex next....

split_lipz
07-20-2007, 12:57 AM
This while his wife was dying of cancer. (Am I thinking of the right affair?)

Yup, the guy has some big moral issues.

d'anconia
07-20-2007, 12:59 AM
I *do* however think that Newt will be able to deal out some damage against many of the other inexperienced candidates. I'm expecting Romney especially to get exposed on his inexperience.

split_lipz
07-20-2007, 01:00 AM
I *do* however think that Newt will be able to deal out some damage against many of the other inexperienced candidates. I'm expecting Romney especially to get exposed on his inexperience.

I think Romney is a joke. He'll get ripped apart in a debate. Have you seen his ads? They've got to be the dumbest political ads I've seen; he's got nothing.

MozoVote
07-20-2007, 01:01 AM
If Gingrich really joins, he get 1% in the Iowa caucuses and drop out. He is no threat to any of the serious candidates.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-20-2007, 01:04 AM
ha I saw an interview with Newt by "Ali G" (Borat) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skv-wWCvGyw

buffalokid777
07-20-2007, 01:05 AM

Newt should listen to his own advice....

He said a pro Iraq war candidate on the republican side couldn't beat Hillary.....

His CFR status makes sure he won't be anti Iraq war....

If he changes his position...we know he's lying to get elected....

Newt doesn't have a prayer.....

I think we know Ron Paul is the ONLY anti-war candidate on the republican side....

He's proved it time and time again.

ronpaulhawaii
07-20-2007, 01:20 AM

Yeah split the vote even more.. better for Ron Paul.. I hope McCain stays in the race they can split up 30% between 5 people and Ron Paul can take the 70% by himself

Yup, the guy has some big moral issues.

Exactly!! Newt will fail, Thompson will fail, and wondering which name they will pull out of the rolladex next....

Bloomberg?

DjLoTi
07-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Newt will take a lot of votes away from Fred Thompson in GA, it would definitely change the game, but it hasn't been official so you can't really say that.

ronpaulhawaii
07-20-2007, 05:29 AM
<Unknown origin>

Subject: I promoted Ron on FreedomWorks Conference Call

Date: July 19, 2007 01:48 PM

Reply to sender Reply to group

I had not heard of Freedom Works before receiving this email. But I am on this call now. I got to ask Dick Armey a question a few minutes ago and asked him if Freedom Works would be endorsing Ron. Dick had only positive things to say about Ron, but when I pressed him for an endorsement he mumbled something about possible legal problems with an endorsement. Then Matt chimed in and asked me to contact Ron's campaign because they have not returned the candidate survey Freedom Works sent them. I am cc'ing the campaign on this email and will follow up with a phone call.

----- Forwarded Message ----FSent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:06:34 PMSubject: [RLCNY-Outreach] FreedomWorks Conference Call

FreedomWorks is having a conference call this tomorrow, Thursday July 19th at 1PM eastern to talk about Congress and the Presidential Campaigns. We'll also be discussing our plans for the 2008 election and how we can get involved in the presidential race. FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey and President Matt Kibbe will be on the call and you will get a chance to ask questions. To get in call (800) 395-0708 and ask to be connected to the FreedomWorks conference call with Dick Armey. FreedomWorks is a grassroots organization that fights for lower taxes, less government and more economic freedom for all Americans. Dick Armey is the former House Majority Leader and author of the Contract With America.-XanderPS-Here is the link to our press release.http://www.freedomw orks.org/ newsroom/ press_template. php?press_ id=2257------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Armey?

freelance
07-20-2007, 05:55 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15951435/

This is just too rich. He actually called for a curb to freedom of speech at the Loeb First Amendment Award Dinner earlier this year.

These people are downright scary.

markpa
07-20-2007, 06:07 AM
I don't think he will enter but if he does that would be great. Everyone else that the old media sends in will just split the vote. Ron Paul's messege is going to earn him a base that will show up at the polls at all cost.

angrydragon
07-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Newt's back and still crazy after all these years

By DOUG THOMPSON

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/cont/node/2542

Newt Gingrich is back and as rabid as ever, lobbing verbal bombs at anyone who disagrees with his narrow, right-wing view of the world.

Appearing on Meet the Press Sunday, Gingrich was his usual bombastic self, offering doomsday scenarios, predicting "one or more" American cities would be destroyed by a nuclear bomb or biological attack by terrorists, comparing the Iraq conflict with the American revolutionary war and claiming, in true war-mongering Republican fashion, that the only answer is victory in the Iraq war.

When moderator Tim Russert asked Gingrich how he would win the war in Iraq, he answered:

"First of all, you, you would empower General Petraeus. You'd pass the supplemental immediately. You'd give him the money. Second, you would encourage the Iraqis to triple the size of their regular army. Third, you would, you would encourage the development of a, of a military tribunal system to lock people up the way Abraham Lincoln would've done it. Fourth, you would establish a nationwide ID card with biometrics so you can actually track everybody in the country. Fifth, you would make sure that the State Department actually staffed the embassy with people in favor of winning the war and you actually had your fully, fully equipped intelligence and economic development teams. Six, you would say to the Iranians, "If you don't cut off everything you're doing, we'll begin to bring enormous pressure to bear with you," if necessary, blockading the flow of gasoline into Iran, which has to import 40 percent of its gasoline because it only has one refinery in the entire country.

So I would take-I would lean forward and say to the world, "We are, by George, going to make sure that the allies of America and the forces of freedom win, and we are the most powerful nation in history, and we have more than enough assets to do this." And we ought to do what it takes to win, not tolerate legislating defeat."

I hope he runs. It will be fun to take Newt Gingrich down one more time. Easy targets like him are a journalist's dream.

More at...
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/cont/node/2542

kylejack
07-20-2007, 10:40 AM
If he runs, that's trouble for us. Right now Ron Paul is the only real small government candidate.

freelance
07-20-2007, 10:55 AM

The roladex is empty. They may have to recycle. Makaka Allen anyone?

mtmedlin
07-20-2007, 08:21 PM
He doesnt know if hes coming or going.
READ his newest line of indecisiveness, thats a great leadership character.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070720/ap_on_el_pr/gingrich_thompson;_ylt=AtiK00fJnLRGpNfzPHVbO8vMWM0 F

He essentially says, if someone else will do it then i will let them.

Newt sucks.

Nathan Hale
07-20-2007, 09:05 PM

The editor of politics1.com agrees with your suspicions about the date of Newt's entry into the race. But there's one mitigating factor - Newt isn't doing well in the polls. Fred Thompson's entry into the race was preceded by much better numbers. Newt is better off trying for VP, or perhaps the US Senate. He's not that old, he'll have his chance. I think he's going to realize this, especially if his numbers fail to come up between now and September 2nd.

mtmedlin
07-20-2007, 09:51 PM
He doesnt know if hes coming or going.
READ his newest line of indecisiveness, thats a great leadership character.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070720/ap_on_el_pr/gingrich_thompson;_ylt=AtiK00fJnLRGpNfzPHVbO8vMWM0 F

He essentially says, if someone else will do it then i will let them.

Newt sucks.

READ the article, he says he probably WONT run if Fred does.