PDA

View Full Version : Introduction, and how can RP win?

solrac
07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Hello, I just signed up!

First I must say that in recent months / 1 year I have given up all hope on America and I am certain that this republic will fail miserably. My only hope is that I am old or dead before that actually happens (I'm only 28 now).

Only recently have I even been involved in politics / government at all, and this is only by the following things:
- The disgusting aspects of Bush and his administration (fueled by his complete bonehead manuevers / moron statements) -- such as the lies used to go to war
- Conspiracy theories. (I don't believe in all of them but I DO believe in the general MISTRUST of our government on a fundamental level)
- Learning about the FED and the IRS, through things such as America: Freedom to Fascism (movie), The Creature from Jekyll Island (book), and just GROSS destruction of our personal liberties that have happened over the past 50 - 70 years.
- OH AND the OBVIOUS rigging of elections to keep Bush in office for 8 years. Especially after seeing the documentary on the voting machines, etc.

After absorbing all this stuff for about a year, I have lost all hope for America, and I've decided to turn a blind eye to politics and vote for NO ONE, because EVERY candidate is the same. Democrat or Republican means nothing. No candidate will eliminate the IRS and restore gold backed currency.

I learned that JFK was assassinated shortly after DOING THIS. He injected $4B of US NOTES back into the economy and began shutting down the FED. I did NOT EVER know this until my aforementioned recent education. I now fully believe that he was assassinated due to this, at least primarily due to this.

I am so angered and irate (not that I show it) due to the IRS and the FED (which are just the tip of an iceberg of corruption), that if a candidate doesn't talk about shutting down the fed and the IRS I won't even consider them a candidate and no one will get my vote.

Then out of nowhere comes Ron Paul.

Ron Paul has brought hope back to me. Ron Paul is a new hero of mine. Ron Paul is freakin' incredible. He hits EVERY POINT that MATTERS:

- shut down IRS / FED
- reduce government by max amount, let free market rule / provide services
- never EVER contradicts himself and follows history and learns from history
- restore personal liberties
- ADHERE to the constitution!!!
- So much more

He is the first politician to EVER give me hope, to EVER excite me, and on top of that, I donated $50 to his campaign. When it comes to me, that is UNHEARD OF, and a MONUMENTAL statement.

So now to the point of all this: I love Ron Paul but here are my concerns:

1) How the HELL will he win? Even if 80% of the common people ended up adoring him, couldn't the electoral vote just make him nothing more than a figment of our imagination? Does the vote of the common people even COUNT ultimately? What about rigging of elections? How can he really win this? What STEPS, realistically, would have to happen for him to actually WIN. To actually be STANDING there, being SWORN IN TO PRESIDENCY. I mean I just don't see it as a possibility, which is sad.

2) Even if he does win, and he repeals EVERYTHING (IRS / Fed / etc. etc.), what's to make that last? Remember, The Bastard Johnson undid everything that Kennedy started immediately after his murder. The Bastard Johnson immediately took out all the new currency and ensured the FED was not shut down. George W. Satan just made up new laws out of thin air, such as his new dictatorial powers. If Ron Paul were to undo those executive orders, what's to prevent the next anti-american president from just RE-ENACTING them? What's the point of someone like Ron Paul, more so what's the point of Ron Paul actually SUCCEEDING, if a few years later another dickhead can just undo everything? Isn't there a way to LOCK DOWN unconstitutional actions? Could Ron Paul make it impossible to EVER AGAIN completely undermime the constitution via an executive order, for example?

3) I believe (sadly) that Ron Paul simply cannot win (I hope to God I'm wrong), and so what can he do instead of being president to help American wake up? Some thoughts:
- Have a weekly video blog about what we should do, how we can take action, and educate us about what is wrong w/ America. More and more people would wake up and follow him. He shouldn't be getting all this internet exposure JUST because of the pre election activities. He should be watched and listened to all year long every year.
- Is there anything else he can do out of office, that with the help of (ultimately) millions of supporters could actually CHANGE the country by MAJORITY opinion / action?

I would appreciate intelligent answers to the above 3 questions in any capacity.

Thanks!
-Carlos-

MsDoodahs
07-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Welcome!

I don't have the answers but glad to have you join us.

That's how RP wins - more and more and more people joining us. :)

Nothing is set in stone, and that includes changes RP would make. If the people elect another series of morons after RP's 8 years, then the next generation will have to fight this battle all over again. That's how government works.

The RP campaign has already brought us together. Regardless of the outcome of this election, we've established connections with other like minded folks. :D

david.griffus
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Welcome. Glad you are excited. This is a "G" rated site, so please tone down the language. The Fed is truly evil.

Slugg
07-19-2007, 10:19 PM
While I think conspiracy theories have the right idea (inherent distrust of the government) I think many are just over the top. If you want to understand how the Fed can be beat, and it can, you need to watch Money Masters. It is a great documentary about the battle over currency and how control over it has gone back and fourth (Government to Bank) EIGHT TIMES!!! The last being the Fed in 1913. This is the longest stretch of a central bank in US history....so it's about time it went away.

rinkuhero
07-23-2007, 06:15 PM
The people who control the world are only human. Unless you believe in that lizard conspiracy theory (which I don't). Because those people are human, it remains possible they can be defeated by other humans. It's really just that simple.

Man from La Mancha
07-23-2007, 06:29 PM
The people who control the world are only human. Unless you believe in that lizard conspiracy theory (which I don't). Because those people are human, it remains possible they can be defeated by other humans. It's really just that simple.

What we have is Crocodile PaulDe for those lizards:)

Welcome aboard solrac! Anything can happen.

SeanEdwards
07-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Great first post! I'm glad you decided to join this forum.

The answer to your question "How can he win" is this:

Paul will win because freedom is popular.

nunaem
07-23-2007, 07:28 PM
1) I've had the same fear that the Ron Paul revolution would never succeed as long as he operated within corrupt institutions that are working against him. Unfortunately there is not enough support to overthrow those institutions yet, but the Ron Paul campaign is helping in this regard.

2) There is no guarantee that what Ron does stays in place, it is up to us voters to continue to support like-minded candidates.

3) Nothing really, I don't see how he could ever get as much publicity as he is now, running for president.

My answers are not very reassuring I know, but neither is reality.

Wyurm
07-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Great first post! I'm glad you decided to join this forum.

The answer to your question "How can he win" is this:

Paul will win because freedom is popular.

While this is true, I believe his concern was to the voting maching hack as outlined in the movie "Hacking Democracy"

Check out this thread on the matter: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=7584&highlight=voting+machine

And Welcome to the Forum!!!! :)

ShaneC
07-23-2007, 07:46 PM
[...] What's the point of someone like Ron Paul, more so what's the point of Ron Paul actually SUCCEEDING, if a few years later another dickhead can just undo everything? [...]

Thanks!
-Carlos-

Having Ron Paul as our president, spreading his message, for however long or short of a time, could restore hope and power back to the people.

Try to fathom what would be, if Dr. Paul ends up in office. Even if his ONLY act were to repeal the Executive Orders.

If Ron Paul wins, then it sets a standard for the future. No more would the general populous settle for the lesser of two evils. We could go back to electing people based on principles.

I think that those of us on here have our standards already established. We know what we want from our leaders. Even those of us who disagree with each other; we know that something is wrong. Things need to change.

Ron Paul is the Hope for America.