PDA

View Full Version : Matching Funds?

faisal
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I know that I have been talking about it for the last couple of weeks but it's going to be really tough to raise 23 million in one month, today being the 7th day. If Ron Paul got a matching fund, for every supporter that donated to Ron Paul, that person's first $250 will be matched by the FEC and the amount will be given to the campaign. What this means is that since we raised an incredible amount of money in the previous quarters, ALL the money that was donated can be matched, meaning Ron Paul could get several millions if not 23 million dollars from the FEC.

Here's the official website with the candidates that have applied along with info:
Source (http://www.fec.gov/finance/2008matching/2008matching.shtml)

Can people give me more info about what the "How Matching Funds Work" means? If this works, we won't have to be rushed to get the money in and it'll be guaranteed that Ron Paul will have the money in time. If this money is not free and is a loan, the supporters can definitely help pay off the money in a longer period of time. Please tell me what you think.

Also, it says that John Mccain, Edwards, and some others have taken matching funds. C'mon guys, this could be FREE money!!!

Knightskye
01-20-2008, 12:38 AM
All I know, is that Ron Paul should apply for the matching funds. But he won't, because he doesn't take money from the government.

Man, I just looked through John Edwards' contributions. Like, 75% are from attorneys.

brandon13830
01-20-2008, 02:40 AM
I don't like the idea of Ron having to compromise his principles in this situation however much more good than harm would be done by taking the matching funds. I don't think he'll do it, however.

Suzu
01-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I think Reagan took matching funds for one of his campaigns....

emk
01-21-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't like the idea of Ron having to compromise his principles in this situation however much more good than harm would be done by taking the matching funds. I don't think he'll do it, however.

Unfortunately, I agree. The reason we like Dr. Paul is because of his principles.

hueylong
01-21-2008, 03:39 PM
No matching funds. With matching funds come spending limits.

Especially if Dr. Paul decides to run 3rd party (at the urging of his supporters) -- matching funds would be a disaster.

newyearsrevolution08
01-28-2008, 02:37 AM
We will do better financing this on our own. We will be able to keep control and not be ran by any special interest groups EXCEPT the one that is FOR the constitution.

I think it would be funny to send out a press release about "ron paul accepts money from special interest groups" and it actually just talking about those who are interested in the constitution and getting our country back the way it was meant to be. It would catch many off guard and would get people reading about him and his actual MORALS God forbid lol.