PDA

View Full Version : Smear/Kirchick Discredited: Now let's GOTFV

MCockerill08
01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I just got off the phone with HQ, and to paraphrase:

*Reporting has been troublesome, worried it will hinder our GOTV effort.

*Individual who wrote them was immediately fired upon realization,, prior to RP returning to congress or even deciding he was running.

*Dr. Paul was careless in not immediately addressing newsletters. He more or less let independent writers take over it after awhile (i.e. kinda got tired of it,) takes 'moral responsibility,' for them.
*Dr. Paul has been condemning racism in his writings for decades; long before he had any presidential or even congressional ambitions. No motive for him to write books condemning racism while at the same time writing newsletters saying blacks are bad etc.

*The Campaign will be soon coming out with a press release addressing all of this.

We need to GOTV and forget about this; this was designed to hurt our cause, and we can't let them. Let's face it, it's possible Ron Paul won't win this election. However, even if we don't prevail, we must gain momentum and viability to lay crucial groundwork for a libertarian revolution in the near future. (perhaps in the 2012 elections) Moreover, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't about Ron Paul, but his ideas, remember. The Dr. Paul we know and love is no racist, but it's not significant in the scheme of things.

P.S.
According to Andrew Sullivan from a November blog, Jamie Kirchick actually supports Giuliani for president and apparently has been out to get Dr. Paul for sometime; he originally hyper-ventilated about that $500 check...

(note, the italicized portion of this post reflects my opinions, not that of the campaign guy.)

Ronin
01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I just got off the phone with HQ, and to paraphrase:

Reporting has been troublesome, worried it will hinder our GOTV effort.

Individual who wrote them was immediately fired upon realization,, prior to RP returning to congress or even deciding he was running.

Dr. Paul was careless in not immediately addressing newsletters. He more or less let independent writers take over it after awhile (i.e. kinda got tired of it,) takes 'moral responsibility,' for them.
Dr. Paul has been condemning racism in his writings for decades; long before he had any presidential or even congressional ambitions. No motive for him to write books condemning racism while at the same time writing newsletters saying blacks are bad etc.

The Campaign will be soon coming out with a press release addressing all of this.

We need to GOTV and forget about this; this was designed to hurt our cause, and we can't let them. Let's face it, Dr. Paul likely isnt going to win this election. However, even if we don't prevail, we must gain momentum and viability to lay crucial groundwork for a libertarian revolution in the near future. (perhaps in the 2012 elections) Moreover, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't about Ron Paul, but his ideas, remember. The Dr. Paul we know and love is no racist, but it's not significant in the scheme of things.

P.S.
According to Andrew Sullivan from a November blog, Jamie Kirchick actually supports Giuliani for president and apparently has been out to get Dr. Paul for sometime; he originally hyper-ventilated about that $500 check...

In the above quote where does the paraphrasing end? I hope before the "Let's face it" part.

Deborah K
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
In the above quote where does the paraphrasing end? I hope before the "Let's face it" part.

Yeah no kidding! Why in theeee world would anyone be talking about "....isn't likely going to win this election....." ???

Wroooooong use of words, wrong attitude. Not helpful.:mad:

rs3515
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Individual who wrote them was immediately fired upon realization,, prior to RP returning to congress or even deciding he was running.

I appreciate your desire to want to set the record straight with HQ, but where have you been the past 6 months? This has been discussed, rehashed, and discussed again at least 20 times. Ends up becoming the topic du jour whenever there is a new influx of supporters.

We need some type of "Ron Paul Myths" section.

me3
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Let's face it, Dr. Paul likely isnt going to win this election. However, even if we don't prevail, we must gain momentum and viability to lay crucial groundwork for a libertarian revolution in the near future. (perhaps in the 2012 elections) Moreover, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't about Ron Paul, but his ideas, remember. The Dr. Paul we know and love is no racist, but it's not significant in the scheme of things.
We're in this to win it son. Too much blood, sweat, tears and money invested.

Save your half hearted optimism for after the campaign. There are no guarantees we're going to get another chance in 2012, and it certainly isn't going to be a "libertarian revolution". It will be an American one.

MCockerill08
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Guys my mistake, I didn't properly denote what was my commentary.

liberty_rp08
01-07-2008, 09:21 PM
New York Times apologizes for article claiming Ron Paul is a White Supremacist (http://themedium.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/26/editors-note-the-ron-paul-vid-lash/)

SPREAD THIS AROUND!

TheIndependent
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
jkirchick@tnr.com

freelance
01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Guys my mistake, I didn't properly denote what was my commentary.

You can hit the edit button and edit your own posts. ;)

chadism
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
For god's sake, don't send this guy nasty emails. He will just pick the worst two and make a big deal out of it. . .

These people are lying sacks of shit, and we need to be very disciplined in REFUSING to let them derail our resources and our focus.

Anyone who wants the real scoop on this:

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=12053

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=12102

Both very useful articles.

Bradley in DC
01-07-2008, 09:40 PM
jkirchick@

Please do NOT email him, no matter what you say it will be used against Dr. Paul.

bbachtung
01-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Please do NOT email him, no matter what you say it will be used against Dr. Paul.

Yeah, would you send mail to a serial killer? No? Then don't engage this nut.

Duckman
01-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Is there any chance that the real authors of these newsletters will step forward?