PDA

View Full Version : I Was Screwed Over And Now Im Pissed, This Is Horrible

garrettwombat
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
i know this isnt grassroots but i needed to vent... so my message to all of you is make DAMN sure you are registered to vote... i mean ABSOLUTLY 100% SURE.

2 MONTHS AGO I GO TO MY BOARD OF ELECTIONS...
I ASK IF I AM STILL REGISTERED TO VOTE.
I TELL A MAN MY INFO AND HE SAYS "YES YOU ARE"
THEN HE ASKS IF MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED, I SAY "YES"
I TELL HIM MY NEW ADDRESS.
HE SAYS "OK, A NEW VOTER CARD WILL BE SENT TO YOU IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS"
:::::5 weeks later::::
IT NEVER CAME..
I CALL AND ASK AND HE LOOKS ME UP IN THE COMPUTER AND SAYS "OH YOUR FINE, YOU DONT NEED THE CARD, IT JUST TELLS YOU WHERE TO VOTE"
I SAY "OK" AND HANG UP BECAUSE IM AN IDIOT.

2 MONTHS LATER, TODAY, IT WAS THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER HERE IN GEORGIA.
I GO ON THE SECRETARY OF STATE'S WEBSITE WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK JUST NOW AND IT SAYS IM "INACTIVE"
IT SAYS I CANNOT VOTE THIS TIME AROUND BECAUSE I HAVNT VOTED IN 2 YEARS AND NEVER REACTIVATED.... WHEN I DAMN WENT UP THERE AND ASKED THE MAN.

I CALLED EVERY NUMBER I COULD FIND TO MY VOTING OFFICE, SECRETARY OF STATES OFFICE... IM PISSED...

I HAVE NEVER BELIEVED IN SOMETHING SO MUCH IN MY LIFE AS THIS... ALL THIS....
IV GONE TO SIGN WAVINGS DOZENS OF TIMES, MARCHED FOR FREEDOM, IV WALKED RIGHT UP TO RUDY GUILIANIS FACE AND SCREAMED RON PAUL IN HIS EARS, IV CHASED DOWN FRED THOMPSONS SUV WAVING A RON PAUL SLIM JIM AND A SIGN THAT READ "THE CONSTITUTION IS OUR LAW AND ORDER", IV DONATED MY HARD EARNED CASH, IV PUT OVER 1000 SLIM JIMS ON CARS, IV NAILED AT LEAST 100 SIGNS UP TO TELEPHONE POLES, IV MADE OVER 100 SIGNS BY MYSELF AND GAVE THEM TO PEOPLE, IV MADE 100'S OF SIGNS WITH OTHER PEOPLE, IV GONE DOOR TO DOOR, IV SPENT EVERY NIGHT WHEN I COME HOME AND GET ON THE FORUMS AND CHECK RONPAUL2008.COM, IV GOTTEN ALL MY FAMILY INTO HIM, MY 14 YEAR OLD LITTLE BROTHER GOES OUT AND WAVES SIGNS WITH US AND WEARS A RON PAUL HOODIE TO SCHOOL, JUST TODAY I PUT OUT ADS IN MY LOCAL PAPER "THE DALLAS NEW ERA" TO RUN FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS(IT COST ME 40 BUCKS SO FOR ALL OF YOU THAT HAVNT DONE IT YET YOU BETTER DO THIS)

and now i come home to THIS????
IV DONE EVERYTHING I POSSIBLY COULD THINK OF AND I WAS GOING TO FEEL SO PROUD WHEN I WALKED INTO THE VOTING BOOTH AND GOT TO CHECK OFF RON PAULS NAME... NOW IM CRUSHED.... THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO...

in a way i feel like i did everything all in vein... i seriously feel like puking.

im sooo effin pissed, i will be on the phone all day long with my secretary of state to fix this crap. ill be damned if i cant vote, and if i absolutly cant, you can bet your ass im going to do something huge.

ronpaulfollower999
01-07-2008, 07:35 PM
This may or may not calm you down: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zC-qLjmohe4

JPFromTally
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Talk to your local county board of elections.

RP4Pres2008
01-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Make a fuss my friend!

Don't take this sitting down...fight for yourself.

me3
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
im sooo effin pissed, i will be on the phone all day long with my secretary of state to fix this crap. ill be damned if i cant vote, and if i absolutly cant, you can bet your ass im going to do something huge.
I hope by "something huge" you mean you will find 4 more voters to vote in your place.

Rule #1, always get the name of the person you talked to when you deal with the government.

Shit happens. Learn from it, and don't beat yourself up.

garrettwombat
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
This may or may not calm you down: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zC-qLjmohe4

that didnt help at all.

im never going to be happy until i see Ron Paul: Supream dictator of the Universe.

Lord Xar
01-07-2008, 07:40 PM
IT NEVER CAME..
I CALL AND ASK AND HE LOOKS ME UP IN THE COMPUTER AND SAYS "OH YOUR FINE, YOU DONT NEED THE CARD, IT JUST TELLS YOU WHERE TO VOTE"

I GO ON THE SECRETARY OF STATE'S WEBSITE WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK JUST NOW AND IT SAYS IM "INACTIVE"
IT SAYS I CANNOT VOTE THIS TIME AROUND BECAUSE I HAVNT VOTED IN 2 YEARS AND NEVER REACTIVATED.... WHEN I DAMN WENT UP THERE AND ASKED THE MAN.

I CALLED EVERY NUMBER I COULD FIND TO MY VOTING OFFICE, SECRETARY OF STATES OFFICE... IM PISSED...

IV GONE TO SIGN WAVINGS DOZENS OF TIMES, MARCHED FOR FREEDOM, IV WALKED RIGHT UP TO RUDY GUILIANIS FACE AND SCREAMED RON PAUL IN HIS EARS, IV CHASED DOWN FRED THOMPSONS SUV WAVING A RON PAUL SLIM JIM AND A SIGN THAT READ "THE CONSTITUTION IS OUR LAW AND ORDER", IV DONATED MY HARD EARNED CASH, IV PUT OVER 1000 SLIM JIMS ON CARS, IV NAILED AT LEAST 100 SIGNS UP TO TELEPHONE POLES, IV MADE OVER 100 SIGNS BY MYSELF AND GAVE THEM TO PEOPLE, IV GONE DOOR TO DOOR, IV SPEND EVERY NIGHT WHEN I COME HOME AND GET ON THE FORUMS AND CHECK RONPAUL2008.COM, IV GOTTEN ALL MY FAMILY INTO HIM, MY 14 YEAR OLD LITTLE BROTHER GOES OUT AND WAVES SIGNS WITH US AND WEARS A RON PAUL HOODIE TO SCHOOL, JUST TODAY I HAVE PUT OUT ADS IN MY LOCAL PAPER TO RUN FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS(IT COST ME 40 BUCKS SO FOR ALL OF YOU THAT HAVNT DONE IT YET YOU BETTER DO THIS)

IV DONE EVERYTHING I POSSIBLY COULD THINK OF AND I WAS GOING TO FEEL SO PROUD WHEN I WALKED INTO THE VOTING BOOTH AND GOT TO CHECK OFF RON PAULS NAME... NOW IM CRUSHED.... THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO...

in a way i feel like i did everything all in vein... i seriously feel like puking.

In some way, it now makes what you are doing even that much more intense and appreciated. You are now doing all you can do strickly for the vote of others. To me, that is a HUGE plus. I understand how you feel in having your own voice - but your support and drive now is surely and solely based on your faith in the word of the movement. That is your value now.

Gimme Some Truth
[B]

Whatever happens, nothing you have done has been in vein :)

I don't have any decent advice on how to sort it ,sorry, but I really really hope you get to vote

idrake
Call your Secretary of State "Karen C. Handel"

404-656-2871
or
404-656-2881

Be extremely polite and professional.

Personally, I'd ask for Karen in a firm, relaxed, and professional voice. She is an elected official so, if you talk to her, ask her when she's up for re-election. Thank her for talking to you, say you're impressed and you'll make sure to vote for her, AND then ask for her help in your matter.

StateofTrance
01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Stay strong.

Just don't hurt yourself :)

jenninlouisiana
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
You need to go in person, because in Louisiana, the DAY you let them know you want to change registration (for instance) is the DAY you are considered to have changed.

So maybe you can get them on a technicality like that.

dielivin
01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Try this: Find 10 new Ron Paul supporters and get them to vote.

.... actually I suggest you start a Ron Paul Pyramid. You get 10 people, you see that they get 10 people and so on.

sorry for your (and our) luck in this situation

Lyn
01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I can't do anything to change what is done but if it helps I feel very badly that this has happened and I will try to bring in more RP voters to cover your loss.

garrettwombat
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
thanks everyone.

Avalon
01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Being a delegate in GA is much more important than voting. But please get us more delegates (and votes).

Scott Wilson
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Now your in my club as I cannot vote either.

I am getting many others to vote in my stead. :D

LJHudd
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Sorry to hear this :( I can feel your pain. I hope it's a wake up call across the nation for everyone to make sure they register in time and register everyone they convert in time.

At least, when RP gets the nomination you can vote in the general election :) There's something to look forward to. And if by some grave error, he does not get the nod, perhaps he or a formidable side kick will run 3rd party and you can vote then - but we won't even consider that silly later suggestion, since we will believe till the last vote is count that our hero will win the nomination :D

Here's a hug and a pat on the back. Hope you will hear some good news tomorrow with the rest of us.

Thurston Howell III
01-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I almost didn't get to vote in the last Presidential election due to a similar problem. The short version is, your voting privileges are in the hands of the postal service. Think about that.

You should get a registration card in the mail. If you don't, go get one. When you go to vote have the card on you. I carry mine in my wallet. If you don't have that card, don't assume anything. Even then, you may not get to vote if your post office lost your voter's verification card.

Electric Church
01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
i know this isnt grassroots but i needed to vent... so my message to all of you is make DAMN sure you are registered to vote... i mean ABSOLUTLY 100% SURE.

IT NEVER CAME..

IV GONE TO SIGN WAVINGS DOZENS OF TIMES, MARCHED FOR FREEDOM, IV WALKED RIGHT UP TO RUDY GUILIANIS FACE AND SCREAMED RON PAUL IN HIS EARS, IV CHASED DOWN FRED THOMPSONS SUV WAVING A RON PAUL SLIM JIM AND A SIGN THAT READ "THE CONSTITUTION IS OUR LAW AND ORDER", IV DONATED MY HARD EARNED CASH, IV PUT OVER 1000 SLIM JIMS ON CARS, IV NAILED AT LEAST 100 SIGNS UP TO TELEPHONE POLES, IV MADE OVER 100 SIGNS BY MYSELF AND GAVE THEM TO PEOPLE, IV MADE 100'S OF SIGNS WITH OTHER PEOPLE, IV GONE DOOR TO DOOR, IV SPENT EVERY NIGHT WHEN I COME HOME AND GET ON THE FORUMS AND CHECK RONPAUL2008.COM, IV GOTTEN ALL MY FAMILY INTO HIM, MY 14 YEAR OLD LITTLE BROTHER GOES OUT AND WAVES SIGNS WITH US AND WEARS A RON PAUL HOODIE TO SCHOOL, JUST TODAY I PUT OUT ADS IN MY LOCAL PAPER "THE DALLAS NEW ERA" TO RUN FOR THE NEXT 4 WEEKS(IT COST ME 40 BUCKS SO FOR ALL OF YOU THAT HAVNT DONE IT YET YOU BETTER DO THIS)

Actually this could turn out to be a positive. By you loosing your opportunity to vote and putting out this information may wake up others not to make the same oversight. So the result of your one lost vote could in effect save several votes from being lost.

Keep fightin

bbachtung
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM

IT NEVER CAME..

The Georgia Secretary of State's website (http://www.sos.state.ga.us/elections/locator.htm) that you checked your precinct at says:

Note: The Poll Locator provides a web-based search of data extracted from Georgia’s statewide voter registration database. It is NOT the official record of your registration, which is retained by the voter registration office in the county of your residence. If you have additional questions about your registration, contact your county voter registration office.

Go into the county registration office and ask to see your record of registration. If they won't show it to you, then politely ask to see a supervisor. Get the names of everyone with whom you've spoken (bring a notebook and take notes of everything that's said by everyone); if you cannot resolve it to your satisfaction, then contact the Secretary of State and the media.

garrettwombat
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Go into the county registration office and ask to see your record of registration. If they won't show it to you, then politely ask to see a supervisor. Get the names of everyone with whom you've spoken (bring a notebook and take notes of everything that's said by everyone); if you cannot resolve it to your satisfaction, then contact the Secretary of State and the media.

i hope this is the case.

because see it was funny, when i went to go make sure i was registered i brought a friend with me to register... 3 weeks later he got 2 voter cards... and i didnt get any.

my mom who just registered last week... on the site says she is active...
but it says im inactive.

i dunno, ill find out tomorrow.

walt
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
why did you wait until the last day?

brogging4paul
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm from Georgia and I voted last week at the local board of elections. I haven't voted in an election in ten years. I was going to vote absentee ballot, but I called the local board and they said I could come in and vote already. So I did. You might try doing this. All I needed was a driver's license and filled out of form.

Richie
01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm from Georgia and I voted last week at the local board of elections. I haven't voted in an election in ten years. I was going to vote absentee ballot, but I called the local board and they said I could come in and vote already. So I did. You might try doing this. All I needed was a driver's license and filled out of form.

This is actually not good. They use Diebold machines to scan the ballots (which have been proven to be just as insecure as the touch screens), and use computer software to match your signatures. The computer software rejects hundreds, if not thousands of ballots unnecessarily.

Mortikhi
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Something like this almost happened to me.

I registered in the first week of Dec, along with my wife.

Her card came on Dec 27.

On the 31st, the last day to register, I called the supervisor of elections to ask them wtf. They said 'oh, you forgot to put your license number there' (bs, i filled mine and my wife's out at the same time, but whatever).

So I had to make a mad dash to the local election registration office and fill out a new registration at 440pm on the last day that I could do so to be able to vote in the primary.

I just got my card today.

If I were you, I'd go there in person. Its much easier to brush someone off on the phone than when they are hovering over you on the other side of the counter.

saahmed
01-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Get 5 people who weren't going to vote, to go vote in your place. But do this even if you succeed in your fight to secure your right to vote.