PDA

View Full Version : Signs and Literature

Tyler19
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Can I get some Signs and Literature in Southwest Michigan anyone?

markderidder
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I have some, what do you need and where do you live?

I'm in Royal Oak.

-Mark

pcosmar
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Here are a couple places,

The Detroit location, at 18981 Telegraph Road, on the southwest corner of Telegraph and 7 Mile Road, is the second of two offices opening this week.

The Flint location, at 3068 Miller Road, off I-75, exit 117B, is the first of two offices set to open this week.

More info here.
http://www.michigan4ronpaul.com/index.php

Tyler19
01-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm on the shores of Lake Michigan about half hour south of Benton Harbor. I will take anything I have nothing.

about 3 Hours from Royal oak, Flint, And Detroit.

Rob
01-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm on the shores of Lake Michigan about half hour south of Benton Harbor. I will take anything I have nothing.

about 3 Hours from Royal oak, Flint, And Detroit.

We're out everywhere, Detroit has signs but no stakes to actually put them in the ground. There is also basically no lit in any of the offices. I stay in close contact with our Michigan materials manager, I'll post a thread in this forum in any shipments come in and where they arrive. Good luck, you're best bet for literature is contacting an individual.

Roderic006
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Lit came into the detroit office... but we had a meetup meeting there, and took a decent amount. Should be stuff left though, plenty of signs and stakes.

More coming in as well...

Rob
01-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Lit came into the detroit office... but we had a meetup meeting there, and took a decent amount. Should be stuff left though, plenty of signs and stakes.

More coming in as well...

Thank God it finally arrived! I may have to make a trip out there to get some for Ann Arbor.

RobS
01-08-2008, 10:11 AM
We just got some materials in Grand Rapids as well, not sure how much yet. I think a couple hundred signs for west michigan.

wonderfull
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I was in New Hamshire for the Primary

There was not enough signs. I wanted to plaster that state with them. being as its so small & I wanted to work.
But they had to keep the rest of the signs for voters who wanted one for the yard.

When I drove into the state on a small regional highway I did not see a single ron paul sign till I reached concord. thats half the state.

So. My idea is this. Have the local meetup groups in New hamshire grab up all the signs on public property they can & ship them to the next primary state or wherever. So the signs can do double or triple duty.

The following is my story from NH primaries. Hope it helps

Correspondence from the Front Lines of Operation Live Free Or Die

I`m a volunteer, I don't speak for the Organization. But I have Advice & observations that I think will help.

It`s one of the most memerable times in my life. Its sureal. I feel Alive. If you miss the Ron Paul Movement its like a life half lived.

Everyone that is able should get in there car & start driving to the next Primary State. With that said.

If you are from a state that has a presidential nominee in the race & love Ron Paul You especially have to get off your butt. You are urgently needed on the front lines. One of the most effective canvassers we had was a guy from Arkansas that lived on Huckabees street. He Converted on the spot anyone he talked to from a Huckabee supporter to Ron Paul. So if your from New York(Giuliani)...etc...or any of the other candidates, your butt should be in the car & driving to the next primary.

Please Bring a GPS with you. Alot of Ron Paul supporters live in rural areas. Your going to be new to the area & a tremendous amount of wasted time can get eaten up just trying to figure out the printed map the organization gives you.

We used a Garmin streetpilot 330..cost $200.. Borrow or buy it. It just plugs into the cigarette lighter & suction cups onto the windshield. It worked great & was VERY easy to use.

Notes on Using a GPS.

GPS assumes your driving a big rig transport truck. So if you pull out of a driveway & start driving the wrong way to the GPS destination you just punched in, it wont say your driving the wrong way. The GPS will just show you how to get there leaving the driveway in the wrong direction. Zoom out so you can double check the route is indeed the shortest route & you have not just driven the wrong way. (The reason this is, is because large trucks cant make u-turns so the GPS thinks you made the wrong direction turn on purpose & will direct you to the destination using your new direction & not tell you your heading in the wrong direction(longer route) .Hope this makes sense. The GPS in rural areas will most times put you very close to the home address, but there were a few times it put us on the right street but at the wrong end or a few hundred feet from the house. On one ocasion we were 2 miles from the number but on the right street.

Sign waves.

I noticed most people have a little trouble coming out of there shell or comfort zone when it comes to waving signs on street corners. Remember you might be the only visible, public Ron Paul display that person sees. So why not be energetic, friendly & have a big smile for everyone passing by. By extension you are Ron Paul. your also his ambassador. Wave at every car. Make eye contact. Hoot & holler when you hear a horn honk or see a thumbs up or get a wave back. Its contagious & in no time at all, all your fellow sign wavers will be waving & having a good time.

Sign waves I believe are important because it breaks the hypnotic spell the media has over the public & gives the public permission to change there minds. Nobody wants to be alone, even if its the right thing to do. Seeing tremendous support on the street corners goes a long way to solidifying Ron Paul support. Some of the faces you ll see are funny as they look & mouth the words WHO'S RON PAUL. You just woke someone up.

Sometimes during a smiling happy sign wave you will run across a real scowling Rudy fan. That's how you know your doing your job.

One of the Canvassers I was with had a great opening line for knocking on doors. He had a southern accent so it even came across better. He would knock & when they answered he would say. "I`m out PAULITICKING FOR RONNNN PAUUUULL....With a great southern drawl it came across like your neighbour coming over to borrow a cup a sugar. The home owner would light up & say that's great. People are always suspicious when there is a knock at the door. So this line really disarmed them & let them know your just there to have a friendly talk with them.

When I was Canvasing we ran into a few people who had gotten 6 to 10 phone calls from Ron Paul Supporters. These people complained to me bitterly about the number of phone calls. I thought of a good response to this. Firstly I would apologize for the phone calls & explain you would feel the same way they do. But then I would politely explain that all the callers who called were volunteers. People assume that the Callers are paid people from a Boiler room. All the people who call are volunteers. Nobody is paid. So they call from the heart & out of love for America. The Phone numbers for New Hamshire are posted on line & since Ron Paul gets the most donations from service men. The people might be getting phone calls from IRAQ.... Who knows... The point here is I would ask the people to understand that America & the World Loves New Hamshire enough to call. Hope this helps...I also had a thought as I was driving away from one of these homes that if another candidate somehow got ahold of Ron Pauls phone support list they could do a lot of damage over calling people. I any event if you hear this from people also call HQ or report to your senior the problem & make sure HQ knows about the problem, So that appropriate action can take place.

I found some videos very helpfull

These are short. You should watch them a few times & internalize them.
Go on You tube & look up these videos:

How to Stump for Ron Paul: Part 1 of 2 (Generalities)
How to Stump for Ron Paul: Part 2 of 2 (Specific Issues)
Ron Paul: Canvassing tools and basics
Canvassing for Paul

Another Idea I think is much needed. Is people to drive around & pick up the Ron Paul Signs All over the state after the Primary & forward those to the next state. They DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH SIGNS IN NEW HAMSHIRE. I was willing to drive the state & place signs all over. They did not have the signs to spare. I was frustrated about this every time I saw an Obama Sign or Hillary sign sitting onthe median.

When I arrived in New Hamshire. It was like I was joining the rebel fleet in Star Wars. I walked in the door at the HQ said I`m here to work. They tossed me a sign & told me to grab a corner & start waving. Come back when I was cold or by 5 o'clock & they would find me a place to stay. The next day I was teamed up & out canvassing. The accommodations were very good. As far as students go it was like a 5 star hotel from what they are used to.. Live Free or Die did a great job organizing New Hamshire. Now its on to the next target.

I might also add. that its easy to procrastinate when your in the field. Your drunk from last nights party & you wake up at the house. Others are milling around & sometimes if nobody is taking charge a few hrs or half a day can get wasted. If your in that situation take some action.(politely) When we are operating in this very loose configuration. Everyone is flying by the seat of there pants. So if you find your self with nothing to do. Ask for something to do or work your way up the chain till someone gets you on a mission. This is a battle.

Good Luck