PDA

View Full Version : How close can we be to polling place?

Stacey S
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
As a precinct captian we can hand out literature at the polling place, but how close can we be legally?

Austin
01-07-2008, 09:08 PM
As a precinct captian we can hand out literature at the polling place, but how close can we be legally?

I think it may vary from state to state.. I'm sure you could call your clerks office and find out.

Trassin
01-07-2008, 09:29 PM

Yeah, it varies from state to state. You best bet might be to call the county clerk and see what they say the restriction is.

daniroyer
01-12-2008, 11:43 PM

Well, at my polling place, they line all the sidewalks along city hall, but aren't allowed in the "plaza". And they're MEAN. I was chased down by the Kerry guy (like, all the way to my car) because I wouldn't tell him who I had voted for.

Needless to say my town is VERY lax on the rules.

nate895
01-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Up here in Washington, we don't have to worry about that since we vote via mail-in ballot. I don't like it because it sets up the system for fraud.