PDA

View Full Version : DVD for sale on Ron Paul

jasonh2007lv
07-19-2007, 07:51 PM
This DVD is for all the grandmothers and grandfathers out there who dont know how to connect to the Internet. Let me know if you have any questions. Please forgive me if I put this in the wrong section. I am late for my meetup group meeting.

More titles to follow in the coming weeks...

http://www.safety-video-bmsh.com/The-Ron-Paul-DVD-Collection_c_708-1.html

DeadheadForPaul
07-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Is this by a Ron Paul supporter or just by some individual/group hoping to cash in?

Does the price just cover cost or is there profit? If there is profit, is it going to the campaign?

Good questions to ask

sleeper
07-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Only one post. It's about the money I would think. I say delete it. Spam.

Noodles
07-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Ron Paul is FOR THE FREE MARKET! Are you serious?

Harry96
07-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Is this by a Ron Paul supporter or just by some individual/group hoping to cash in?

Does the price just cover cost or is there profit? If there is profit, is it going to the campaign?

Good questions to ask

No, they're not. The answers to those questions are none of your business. Do you refuse to buy anything in a store until you find out whether the people who work for the store personally like the product, what the store's profit is on the item, and what they intend to do with that profit?

Look at his item. If you like it for the price he's asking, buy it. If not, don't.

It's really strange that Paul supporters would object to someone trying to make money selling a product. He's helping to spread the word, regardless of whether his motives are "pure" or not. In fact, if he's not a Paul supporter, that's even better, because it means that money is motivating him to do work for us that he wouldn't otherwise be doing (just like money, not altruism, is responsible for almost everything that gives us such a high standard of living compared to previous generations).

Avalon
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
He says on his website he has no intent to make a profit on this venture and it is performed as a public service. But regardless of that fact...all of the bumper stickers, t-shirts, buttons, signs, and banners I've seen have been sold for profit (even if the end seller didn't profit). I just wish he gave more information or, better yet, a google video version that we could preview. I don't want to pay for youtube clips spliced together.

conner_condor
07-19-2007, 08:30 PM
I agree. 4$ for a DVD is well worth it to get the word out. You can make copies and pass them along. Did anyone read the details on that site? This could help RP out alot as they said. Seams like it would be great to pass around. No spending HRs. on the net doing it themselves. That's if it is cracked up to what it is supposed to be.

PatriotOne
07-19-2007, 08:31 PM
This DVD is for all the grandmothers and grandfathers out there who dont know how to connect to the Internet. Let me know if you have any questions. Please forgive me if I put this in the wrong section. I am late for my meetup group meeting.

More titles to follow in the coming weeks...

http://www.safety-video-bmsh.com/The-Ron-Paul-DVD-Collection_c_708-1.html

Jason. How much is the shipping? I don't want to have to go through signing up for an account and go through the checkout process to find out.

jasonhlasvegas
07-19-2007, 11:00 PM
I just got back from my Ron Paul meetup group. Wow. It was very nice to see so many dedicated people there. We had about 30 show up.

I am just giving another option for people. If you don't want it, then don't buy it. You are more than welcome to download any of the thousands of free videos that you already have acess to on the Internet. In fact if you private message me I will give you the exact bittorrent url to download the entire DVD for free, and you can make your own copies. I found it somewhere on this message board. Also, private message me and I will put you on my list everytime I get an uncompressed DVD from one of the hundreds of local meetup groups then you can download that for free too.

I don't expect to make much money on this at all. I don't expect to sell much. In the very unlikely event that I do make a profit I make NO promise to donate the funds to the official campaign. I will most likely donate the funds to my local meetup group. I will also put what little money I make into duplicating a larger quantity of ron paul dvds to lower the resell price. I figured putting the DVDs on my website would be a perfect way of letting Ron Paul supporters send maybe 1 or 2 copies across the country to their friends or relatives, while at the same time saving them the hassle of downloading, burning, and shipping the DVD themselves. Remember: I am pitching this DVD to you guys, all of whom have probably seen every video on this DVD for free for the past 10 weeks.

I will be putting the entire DVD of the July 7th Las Vegas Ron Paul rally online in approximately 48 hours. I intend to put a DVD of each Ron Paul speech on my website as I acquire more uncompressed content from around the country.

If you want to order more than a couple dozen DVDs please email me and I will give you a precise price quote at a reduced price. I intentionally priced the shipping a little high today so I don't get pinged at the lower quantities.

In two weeks I'll have my first large bulk shipment ready and I can send a quantity of 1-5 DVDs out for $4.60 to anywhere in the country provided the US postal service delivers to your location. So for a quantity of 1 that will be $3.95 + $4.60 for priority mail shipping with no handling fee. If you want me to email you when that is ready please contact me. If you can't wait for the DVDs then order now. What follows below are the approximate shipping charges for a cross-country (east to west coast) shipment, although your specific shipping rate will depend on your specific zip code.

SHIPPING CHARGES as of July 20th 2007

Qty 1

UPS Ground 10.96
UPS 2-Day 16.91
UPS 1-day 39.50

Qty 10

UPS Ground $12.84
UPS 2-day $24.29
UPS 1-day $51.64

Qty 50

UPS Ground $19.82
UPS 2-day $57.20
UPS 1-day $97.95

Qty 100

UPS Ground 31.67
UPS 2-day 98.06
UPS Next Day 138.58

NOTE:

1. The shipping charges will decrease in price, I just to have to consult with my webmaster.

2. If you have any raw footage from a Ron Paul Meetup group or Ron Paul rally please send email me a bittorrent url or send me a DVD to my physical street address. I will make a DVD of the footage and sell it on my website.

SPECIAL NOTE:

One of our group leaders said that the campaign will be releasing an official campaign DVD in the near future. I will notify you about that DVD on this thread as soon as it becomes available. This will be a high-quality professional DVD.

MikeStanart
07-19-2007, 11:06 PM
There is a Torrent of this DVD already out.

Link here:

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/1691145/RON_PAUL_2_8_iso

I've already made several copies for friends / family members.

Slugg
07-19-2007, 11:34 PM
There is a Torrent of this DVD already out.

Link here:

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/1691145/RON_PAUL_2_8_iso

I've already made several copies for friends / family members.

Yeah, this is PERFECT for me though. Buying it. I live overseas and am constantly looking for a way to get info back to the states for those who do not use a computer often. I will buy some of these to send back to my friends and family. :)