PDA

View Full Version : Ebay and 501(c)(3) auctions

JSutter
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Ok here is an idea I have

Ebay has a program where if you are a 501(c)(3) people can list auctions and donate from 10%-100% of the auction total to you. Under IRS law a 501(c)(3) cannot openly campaign for a candidate but they are allowed to educate people on the issues.

The code says "All 501(c)(3) organizations are also permitted to educate individuals about issues, or fund research that supports their political position without overtly advocating for a position on a specific bill."

Why don't we set up a 501(c)(3) to educate people on the gold standard, inflation, etc, and other positions that Ron Paul advocates. I think if we did this we could raise a lot of money from people selling things they dont need and giving the money to the 501(c)(3) and we could do brochures, flyers, commercials, etc on the issues and use quotes or clips from Ron Paul to make people take notice that he knows a lot about these issues but not "overtly" campaign for him.

Do you all think that would work? I know I have a ton of crap here i would list for the cause and I think if we could get 10,000 people involved easy and if they all sold only $100 worth of stuff each it'd raise a million bucks to educate on these issues that make Dr. Paul popular

JSutter
01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Anyone?