PDA

View Full Version : If Ron Paul doesn't win, he should run for Senator

Pete Kay
01-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I know this is really premature, but I think it's always good to have a plan B.

Let's just say that Ron Paul doen't make it to the Republican nomination, then I think the next logical course for the grassroots is to support a run for Senate. With the added clout that Ron Paul's Presidential run is giving him, he could have a lot more influence as a Texas Senator, than as a member of the House. I think this is a much more logical approach than pushing for a third party bid that he would surely lose.

I'm not saying this to be a downer; I really hope he wins New Hampshire tommorow, but after the Iowa letdown, I really want to have another avenue open in the minds of the grassroots to funnel our energy.

RevolutionSD
01-07-2008, 09:51 PM

Let's just say that Ron Paul doen't make it to the Republican nomination, then I think the next logical course for the grassroots is to support a run for Senate. With the added clout that Ron Paul's Presidential run is giving him, he could have a lot more influence as a Texas Senator, than as a member of the House. I think this is a much more logical approach than pushing for a third party bid that he would surely lose.

I'm not saying this to be a downer; I really hope he wins New Hampshire tommorow, but after the Iowa letdown, I really want to have another avenue open in the minds of the grassroots to funnel our energy.

Why would he "surely lose" a 3rd party run?
Perot would have pulled it off if he didn't go crazy!

DealzOnWheelz
01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Senate??

he's running to retain his seat in congress

and who cares we're taking this gravvy train to the whitehouse brother

Elwar
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
He ran for Senator back in the 80s.

I don't see why he'd run for Senator as the Republican presidential nominee though.

Bold As Love
01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I think that short of our main goal here...Ron Paul inaugurated the 44th President of the United States, that a strong 3rd Party run could have a similar effect on the long-term political climate to Goldwater '64.

I know its not saying much for my state, but I think it would be more difficult for Ron Paul to be elected to the Senate in Texas than to become President of the United States. The climate right here just doesn't suit it too well. I think we have the WORLDS POSTER CHILDREN for Republicans who campaign like Libertarians but govern like Democrats. Austin, IMO is full of them. We've sent 2 neo-cons to represent us in the Senate. No hope in sight. I do appreciate what youre saying though....

I don't want to think about that now. THE MAIN GOAL: INAUGURATION 2009. I want to think about Ron Paul winning my precinct in Texas on March 4th and doing anything I can do to help him win other precincts in this state and others both before and after then.

Chester Copperpot
01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Senate??

he's running to retain his seat in congress

and who cares we're taking this gravvy train to the whitehouse brother
YEAH!!!!!!!!

user
01-07-2008, 10:01 PM
He ran for Senate before and lost, but I think his chances would be better now. If RP could do this without risking his House seat, I think it's a good idea. As you said this would be plan B.

On the other hand, we're talking about Texas, right? A lot of neocons there. Too bad RP probably couldn't move to NH or some other state and run from there without being seen as a carpetbagger.

govtpigII
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM

Plan A - TAKE BACK AMERICA

Plan B - TAKE BACK AMERICA

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

RSLudlum
01-07-2008, 10:04 PM
You're losing site on our goal!!!!!

We want the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!!!

Pete Kay
01-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Why would he "surely lose" a 3rd party run?
Perot would have pulled it off if he didn't go crazy!

Well, for one, he wouldn't have the money like Perot. Two, it's really hard to get on the ballots and three, he wouldn't get into the debates. FOX excluded him as a Republican candidate. Do you think they are going to let him in as a third party candidate?

I'm only saying this now because after the Iowa cacuses I was really depressed when Ron placed 5th. If I knew there was some other tangible goal that Ron could achieve, it would have really helped ease the pain.

Matt Collins
01-07-2008, 10:54 PM
It depends on how well the Texas GOP likes Ron as to whether or not they would fight him for trying to take a Senate seat from one of the largest States in the country.

I think that he would do well as a Senator as he is definitely a statesman.

A 3rd party run for President will absolutely affect the outcome of the election, and unfortunately it will cause the Democrats to win. However from the perspective of Constitutionalism, there is no difference between the Demorubs and the Republicrats.

Opulen
01-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Were are just starting so thinking about plan b is inappropriate. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

Johncjackson
01-07-2008, 11:59 PM
He would need to first win his House Seat THEN look at the senate in 2010 or beyond ( when re the 2 Texas seats up?)

Johncjackson
01-08-2008, 12:01 AM
A 3rd party run for President will absolutely affect the outcome of the election, and unfortunately it will cause the Democrats to win. However from the perspective of Constitutionalism, there is no difference between the Demorubs and the Republicrats.

I think the Dems will win either way if RP is not the GOP nom.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-08-2008, 12:04 AM
People, even Leno has seen something in Ron Paul when he said "let's say you get the nomination". This is the first time I'v heard that. It's always "Let's say you dn't get the nomination....3rd party run?" Weve got to believe and work on this.

Opulen
01-08-2008, 12:07 AM
People, even Leno has seen something in Ron Paul when he said "let's say you get the nomination". This is the first time I'v heard that. It's always "Let's say you dn't get the nomination....3rd party run?" Weve got to believe and work on this.

Im with you? we should stop negative statements.

RonPauledbyYoutube
01-08-2008, 12:10 AM
We're in this war today!!! It's Ron or it's never. This is probably our last hope. Don't settle for later, let's fight, let wage this war for freedom TODAY!!!