PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Now - will talk about Hannity chase

hillertexas
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Countdown with Keith Olbermann
will talk about the Ron Paul people vs Hannity

"They sent Hannity running to the the safety of room service" or something like that

Also they will show the video of O'Reily pushing an Obama aide

stefans
01-07-2008, 07:04 PM
will talk about the Ron Paul people vs Hannity

which show? still tucker?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-07-2008, 07:04 PM
olbermann has the clip coming up... HAHAHAHAH!!!!

With his viewers, this could gain us votes!!

hillertexas
01-07-2008, 07:06 PM
MSNBC
"Countdown with Keith Olbermann"

RSLudlum
01-07-2008, 07:07 PM
olbermann has the clip coming up... HAHAHAHAH!!!!

With his viewers, this could gain us votes!!

HA,,,'the great snowball effect'

mport1
01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
What a bunch of idiots. The supporters push the campaign back once again.

Indy Vidual
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Our people acted like a stupid (swearing) mob, didn't they? :(

jd603
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
They are probably using this as an attack, that's my guess.

I'm hoping Olbermann uses it to attack Fox.

Naraku
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah, they did, they looked like a crazed mob rather than real supporters.

shagywashere
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
What The Fuck!

jd603
01-07-2008, 07:11 PM
The media has a war on Ron Paul , what else is new?

rational thinker
01-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Was it played yet?

hillertexas
01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
not yet.
It might not be a hit piece.
The tease was something like "They sent Hannity running to the the safety of room service"

We'll see

yongrel
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Ah, once again, the vocal minority ruins it for the rest of us.

Us well-behaved RP supporters have to deal with the stigma these few select folks create for us.

Lovely.

Naraku
01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Angry villagers. LOL.

Ron2Win
Obberman will take our side in this.

shagywashere

Us well-behaved RP supporters have to deal with the stigma these few select folks create for us.

Lovely.

SERIOUSLY!! It's starting to get on my nerves!

Jeremy
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
He just called them Fox Noise =p

but it's after the break... or sometime later

MayTheRonBeWithYou
Oh stop bitching. Hannity is an enemy of the Republic.

This is a great moment when Fox learned it was losing young Republicans in DROVES.

Ninja Homer
Just saw the preview... definitely NOT a hit piece.

jd603
This looks like it will be good, they may have a guest on to discuss it that bashes the Paul supporters, who knows.

Edit: or is it done?!?!? is that all?!?!

DanielDeibler
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Obberman will take our side in this.

Yeah, how could he not? Olbermann hates Fox News and all things Fox News-related.

AFM
Im sorry, I love Olbermann
Hes just goofy

Naraku
Olbermann may say the Ron Paul supporters were sissies for just throwing snow balls.

disciple
Who cares anymore, it is a war, and they've started it.

newbitech

Lovely.

they called for a revolution and a revolution they are getting.

I think it is excellent that Paul supporters are considered "crazy" for protesting censorship.

Undecided voter. "Hmm they were chasing Hannity because FOX News decided to censor Ron Paul? Hahahahaa!!! And here I thought they were crazy because they believed in UFO's and Big Foot conspiracies! No wonder he is so popular on the internet!"

Terry82
01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
MSNBC is not a friend of the Paul campaign.

And least of all is Olbermann himself, nothing but a Clinton shill through and through.

He hates Fox, your interests aligned with his temporarily, that's about it. I'm surprised he even mentioned Ron's name as opposed to just saying, "Group pissed off at Faux Noise"

RPFTW!
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
they called for a revolution and a revolution they are getting.

I think it is excellent that Paul supporters are considered "crazy" for protesting censorship.

Undecided voter. "Hmm they were chasing Hannity because FOX News decided to censor Ron Paul? Hahahahaa!!! And here I thought they were crazy because they believed in UFO's and Big Foot conspiracies! No wonder he is so popular on the internet!"

no kidding, some people here want to play by the rules and be nice wtf. We're not gonna get anywhere hugging trees and singing kumbaya

familydog
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Boy they sure showed Hannity. Now he'll definately treat Ron Paul with respect.

Dave Wood
01-07-2008, 07:23 PM
What is WRONG with you people??????Dont you understand what we are up against by now?? A little fear is needed. Too many on this board have lost their "private parts". haha

They are finally realizing that we mean business. Hannity didnt get hurt, but he really looked alarmed! It is playing very well out there.....look around. Loads of people hate Fox but they dont have the guts to do what we did, CONFRONT them, call them on the carpet!

jd603
01-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Pushing mccain again, same media trick every channel is using, steal independents from Paul....

Huckabee not getting warm welcome in NH according to this... as I expected.

Ron2Win
Tube comming? I canceled my Directv...

RPFTW!
What is WRONG with you people??????Dont you understand what we are up against by now?? A little fear is needed. Too many on this board have lost their "private parts". haha

They are finally realizing that we mean business. Hannity didnt get hurt, but he really looked alarmed! It is playing very well out there.....look around. Loads of people hate Fox but they dont have the guts to do what we did, CONFRONT them, call them on the carpet!

amen, not to mention hannity finally teated ron paulwith some respect last time he inerviewed RP, it was because we constantly follow him around and call him out

Naraku
01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Love will save this world, not hate. Hate is bad.

Hannity, for all his ignorant ramblings against Paul is not a bad person, just a person with bad ideas. People shouldn't send an angry mob out against him.

gregharmon
01-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Did these people do anything illegal? If not, then so what. They don't look like an angry mob. They look like a bunch of college kids, protesting a just cause. I don't think this will lose any votes for us. It will get people interested in what they were doing that for. Then maybe they'll actually find out...

familydog
01-07-2008, 07:27 PM

A little fear is needed? What are we nazis?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Believe me, a video like this can inspire LEGIONS of young people fed up with the war and fed up with the government!!

disciple
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM

No revolutionnaries.

jd603
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Are they done, was that little clip all olbermann is showing? He called them winners didn't mention it was ron paul supporters.

RPFTW!
01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Are they done, was that little clip all olbermann is showing? He called them winners didn't mention it was ron paul supporters.

wtf god damnit

hillertexas
01-07-2008, 07:31 PM
It hasn't been on yet

Azprint
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Still waiting, they just showed 2 spoilers.

Dave Wood

Something is wrong with you...to even be thinking about Nazis in relation to this tape:confused::confused:

Very strange.

familydog
I didn't relate the tape to nazis. I'm relating what you said to nazis.

Gimme Some Truth
01-07-2008, 07:33 PM
edit:nvm

Ranger29860
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
this is gonna be good the previews made it obviouse that it a hit piece....

AGAINST FOX there even doing a bit on orielly this could be very good for us

disciple
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
We can only win this fight and every other fight if we tear the wall of fear.

Dave Wood
01-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I didn't relate the tape to nazis. I'm relating what you said to nazis.

The simple fact that you are even bringing up that word says everything.

Azprint
edit:nvm

Yeah, Ron Paul spoils all his anti republican propaganda, with opposing war in Iraq.

familydog
The simple fact that you are even bringing up that word says everything.

Sorry. I forgot that liberty and freedom was all about creating fear and intimidating. My bad.

UtahApocalypse
01-07-2008, 07:37 PM
We could be #1??

gworrel
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Believe me, a video like this can inspire LEGIONS of young people fed up with the war and fed up with the government!!

And also inspire millions of geezers to swear off Ron Paul for life. Anyone who thinks this is a good thing has no idea how to win friends and influence people--or get votes for Ron Paul.

disciple
01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Sorry. I forgot that liberty and freedom was all about creating fear and intimidating. My bad.

They lie about us, call us names, belittle our honorable leader, and shut us up, so now we are angry.

UtahApocalypse
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
"You forgot your pitchforks" Lmao

newbitech
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
And also inspire millions of geezers to swear off Ron Paul for life. Anyone who thinks this is a good thing has no idea how to win friends and influence people--or get votes for Ron Paul.

ok everyone, the way to get votes is to call them GEEZERS!!! Perfect! Why didn't we think of doing this sooner! What the hell were we thinking trying to stand up for our rights and expose censorship! All we have to do is call them geezers!!

Digg this! Stickie this! Call the campaign! Make a commercial calling every an American a geezer! Send this to drudge!!

devil21
01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
He just called us "Republicans" so thats a good start. He could have called us something much worse. Itll make people wonder why pissed off Republicans would be chasing poster boy Hannity??

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
"Sean Hannity being chased by an angry mob of Republicans...."

Hahahah!

jd603
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Notice they don't mention Ron at all... and they still pump the candidates that could hurt him the most tomorrow. Ie, Barack and McCain , plan is to suck independents away from Ron, I think they'll get some, but not enough, Ron should still do well.

Don't forget if we do 3rd or better tomorrow, that we did it AGAINST the media 100%, they ran a campaign organized to hurt Ron as much as possible in the days leading up to NH. Never forget that, if the media gave Ron the respect he deserved and air time, he'd be #1 right now hands down.

goldstandard
01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
They lie about us, call us names, belittle our honorable leader, and shut us up, so now we are angry.

Stupid post. You will cost us votes.

Jeremy
coming up next this time i think

idrake

Ah, someone who's read one of the most important books to read of all time!

How to Win Friends and Infuence People (http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199756692&sr=8-1)

RPFTW!
The revolutionary war wasn't fought with kisses and flowers guys, fox news deserved it, and all the democrats who have seen it love it as well and got a good laugh, the only ppl ive seen who are worried are people on this forum. Its time we stopped caring about being non-offensive political correctness sucks balls

gworrel
01-07-2008, 07:46 PM
ok everyone, the way to get votes is to call them GEEZERS!!! Perfect! Why didn't we think of doing this sooner! What the hell were we thinking trying to stand up for our rights and expose censorship! All we have to do is call them geezers!!

Digg this! Stickie this! Call the campaign! Make a commercial calling every an American a geezer! Send this to drudge!!

I didn't call all Americans geezers, just the old ones like myself. You are right, much better to run screaming through the streets with pitchforks. That will win a lot of sympathetic votes.

scooter
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
DID YOU ALL ACTUALLY WATCH THE HANNITY TAPE?

The people in the crowd did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong to Hannity. They followed him back to his hotel shouting "Fox News Sucks."

Nothing physical, not even very many curse words.

Whoever says this is damaging to the campaign is either way too emotional themselves or is a troll from another campaign trying to ruin morale.

I sat here all day from work reading the comments condemning it and I was worried. Then I went home and watched the video and it was completely harmless. Apparently none of you have seen paparazzi video or a union picket line before.

devil21
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Looks like its gonna get the #1 story. hehe

TXcarlosTX
01-07-2008, 07:48 PM
tease!!!

jaumen
good lord there's a lot of commercials during this show.

newbitech
Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple View Post

Stupid post. You will cost us votes.

of all the posts about this, you pick THIS one to throw in your "cost us votes" meme?

HA!

Jeremy
DID YOU ALL ACTUALLY WATCH THE HANNITY TAPE?

The people in the crowd did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong to Hannity. They followed him back to his hotel shouting "Fox News Sucks."

Nothing physical, not even very many curse words.

Whoever says this is damaging to the campaign is either way too emotional themselves or is a troll from another campaign trying to ruin morale.

I sat here all day from work reading the comments condemning it and I was worried. Then I went home and watched the video and it was completely harmless. Apparently none of you have seen paparazzi video or a union picket line before.

I think one person may have threw snow

goldstandard
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
The revolutionary war wasn't fought with kisses and flowers guys, fox news deserved it, and all the democrats who have seen it love it as well and got a good laugh, the only ppl ive seen who are worried are people on this forum. Its time we stopped caring about being non-offensive political correctness sucks balls

Then stop caring about votes.

UtahApocalypse
So Hannity finally met the 2 Spammers in a dark alley?

familydog
The ultimate goal of this campaign is to get Ron Paul the nomnation and then president. In order to do that we need votes. We need, most of all, the votes of Republicans. Stuff like this does not win the GOP base on our side. If you can't accept that reality, well, I don't know what to say.

newbitech
01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I didn't call all Americans geezers, just the old ones like myself. You are right, much better to run screaming through the streets with pitchforks. That will win a lot of sympathetic votes.

OMG next thing you know the ron paul supporters will have suicide bomb belts strapped to them.

look, nothing personal, I appreciate what you are saying but Ron Paul is constantly talking about the youth vote propelling his campaign.

I don't think we are getting record turn out because of sympathy to be honest. I think people are voting this election because they are very very very upset.

Very upset.

Naraku
01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Moment of zen. Awesome.

devil21
01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
"Moment of Zen" lol that wasn't bad at all! Lots of Ron Paul signs is always a good thing.

jb4ronpaul
this is just a bunch of people who care more about having fun then about the cause. very selfish

Dave Wood
OMG next thing you know the ron paul supporters will have suicide bomb belts strapped to them.

look, nothing personal, I appreciate what you are saying but Ron Paul is constantly talking about the youth vote propelling his campaign.

I don't think we are getting record turn out because of sympathy to be honest. I think people are voting this election because they are very very very upset.

Very upset.

+10000000

wildflower
01-07-2008, 07:53 PM

Oh, give me a break. We're still trying to win the Republican nomination, we're still trying to save this country peacefully, through voting.

So your comparison to the revolutionary war is illogical and premature.

It hasn't gotten to that point yet. Our country is getting closer, but as of now, the actual civil war hasn't started yet.

malkusm
01-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Are you kidding me? That was awesome! Gets the non-Fox News Republicans and Democrats thinking, "Hmm, Ron Paul supporters hate Fox also? What's the deal with this guy?"

Also, that was quite a few supporters - it shows that we're organized and have support!

brandon
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh lighten up. Hannity is a domestic terrorist. He is a traitor to the republic. Those Ron Paul supporters did nothing wrong, hannity deserves alot worse then that.

Ryankelly
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I am proud of those Patriots in that video just as I am proud of my forefathers who threw off the yolk of British tyranny. Remember this great country's revolution was not fought because the British were physically cruel to our Forefathers. It was fought because our Forefathers demanded freedom.

Sean Hannity and his masters at Fox News, tonight, tampered with one of our most cherished institutions. Americans can disagree on many issues. One issue on which we are all united is that we want a free and fair electoral process.

Fox has apparently become so arrogant that they believe that they can manipulate our electoral process. Tonight, Fox through Hannity learned the actual meaning of blowback. If Fox doesn't correct it's blatantly unAmerican activities, I fear that the anger will grow even worse. And I believe in non violence. If it doesn't straighten out soon, Fox may need Dr. Paul on Fox speaking about the importance of non intervention and non violence.

RPinSEAZ
01-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Hahaha.

How about an interview Sean?

You suck Sean!

gworrel

Sorry to break it to you but this is not a war in any but a metaphorical sense. Please limit your campaigning to the 15-25 year old demographic. You may get somewhere with that crowd. Anyone else will tune you out in a heartbeat.

Trigonx
don't taze me!!

wildflower
The ultimate goal of this campaign is to get Ron Paul the nomnation and then president. In order to do that we need votes. We need, most of all, the votes of Republicans. Stuff like this does not win the GOP base on our side. If you can't accept that reality, well, I don't know what to say.

QFTACS

(quoted for truth and common sense) :D

Mark Rushmore
Olberman wins. For the moment. A very brief moment.

walt
one of the funniest things I've ever seen - "don't taze me bro" with a puppet - so funny - omg 1 million youtube views...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
That was awesome. The "moment of Zen." :)

"RP supporters might have just done it on general principle."

:)

electronicmaji
Dont Tase Me Bro!

RPFTW!
Sorry to break it to you but this is not a war in any but a metaphorical sense. Please limit your campaigning to the 15-25 year old demographic. You may get somewhere with that crowd. Anyone else will tune you out in a heartbeat.

so wtf are you worried about, it was completely non-violent nothing illegal, if you cant take people saying 'fox news sucks' then time to find some balls buddy.

newbitech
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM
QFTACS

(quoted for truth and common sense) :D

the irony. this entire event is seething with them.

* "There is something exceedingly ridiculous in the composition of monarchy; it first excludes a man from the means of information, yet empowers him to act in cases where the highest judgment is required."

* "Some writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins."

* "I offer nothing more than simple facts, plain arguments, and common sense . . ."

* "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom."

* "Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher. Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil."

* "Time makes more converts than reason."

* "Every thing that is right or natural pleads for separation. The blood of the slain, the weeping voice of nature cries, 'tis time to part."

* "But where says some is the king of America? I'll tell you friend, he reigns above, and doth not make havoc of mankind like the royal brute of Britain. ... so far as we approve of monarchy, that in America the law is king."

* "O ye that love mankind! Ye that dare oppose, not only the tyranny, but the tyrant, stand forth! Every spot of the old world is overrun with oppression. Freedom hath been hunted round the globe. Asia, and Africa, have long expelled her--Europe regards her like a stranger, and England hath given her warning to depart. O! receive the fugitive, and prepare in time an asylum for mankind."

* ". . . have every opportunity and every encouragement before us, to form the noblest purest constitution on the face of the earth. We have it in our power to begin the world over again. A situation, similar to the present, hath not happened since the days of Noah until now. The birthday of a new world is at hand, and a race of men, perhaps as numerous as all Europe contains, are to receive their portion of freedom from the event of a few months."

* "That there are men in all countries who get their living by war, and by keeping up the quarrels of Nations, is as shocking as it is true; but when those who are concerned in the government of a country make it their study to sow discord, and cultivate prejudices among Nations, it becomes the more unpardonable."

* "Wherefore, since nothing but blows will do, for God's sake, let us come to a final separation."

* "Small islands not capable of protecting themselves are the proper objects for kingdoms to take under their care; but there is something very absurd in supposing a continent to be perpetually governed by an island."

gworrel
01-07-2008, 08:00 PM

Very upset.

To win it is necessary for those of us who are very upset to convince those who are barely paying attention to vote for Ron Paul. That is what is not being understood in this thread. If we are happy with 10% of the vote then you are right on target. If you want to win the nomination and then move on to getting 51% of the general election then you are way off base.

RPFTW!
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
To win it is necessary for those of us who are very upset to convince those who are barely paying attention to vote for Ron Paul. That is what is not being understood in this thread. If we are happy with 10% of the vote then you are right on target. If you want to win the nomination and then move on to getting 51% of the general election then you are way off base.

oh yeah lets just kiss fox news and the gop's ass like good little marginalized pussys thats gonna really help :rolleyes:

god forbid we stand up for ourselves

pcosmar
It could have been worse.
http://sendmedeadflowers.com/uploaded_images/30024298-759872.JPG
+
http://www.wisementrading.com/woodworking/wetterlings_chopping.JPG
+
http://www.blogofhilarity.com/re4_angry_villagers_s-thumb.jpg

Ryankelly
Those young men in that video had been working in New Hampshire, politicing, by the rules. Many of them sacrificed Christmas with their families. All we ask is that we are treated fairly in this election . And Fox unilaterally excludes us from the public debate two days before the vote. We were marginalized. Dr. Paul, who many of us idolize, has been ridiculed and laughed at.

I understand the rage I saw in that video. Hannity was treated properly.

scooter
01-07-2008, 08:02 PM

Please get off your high horse. None of the media is saying anything bad about this and the only story here on Olberman laughed at it.

We won't lose a single vote by saying that Fox News sucks. In fact, part of the effort is getting conservative-minded people to STOP believing everything they hear on Fox News.

The Hannity lovers were never going to support Ron Paul. Don't be dillusional.

shagywashere
01-07-2008, 08:03 PM
OMG did you guys throw snowballs at them!??!?

gworrel
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
so wtf are you worried about, it was completely non-violent nothing illegal, if you cant take people saying 'fox news sucks' then time to find some balls buddy.

Don't talk to me that way. I am not talking about what I can take idiot. I am talking about what it takes to get votes. Grow up.

RPFTW!
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
OMG did you guys throw snowballs at them!??!?

according to people who were there who posted earlier, no one through snow balls at him

Ryankelly
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Sean Hannity is one tough cookie. He can take a snowball. I bet he could even withstand being hit by a beachball. (but don't hit O'Reilly with a beachball, he would fall apart).

RonPaulFever
01-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Can we get a

YOUTUBE?

newbitech
01-07-2008, 08:07 PM

thats the flaw in this argument. If you think only 10% of people in this country are upset and paying attention then you are missing Ron Paul's message.

Take a look at the voter turnout in Iowa. Specifically the democrat turnout in Iowa.

Even if we got every single Iowa vote, we still lose Iowa. Do some searching on 2008 Iowa turnout if you would like to know how we are going to win.

V4Vendetta
01-07-2008, 08:08 PM

Lovely.

Get a grasp on reality! That ****** needed to run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People like you, would be more likely to KISS a robbers ass, than KICK his ass

GHoeberX
Those young men in that video had been working in New Hampshire, politicing, by the rules. Many of them sacrificed Christmas with their families. All we ask is that we are treated fairly in this election . And Fox unilaterally excludes us from the public debate two days before the vote. We were marginalized. Dr. Paul, who many of us idolize, has been ridiculed and laughed at.

I understand the rage I saw in that video. Hannity was treated properly.

Agreed!

On youtube someone commented on the people following Hannity: "The founders would be at the front of this pack!" :D

disciple
Don't talk to me that way. I am not talking about what I can take idiot. I am talking about what it takes to get votes. Grow up.

You do not win votes by being a coward.

Nash
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM

What you're saying is true but I don't really see this video as THAT big of a deal.

I didn't see the part of the video where Hannity was ruthlessly assaulted and beaten bloody, tarred and feathered and dragged through the streets.

It was a bunch of activists yelling at a guy who has unfairly ripped our candidate on nationally televised post debate coverage numerous times and accused us of cheating in text message polls simply because he doesn't agree with his views.

We're allowed to voice our opinion in the real world too.

And yeah if I was Hannity I'd be scared shitless while it was happening because I wouldn't be sure of what was going on but I guarantee you that when I got back to the hotel and they had stayed outside I would have been laughing my ass off and frankly quite pleased with myself.

I mean in that industry getting chased by an angry mob is a badge of honor.

Stoli
Love will save this world, not hate. Hate is bad.

Hannity, for all his ignorant ramblings against Paul is not a bad person, just a person with bad ideas. People shouldn't send an angry mob out against him.

He is a traitor. Wake up

evan2024
Can we get a

YOUTUBE?

Here's the youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EKCX23Yx7lY

disciple
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Better yet, no one follows a coward.

V4Vendetta
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
"The founders would be at the front of this pack!" :D

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT... [edit/forum guidelines]

RPFTW!
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT... [edit/forum guidelines]

amen

OKRonPaul
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM

agreed! They should fear we'll take back the political process, and undermine any ulterior motives they have. They should never fear for their safety from us, that's the path of a coward.

wohoo
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Here's the youtube:

Bah, wanted to know what he said after the video played

walt
01-07-2008, 08:13 PM
the whole youtube from start to finish....it has better context with the obama and don't tasse me bro stuff

chewbacca
01-07-2008, 08:16 PM
People are angry. Vent it on hannity all day long.

When protesting quietly doesnt get you any coverage maybe protest loudly?

Ron Paul needs to do the same thing. Call bullshit in debates, nail them on their blatant lies and STICK up for himself.

The people who think Ron Paul is convincing because he is "polite" probably think these protesters are idiots as well. Keep it up NH supporters!

Highstreet
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Please get off your high horse. None of the media is saying anything bad about this and the only story here on Olberman laughed at it.

We won't lose a single vote by saying that Fox News sucks. In fact, part of the effort is getting conservative-minded people to STOP believing everything they hear on Fox News.

The Hannity lovers were never going to support Ron Paul. Don't be dillusional.

There are many over at the Hannity forum that have become or are Paul supporters.

He wins almost every straw poll on the site, hands down.

There will be more than Hannity supporters who will be turned off by this kind of irresponsible behavior.

And for those who only saw the Youtube. You missed the SMALL group of supporters who did this who were reprimanded by the Majority and told to stop misrepresenting Paul with this childish behavior.

We need to realize that everytime we pick up a sign or button, we are representing Paul. We are a reflection of Paul to every person we meet. If we want to have our candidate respected, we need to rise above the petty BS.

I understand your frustration with Fox. All the more reason to take that energy and put it into something productive, like getting the VOTE out!

We need to lead and Fox will follow because we are successful.

evan2024
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM

He talked about the Obama/O'Reily thing.

Geronimo
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM

Yeah, me too.

NYgs23
01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
There are many over at the Hannity forum that have become or are Paul supporters.

He wins almost every straw poll on the site, hands down.

There will be more than Hannity supporters who will be turned off by this kind of irresponsible behavior.

And for those who only saw the Youtube. You missed the SMALL group of supporters who did this who were reprimanded by the Majority and told to stop misrepresenting Paul with this childish behavior.

We need to realize that everytime we pick up a sign or button, we are representing Paul. We are a reflection of Paul to every person we meet. If we want to have our candidate respected, we need to rise above the petty BS.

I understand your frustration with Fox. All the more reason to take that energy and put it into something productive, like getting the VOTE out!

I agree. I did not like that conduct.

gworrel
01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
What you're saying is true but I don't really see this video as THAT big of a deal.

I didn't see the part of the video where Hannity was ruthlessly assaulted and beaten bloody, tarred and feathered and dragged through the streets.

It was a bunch of activists yelling at a guy who has unfairly ripped our candidate on nationally televised post debate coverage numerous times and accused us of cheating in text message polls simply because he doesn't agree with his views.

We're allowed to voice our opinion in the real world too.

And yeah if I was Hannity I'd be scared shitless while it was happening because I wouldn't be sure of what was going on but I guarantee you that when I got back to the hotel and they had stayed outside I would have been laughing my ass off and frankly quite pleased with myself.

I mean in that industry getting chased by an angry mob is a badge of honor.

I would agree that it was not all that bad. It is just one more negative dig at Ron Paul supporters that does not help. I am no fan of Sean Hannity. But he does not have the number two talk radio show for nothing. He has many many listeners, at least some of whom could be Ron Paul supporters. It takes repetition for some of RP's ideas to sink in. We do not need to give the MSM more ammunition. They invent enough on their own.

RonPaulFever
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Here's the youtube:

Many thanks!!

Highstreet
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
People are angry. Vent it on hannity all day long.

When protesting quietly doesnt get you any coverage maybe protest loudly?

Ron Paul needs to do the same thing. Call bullshit in debates, nail them on their blatant lies and STICK up for himself.

The people who think Ron Paul is convincing because he is "polite" probably think these protesters are idiots as well. Keep it up NH supporters!

The protestors aren't idiots.

We just need to remember we are representing Paul, and we will never get him elected by ignorant BS like this.

walt
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
full length youtube please

Highstreet
01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I would agree that it was not all that bad. It is just one more negative dig at Ron Paul supporters that does not help. I am no fan of Sean Hannity. But he does not have the number two talk radio show for nothing. He has many many listeners, at least some of whom could be Ron Paul supporters. It takes repetition for some of RP's ideas to sink in. We do not need to give the MSM more ammunition. They invent enough on their own.

bump

Dave Wood
01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
There is nothing to lose here folks! These people have black balled RP since day one. They have done even worse when you take the wisecracks into account!! How do you think that makes the DOC and his family feel??? His kids, grandkids? Stop being weak. RP has proven his credentials, it is time we do to. These guys and gals did NOTHING wrong. If you think they did then are NOT a real supporter of RP........that simple.

michaelwise
01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I am so proud of the Ron Paul supporters in New Hampshire. That angry protest against Hannity and Fix News is the kind of spirit that made our country great, once upon a time. This is the kind of spirit all Americans need to display, in order to make our country great once again. Good work guys.

Highstreet
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
There is nothing to lose here folks! These people have black balled RP since day one. They have done even worse when you take the wisecracks into account!! How do you think that makes the DOC and his family feel??? His kids, grandkids? Stop being weak. RP has proven his credentials, it is time we do to. These guys and gals did NOTHING wrong. If you think they did then are NOT a real supporter of RP........that simple.

It's not about right or wrong.

It is about giving them ammunition they can paint the cable channels with to prove their previous claims of kooks.

It is also dishonoring Paul.

Mark Rushmore
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I am so proud of the Ron Paul supporters in New Hampshire. That angry protest against Hannity and Fix News is the kind of spirit that made our country great, once upon a time. This is the kind of spirit all Americans need to display, in order to make our country great once again. Good work guys.

It would be a better nation if every time one of those lying scumbags stepped foot on a public street, there was a similar crowd shouting them down.

Highstreet
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM

I do appreciate the spirit and enthusiasm, just not the tactics.

WTFYO
01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
LOL FIXED NEWS that was awesome

Dave Wood
01-07-2008, 08:35 PM

It is about giving them ammunition they can paint the cable channels with to prove their previous claims of kooks.

they are doing that anyway..............its time for us to defend our position and shows these spoiled "reporters" what is REALLY going on in America. I look at this action in NH as simply defending Pauls honor.

scooter
Look at all of you STILL complaining even after we got excellent press out of the deal on Olberman's show.

familydog

What is this a supporter contest? Because I disagree with you or others you're somehow more of a supporter than I? I stand my by original comments in this thread.

Thomas Paine
01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
That's exactly right.

Dave Wood
01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
What is this a supporter contest? Because I disagree with you or others you're somehow more of a supporter than I? I stand my by original comments in this thread.

WHAT is wrong with you familydog?? go back to sleep.

ValidusCustodiae
01-07-2008, 08:38 PM
THAT ROCKED!!! Holy CRAP! Hahaha... did you see Scammity running like a scared animal ROFL THAT'll teach you to ignore our Constitution!

This was GOLDEN, it finally got Olbermann to talk about us, and it was super positive! I know he's a liberal hack, but we need all the exposure we can get. Plenty of libs will be voting Paul this year!

CountryRoads
01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
"Ron Paul supporters angry at FIXED NEWS' exclusion of Ron Paul" LOL CLASSIC

kyleAF
01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Hannity probably gets a lot of threats, being at the level of public scrutiny that he is, so I'm not surprised that he rushed off, but I don't think (having watched the Olbermann report) that the supporters were in any way threatening... just loud and insistent.

Maybe it'll get people to think. But one thing's for sure: NEVER advocate violence. That's explicitly contrary to what Dr. Paul is bringing to the debate. And it is a sure way to turn people away from our campaign.

Keep that in mind and continue to fight the good, principled, and reasoned fight.

michaelwise
01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
It would be a better nation if every time one of those lying scumbags stepped foot on a public street, there was a similar crowd shouting them down.
You don't see McCain or other candidates supporters standing up for their candidate when the news media is biased against their candidate. Why? Because other supporters would prefer to sit on their asses and let people run ruffshot over them and because their candidate is lame. Hillary is loosing big in the media now. You here her angry supporters speaking out? NO.

Thomas Paine
Every time I see or hear Sean Hannity, I will always remember how that gutless little coward fled into the hotel before ensuring that his female companion was safely inside.

K1RBY
i dont think its gonna hurt too badly.
olberman's countdown to no ratings, couldnt hurt RP even if it was RP himself chasing hannity...

leglock
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Look at all of you STILL complaining even after we got excellent press out of the deal on Olberman's show.

I understand that many of RP's supporters used to be Democrats, but please understand. Ron Paul is running for the REPUBLICAN PARTY NOMINATION.

Praise from the Democrats aren't going to help him.

How many conservatives do you think watch Countdown?

Independent Operator
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Our people acted like a stupid (swearing) mob, didn't they? :(

unfortunately yes.

i, of course, feel the same visceral emotion, and i completely empathize with it - believe me, i do!! but yeah, you are right.

they should have maintained self-control, and been firm but polite.

...but that's mobocracy (read democracy in action) for you. :(

Train
01-07-2008, 08:48 PM
I fully agree with what they did. Hannity deserved it. I don't agree with the throwing of snowballs, and I don't agree with the Ron Paul signs present. Had it been done just as angry protesters or (as a great patriot in another thread suggested) as Ninjas, they could've drawn their own conclusion who it was that was angry at Hannity.

traitorist
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Agreed!

On youtube someone commented on the people following Hannity: "The founders would be at the front of this pack!" :D

PRICELESS! :D

Thanehand
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Sorry for being rude, but you have clearly not been paying attention for the past decade.

In 1997, FOX was sued for falsifying information and they essentially argued in court (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Akre) that "there's no law that says we can't deceive the people."

THE COURT AGREED AND FOX WON!

FOX does NOT care about Ron, his supporters or even presenting the truth. They will NEVER deviate from their agenda just as the other networks will not.

Watch the Ron crew chatting with Frank Luntz on the street corner that same night and WATCH how Luntz answers when people say "We've lost the fourth estate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Estate)!" His "apology" and wry smile he gives while saying it sum up the state of what we're dealing with perfectly.

Thomas Paine
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Agreed!

If I recall, the early Patriots threw snowballs at British soldiers in Boston.

michaelwise
01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
I have never seen such love for one's country displayed in such a fervent manner by civilians associated with the Ron Paul movement. New Hampshire Ron Paul movement Rocks!:cool:

traitorist
01-07-2008, 08:55 PM
I have never seen such love for one's country displayed in such a fervent manner by civilians associated with the Ron Paul movement. New Hampshire Ron Paul movement Rocks!:cool:

AMEN!

philipsantamaria
01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Not only would the founders have been doing the smae thing...

I'm sure if Dr. Paul was not running himself, and was a few years younger...he'd be there too. And I'm sure Dr. Paul is laughing about it in his head.

Dr. Paul is nice and humble now, but if you see videos of him being provoked 20 years ago...you'd know whats up.

ValidusCustodiae
01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I understand that many of RP's supporters used to be Democrats, but please understand. Ron Paul is running for the REPUBLICAN PARTY NOMINATION.

Praise from the Democrats aren't going to help him.

How many conservatives do you think watch Countdown?

I was a democrat and now I'm a Republican, thanks to Ron Paul.

Don't write off support from Democrats. You don't have to be registered for any specific party to vote in the general election. A lot of democrats will vote for Ron Paul over Hillary because she's a b!+c#.

Thanehand
01-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I forgot to mention:

The behavior exhibited in the video is ABSOLUTELY warranted.

NOBODY is holding the networks accountable for borderline treason in manipulating the public's opinion in the presidential elections. The general population and courts don't care. Until the people respond with their wallets and their voices peacefully YET forcibly like this on a regular basis, things will NOT change.

Many here are missing the big picture. Yes, these individuals were loud and borderline rude to Sean. But put that into perspective for a moment:

Their voices while protesting him were MINISCULE compared to Sean Hannity misusing his broadcasting power EVERY day to spew agenda to MILLIONS of people on TV, the Radio and in print.

Which is worse -- Heckling one person loudly or manipulating millions of people quietly?

walt
01-07-2008, 09:19 PM
anyone have a full youtube all the way to don't tase me bro?

newbitech
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM

huckabee is that you?

Thomas Paine
01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Christ, you would think by Sean Hannity's whining that he was given a Code Red by Ron Paul supporters. What a chickenhawk!

AgentOrange
01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Were these really Ron Paul supporters throwing snowballs, or were they paid actors hired by Fox?

ladyliberty
01-07-2008, 09:26 PM
prolly hucks army disguised as us!

Thomas Paine
01-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Were these really Ron Paul supporters throwing snowballs, or were they paid actors hired by Fox?

Didn't see any snowballs. Any such allegations would be summarily dismissed in any court of competent jurisdiction.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Where is the youtube. Please repost. I don't want to read 16 pages of this. Thanks.

traitorist
01-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I forgot to mention:

The behavior exhibited in the video is ABSOLUTELY warranted.

NOBODY is holding the networks accountable for borderline treason in manipulating the public's opinion in the presidential elections. The general population and courts don't care. Until the people respond with their wallets and their voices peacefully YET forcibly like this on a regular basis, things will NOT change.

Many here are missing the big picture. Yes, these individuals were loud and borderline rude to Sean. But put that into perspective for a moment:

Their voices while protesting him were MINISCULE compared to Sean Hannity misusing his broadcasting power EVERY day to spew agenda to MILLIONS of people on TV, the Radio and in print.

Which is worse -- Heckling one person loudly or manipulating millions of people quietly?

+1776

jasonjasonjason1
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
aa

ChristopherBearkat
01-07-2008, 09:49 PM
The people who would be turned off by this video wouldn't be voting for Ron Paul in the first place.

I thought it was funny....but I'm also 24 and would have been at the front of the pack. As long he wasn't touched (which he wasn't) then we're good.

I think it showed the enthusiasm of Dr. Paul's supporters. (Which is the lifeblood of any campaign.)

Thomas Paine
01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
The people who would be turned off by this video wouldn't be voting for Ron Paul in the first place.

I thought it was funny....but I'm also 24 and would have been at the front of the pack. As long he wasn't touched (which he wasn't) then we're good.

I think it showed the enthusiasm of Dr. Paul's supporters. (Which is the lifeblood of any campaign.)

That's exactly right. The people turned off by this video wouldn't be voting for Ron Paul in the first place.

Duckman
01-07-2008, 10:27 PM

All throughout this campaign alot of people have felt this is not important, that we need to attract attention. I have to say, the people who have felt that way have done well in getting us fervent supporters, but also gave Ron Paul a high unfavorability rating among Republicans (I don't think this hurt us so much for others). We have been both a positive and a negative force in what we have done here. I'm hoping this plays well with independents who can vote for Ron Paul in NH.

Thomas Paine
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
All throughout this campaign alot of people have felt this is not important, that we need to attract attention. I have to say, the people who have felt that way have done well in getting us fervent supporters, but also gave Ron Paul a high unfavorability rating among Republicans (I don't think this hurt us so much for others). We have been both a positive and a negative force in what we have done here. I'm hoping this plays well with independents who can vote for Ron Paul in NH.

Any person supporting any of the other candidates is not a true Republican.

leglock
01-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Those who hate Hillary are going to Obama.

Any person supporting any of the other candidates is not a true Republican.

So now we're saying "Ron Paul is the only true Republican" as opposed to "Ron paul is the true Conservative." Roger that, boss.

Didn't see any snowballs. Any such allegations would be summarily dismissed in any court of competent jurisdiction.

You'd make a GREAT lawyer, gosh..you'd argue the cash for reasonable doubt on murder just because you didn't see the murder wouldn't you..?

But seriously...

At three different points of the footage....

"STOP THROWING STUFF...."
"STOP THROWING SNOW.."
""STOP THROWING SHIT, STOP THROWING SHIT!!!!"

Flirple
01-08-2008, 12:26 AM
I see this as a minus to the Paul campaign. But a plus to the r3volution...

If that makes any sense...

That is a very astute observation. And I think I agree.

amy31416
01-08-2008, 12:34 AM

Lovely.

Nothing pisses me off more than some of our own screwing things up. The people in NH are taking so much time and care in their support of RP and these, *(*%%%#@@ ruin it!

I am so irritated by this. One of our local meetup people who's in NH wrote the group about this like it was something to be proud of. I'm disgusted.

amy31416
01-08-2008, 12:36 AM

I'm turned off by this video and I'm voting for Ron Paul.

Digest that.

When enthusiasm turns to mindless mob mentality, it's time to step back and reconsider your methods.

coffeewithchess
01-08-2008, 12:48 AM
I see this as a minus to the Paul campaign. But a plus to the r3volution...

If that makes any sense...

I agree, I was talking with my wife tonight and how in "V for Vendetta" there is the line in the movie "SO much chaos, someone will do something stupid and when they do things will turn nasty..." I told her this is what I think may end up happening with a Ron Paul supporter...I hope not, but some of US even scare me a little.

InTheoryTV
01-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Leno said to Ron Paul tonight that he thought that if he was Ron Paul that he would be kicking someones ass.

Ron Paul laughed.

We have been short changed. Some taunting and maybe a snow ball thrown??

OH NOES

Jodi's mom
01-08-2008, 12:57 AM
I think we need to use our heads about this. Ron's supporters didn't hurt Hannity, even though he deserves to have his ass kicked. I can't stand sissy-boys that continually use their power and clout to bully others, but when someone dares to retaliate, they are the assholes!

Being gentlemen and ladies towards Hannity won't get make a point with him. He's a power-mad, arrogant ass. He loves his "position". He needs to be brought down a peg or two, but we need to stay within the law!

I gag when I remember how people called in to his radio program to tell him what a good American he is. He's not an American! He's a war-mongering fascist pig who doesn't have a patriotic bone in his body, and he damn sure doesn't believe in first amendment rights or equal treatment.

Let's continue bringing Faux News down by boycotting them!

Remember, we wouldn't have to act as we do if they (the media) were fair. Like Ron said on Leno, he raised more money than the others in the 4th quarter and was higher in the polls than Thompson or Guiliani, so what was their reason for shutting him out of the debate? BECAUSE THEY INTEND TO CENSOR HIM! How is that "American"? Right! it's not!

liberty_Forever
01-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Oh c'mon guys, the media have slandered us CONSTANTLY. They have an agenda to protect. What they are afraid of most is our ideas.

Sean Hannity is a coward and a bully. Yes, the Sean Hannity chase wasn't exactly the best idea. I certainly agree. These kids should have been more polite and they should have been more eloquent. But give them a break, they are young and passionate. THESE ARE THE ONES WHO WILL GET DRAFTED during the expansion of the Middle East war. They stand to lose the most from the collapsing economy. In case you haven't noticed, they don't have a future AND THEY KNOW IT. Don't tell me you were never 16-22. At least they care and are willing to confront these cowards. My message to them is this: Tone it down, stay positive, articulate your message clearly, but always be fearless to confront tyranny. Lead by moral example.

At least these kids are not watching their TVs and buying Fox's crap any longer. They have left their computer screens and confronted one of the most dishonest people in the media. I agree it will have BOTH positive and negative consequences. It might be bad short term, but good long term, because it shows that we are not afraid to confront these evil and ignorant men. No conservative revolution has succeeded without the support of the youth.

You can be damn sure we have sent a message to the corrupt liars that have hijacked our country will have some serious trouble if they decide to declare martial law or proceed with their twisted and evil plans (NAU, etc).

Yes, we must reject mob rule. We must support the rule of law and the US Constitution. . .But c'mon these are just kids! They have made mistakes, but at least they are trying. So long as they are not trashing private property or hurting anyone, it's not the end of the world. Honestly, these kids deserve straight answers from Sean Hannity, because he is more than willing to spill their blood. The media will make up lies about Ron Paul regardless of what we do. Of course we can avoid giving the MSM ammo for smear pieces, but we can also confront these news pundits and petty tyrants to demand answers.

We *must* show the world we are not afraid to stand up for the US Constitution.

Hook
01-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Full Youtube?

maxbish
01-08-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm turned off by this video and I'm voting for Ron Paul.

Digest that.

When enthusiasm turns to mindless mob mentality, it's time to step back and reconsider your methods.

I'm turned ON by this video and I'm voting for Ron Paul.

Digest that.

When complacency turns to non-involvement beyond your internet tubes, it's time to step back and reconsider your methods.

Like the previous poster said, even Leno told RP that he would have wanted to kick somone's ass @ Fixed News. This clip showed enthusiasm that was nothing remotely like mindless mob mentality. It was clever pressing Hannity for an interview just like his Fox minoins have done when they corner people for interviews on the street.

IMO I see more mindless mob mentality here on the board with GroupThink that blocks out points of constructive criticism. Now that type "head in the sand" mentality scares me.

Corydoras
01-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Full Youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMrHorlOB0k

Swmorgan77
01-08-2008, 02:38 AM

Very upset.

The positive thing about this is not necessarily in how it appears to voters, but in how it will make media personalities think twice about their bias and decisions. Having to face real people and explain your actions can have a powerful effect.

derdy
01-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Those who hate Hillary are going to Obama.

There are no absolutes. At a gun show we were handing out Ron Paul Slim Jims and DVDs at the door. A guy comes up to us and says, "Oh my god! Thank god you guys are here!"

Turns out he's a lifelong Democrat who thinks Hillary is the anti-christ and he likes Edwards, but thinks Ron Paul makes much more sense. He never mentioned Obama. He gave us $20 for the free DVD's and slim jims we gave him and is an avid supporter.

By the way, I think this was GREAT! These talking heads of mainstream media outlets that push their corporate agenda on the US populace 24x7 need to face reality that there are REAL people out here that are waking up to their lies and we're going to do something about it! There was nothing violent about following Hannity and shouting at him. Throwing snowballs at some one is rude and disrespectful, but that's karma for you.

amy31416
01-08-2008, 03:32 AM
I'm turned ON by this video and I'm voting for Ron Paul.

Digest that.

When complacency turns to non-involvement beyond your internet tubes, it's time to step back and reconsider your methods.

Like the previous poster said, even Leno told RP that he would have wanted to kick somone's ass @ Fixed News. This clip showed enthusiasm that was nothing remotely like mindless mob mentality. It was clever pressing Hannity for an interview just like his Fox minoins have done when they corner people for interviews on the street.

IMO I see more mindless mob mentality here on the board with GroupThink that blocks out points of constructive criticism. Now that type "head in the sand" mentality scares me.

I'm coming around to accepting the occurrence. I'm not a pacifist, but I do believe in hostility and violence as a last resort. This is a revolution and there will be some impolite things occurring. I just initially reacted to this as being an opportunity for the media to paint us as a bunch of thugs and I get pissed off when we make "stupid moves" yet I realize that we need some boldness in order to achieve our goals.

I'm an amateur in politics and I sometimes err on the side of caution. Revolutionaries are not usually cautious people. While I certainly don't agree with anyone physically harming anyone (as was implied--throwing things at Hannity), I also understand that we need to make bold moves. I only hope that they are well thought out.

jupiter
01-08-2008, 04:17 AM
I was originally appalled at the clip as I saw it live on Fox. Hannity referred to the RP supporters as "lunatics". I said to myself -- ok this is it, this clip by itself could destroy Ron Paul's chances.

I then saw the way that Frank Lutz was treated, when he actually stepped outside in the cold and bothered to discuss the whole focus group issue with the band of Ron Paul supporters. The supporters would not give him a decent chance to speak, etc, and terminated the conversation by swearing at him.

Is this the message of liberty, prosperity and values that is going to catch fire with mainstream _voters_ if not the MSM?

As much as enthusiasm is good, self-control amongst supporters is also necessary. Don't let the RP movement's greatest strength turn into its greatest weakness.

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for 5 years and running. I am dead serious regarding my desire for him to succeed. But, I don't want all of this energy and enthusiasm to be aborted because of a few overzealous moments.

Yes, the media is against us. But, the solution is _not_ to hand them propaganda victories.
Chasing Hannity down the street doesn't scare him. What will _really_ scare Hannity and Fox is if the supporters enthusiastically _and_ respectfully garner increasingly large proportions of voters.

This goal, however, is not compatible with the performances of the supporters regarding Lutz & Hannity.

We are in this to win it, not just to make a point.

jupiter
01-08-2008, 04:20 AM
I should also state one more thing regarding "standing up" to Hannity, Lutz, and the MSM:

Liberals have been doing exactly this for a long time, and it has only increased the notoriety of the fake "right-wing" personalities.

Oyate
01-08-2008, 05:24 AM
I'm coming around to accepting the occurrence. (SNIP) Revolutionaries are not usually cautious people. While I certainly don't agree with anyone physically harming anyone (as was implied--throwing things at Hannity), I also understand that we need to make bold moves. I only hope that they are well thought out.

Very nicely put Amy. Basically what's happening here is that the movement is rapidly transforming itself into a street-capable force. What I guess we'd better do right about now is learn from history, Ghandi, Dr. King and even the hippie movement how to trail marshals to guide crowds like this. I've published on the topic before. I guess I'll dust off the manuals and shoot them up on these boards.