PDA

View Full Version : RP Blimp Site Redesigned :)

JordanL
01-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Well, since I live in Oregon where we don't vote until May, I've been spending my time improving thigns for the blimp.

I just put the new design live, and would like to hear any feedback or bugs you notice. I'm still touching up thigns around the site, so the main page should begin to unclutter here in the next few hours.

RPSignbomb
01-07-2008, 09:46 PM
The site looks great but the blimp is dead... let's move on to things that will get votes.

ItsTime
link?

slantedview
i like. new site is a bit messed up in IE6 though.

LivingFree
01-07-2008, 09:47 PM
The site looks good. Check the "Recent Customers" flash at the top, it tends to overlap the blue bend at the top for longer name.

walt
01-07-2008, 09:48 PM
The site looks great but the blimp is dead... let's move on to things that will get votes.

+1

slantedview
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
The site looks good. Check the "Recent Customers" flash at the top, it tends to overlap the blue bend at the top for longer name.

yea i was going to comment on that too. i particularly like the content area. nice and tidy.

slantedview

last i heard votes were to be had in florida and SC where the blimp will be. don't speak of things that you don't know about.

ItsTime
You can not be serious? They are paying $2000 a month for this webmaster/designer right?

i like. new site is a bit messed up in IE6 though.

ValidusCustodiae
01-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Blimp could not be a better investment. Hell, I think it'd be cool to have TWO. But we need to keep Air Force RON AIRBORNE!

RonPaulVolunteer
01-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard Ron Paul talk about the blip (no typo) earlier, he said, "just come home"....

jake
01-07-2008, 09:53 PM
the blimp is creating a good deal of excitement wherever it flys by all accounts, but she needs to head to SC NOW

RonRules
01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
The blimp is beautiful, it's our emblem.

Let's give it the respect it deserves.

The new web site is great, let's help these guys out. I did.

JordanL
01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
You can not be serious? They are paying $2000 a month for this webmaster/designer right?

Oh you fucking wish. I haven't been paid a goddam cent and I lost my day job last week.

RonRules
01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
That's actually dirt cheap for a webmaster. These guys go for 80-90K/year. You're paying 1/2 price.

Your dollars are devaluating. If he/she was paid in gold, you wouldn't think it was that expensive.

Oil has not gone up in price for the last 20 years -- if you use gold coins.

ItsTime
01-07-2008, 10:18 PM
you lost your day job because of the blimp website? :confused:

I am really sorry that you did. What was your day job?

Taking care of the blimp website should have been a less than 30 min a day job. And people offered to do it for free.

Oh you fucking wish. I haven't been paid a goddam cent and I lost my day job last week.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-07-2008, 10:28 PM
That's actually dirt cheap for a webmaster.

Ah... no it's not anymore... I got out of the business for that reason... I work for free, just as a hobby now... Just did this... http:HopeAnthem.com

lasenorita
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
The header's pretty cool. So is the footer. The homepage is a bit too cluttered --- can't really focus on one thing but I suppose it's okay. One thing I'd like to point out is that in Firefox, the footer is not aligned properly in some pages. (See Why not PAC?, Transparency, and Graphics/Message). Oh, and I like the simplicity of the blog design. And I especially like the updating "Recent Customer" ticker in the header! :)

QuesoPantera
01-07-2008, 10:43 PM

Good for you dude... fuck the naysayers they don't understand what this thing has done. It's gone over my town, I've seen what it does

shame on you people for shitting on such amazing efforts by concerned citizens, stop posting your filth

Green Mountain Boy
01-07-2008, 10:50 PM
It's a little screwy in Firefox 2.0.0.11

http://travels.i8.com/misc/ScreenShot001.jpg

JordanL
01-07-2008, 11:12 PM
It's a little screwy in Firefox 2.0.0.11

That's certainly a pain in the ass. Firefox 1.5 renders it fine. I guess my assumption that FF can't possibly break things in new versions that it didn't break in old versions wasn't a very good one.

Ah... no it's not anymore... I got out of the business for that reason... I work for free, just as a hobby now... Just did this... http:HopeAnthem.com

There is a monumental difference between web design and web development. I do, and am doing, both. Everything from PHP OSS integration, to SQL optimization to design to CSS. I imagine it is hard to only be a designer, or only write HTML + CSS... but I do full development, and the earlier poster was absolutely correct. That is normally an 80k-90k/year position.

Taking care of the blimp website should have been a less than 30 min a day job. And people offered to do it for free.

Do you have any idea what REAL web development is like? There's nothing simple about it.

What really frustrates me is that people have this irrational hatred for the blimp project, and for some reason, direct that same hatred towards people like me who just do what they can. I'm fucking tired of people insinuating that I'm a greedy, lazy person because of the blimp.

texasliberty
01-07-2008, 11:56 PM
I think it looks really good, and THANK YOU very much, Jordan!!! :D

JordanL
01-08-2008, 02:47 AM
I think it looks really good, and THANK YOU very much, Jordan!!! :D

Thank you. :)

And I got around to fixing the footer on those three pages that were borked. ;)

expatinireland
01-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Thanks for all the work.

Why the change though?

The old site looked fine as well and change can confuse customers. :confused:

By the way on the Blimp Blog the text is running into the blue margin and is
unreadable. I run Firefox 2.0.0.11

Where you quote "Ron on the Blimp", rather than using the quote you did I would quote his statement that the Blimp is worth millions in advertising. IMHO using Ron's statement that the Blimp is worth millions would give people more incentive to click on the link and look at the video and more importantly to open their wallets and donate again.

All the best

gecko42
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM
I like it! Don't let the haters and trolls get you down. They are hoping you will quit because your work is so good.