PDA

View Full Version : Executive Order Overturns US Fifth Amendment

rp4prez
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6786106,00.html

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070717-3.html

Saw this on the net today. Any comments?

angelatc
07-19-2007, 09:32 PM
I really need to start figuring out how to keep my money somewhere but a bank.

thomaspaine23
07-19-2007, 09:38 PM
This just in:

Bush determined to gut the parts of the Constitution he hasn't already ripped to shreds.....:mad:

FreedomLover
07-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Considering bank interest barely keeps up with inflation, how about under you mattress like during the Great Depression?

Or if you really want to make some money, Halliburton Stock.

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 09:44 PM
My new address:
666 FEMA CAMP C Louisiana Company
Citizen number 387-962-8769

Man from La Mancha
07-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Guess what Bush can't do it by the rule of law the constitution so if we have any military hero's they won't let him do it.

Sematary
07-19-2007, 09:50 PM
How can Congress ALLOW this?

inibo
07-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Word of the day: Invertebrate; an English word that describes any animal without a spinal column.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Whats funny is... do you see the tv media reporting on this? I sure as hell don't!

j650
07-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I also find it curious it's no where to be found on tv on the news channels. Apparently it was announced Tuesday and I haven't seen one thing about it. It's getting almost scary what Bush is doing to circumvent the Constitution. They can freeze anyones assets if they don't like them and say they're helping terrorists, and nothing can be done about it. At least we'll have a new President elected in 16 months, that is if another executive order isn't announced that overturns the election on the grounds that it will keep America safe from terrorists...

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
ha I bet that Bush could declare Martial Law and the media would still be talking about Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney LOL

ronpaulitician
07-19-2007, 10:26 PM
How can Congress ALLOW this?
Does Congress have a say in Executive Orders?

pazzo83
07-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Does Congress have a say in Executive Orders?

I believe if Congress lets it pass without objection, after 30 days, it becomes law.

And folks, just for reference, the Fifth Amendment:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Sematary
07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
I believe if Congress lets it pass without objection, after 30 days, it becomes law.

And folks, just for reference, the Fifth Amendment:

We're screwed unless we get Ron Paul elected. If GWB manages to hijack the presidency, it will have been nice knowing you all and I hope we can meet without fear of being locked up.

TheEvilDetector
07-19-2007, 10:53 PM
"nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law"

so this EO would have us believe that the President can write laws?

I thought that the congress writes laws? Guess not, I suppose we dont need congress, just a pen with lots of ink and many EO blank print outs on the president's *cough* King's desk.

pazzo83
07-19-2007, 10:53 PM
We're screwed unless we get Ron Paul elected. If GWB manages to hijack the presidency, it will have been nice knowing you all and I hope we can meet without fear of being locked up.

We have to continue the fight. We HAVE to.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-19-2007, 10:54 PM
then I'll have to get the guns out :D

angelatc
07-19-2007, 11:11 PM

I think that all EOs would have us believe that the PResident can write law.

rpf2008
07-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Check it : Bush thinks the constitution stands in his way of fighting terrorism. There for if you support the constitution you stand in the way of fighting terrorism.

Can the picture be any more clear ?

WAKE UP AMERICA!

torchbearer
07-19-2007, 11:56 PM
George Bush hates us for our freedoms.

beerista
07-20-2007, 12:27 AM
George Bush hates us for our freedoms.
Then he must hate us a good deal less than when he took office. :D

torchbearer
07-20-2007, 12:30 AM
:D

Mesogen
07-20-2007, 12:56 PM

That's one thing I try to get across to people. Most people DO NOT get the seriousness of the upcoming election. In this election you have two choices and two choices only.

Vote for Ron Paul.
Or allow the continued destruction of America.

That's what it all boils down to, but most people are content to still vote for the big smile and listen to the pundits cream on about some candidate's man musk. :(

You get TWO CHOICES. Not 18-19. TWO.

I thought that the congress writes laws? Guess not, I suppose we dont need congress, just a pen with lots of ink and many EO blank print outs on the president's *cough* King's desk.

An EO is supposed to just be the president telling some department or agency within the executive branch what to do. But it can't tell them to do something unconstitutional just like Congress can't pass unconstitutional laws.

TheEvilDetector
07-20-2007, 09:42 PM
That's one thing I try to get across to people. Most people DO NOT get the seriousness of the upcoming election. In this election you have two choices and two choices only.

Vote for Ron Paul.

That's what it all boils down to, but most people are content to still vote for the big smile and listen to the pundits cream on about some candidate's man musk. :(

You get TWO CHOICES. Not 18-19. TWO.

An EO is supposed to just be the president telling some department or agency within the executive branch what to do. But it can't tell them to do something unconstitutional just like Congress can't pass unconstitutional laws.

Well, this EO cannot possibly be constitutional, the seizure of property takes place suddenly and without notice, without trial, without a lawyer, without "innocent before proven guilty", without conviction, without a judge, without a jury and without a warrant. Basically without any trace of constitutional legality whatsoever

George Bush is a dictator already, because if US was a free country the way everyone claims it is, the congress would be OUTRAGED and the PEOPLE would be protesting in front of the white house in their MILLIONS.

I find it increasingly hard to believe that US citizens (apart from Ron Paul supporters of course) deserve freedom, for they clearly do not do anything to hold on to it.

Wyurm
07-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Ummmmm, correct me if I am wrong but that kinda made it sound like he's threatening to freeze the assets / funds of anyone or any group that threatens his war in Iraq. If this is the case, then the 70 congressmen that just signed that letter to withold funding for the war would fit that category. Ron Paul is one of them, which would mean his personal assets as well as campaign assets could be frozen, or did I read that wrong?

fsk
07-20-2007, 10:15 PM

The only alternative I can think of is physical gold or silver, buried somewhere safe.

fsk
07-20-2007, 10:17 PM
In this election you have two choices and two choices only.

Vote for Ron Paul.

I'm confused. Are you saying that if I don't vote for Ron Paul, I'm voting that the US government should not exist at all?

That's starting to sound like a good option. "There should be no government at all." How come that choice is never on the ballot?

SwordOfShannarah
07-20-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm confused. Are you saying that if I don't vote for Ron Paul, I'm voting that the US government should not exist at all?

That's starting to sound like a good option. "There should be no government at all." How come that choice is never on the ballot?

Not sure how US government not existing means no government though- you'll get a government allright. Hello China.